Mon, Sep 9, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Genesis 8 occupies 5,8GB of RAM

tagan ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:22 AM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

Hi. I have a big problem with Genesis 8 female. I state that I have a QX9650 3GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 PRO and a GTX750TI 2GB. when I load Genesis 8 female, the PC takes about 8 minutes to load, but the worst thing is that dazstudio.exe occupies 5.8 GB of RAM, with Genesis 8 naked, I cannot load even one shoe or I saturate the RAM memory. I tried to remove all textures, bump and normal, but to no avail. I believe, 99%, that the problem is all the preloaded morphs of the various characters (Victoria 8, Gia8, all the DAZ and Renderosity characters that I purchased). Is there no way to download all morphs? The only thing I would like is a Genesis 8 with HeadMorph, BodyMorph and ExpressionMorph preloaded for both male and female. Also, when I clean up the scene, the PurgeMemory script brings me 5.8 to 2.3 GB of RAM instead of 240 MB as it should be. How do I solve? i can't buy NASA computer !!!

In addition, Genesis 3 female, takes 3 minutes and occupies 1.6GB of RAM. The PurgeMemory from 1.6GB to 740MB of RAM when I clear the scene. Genesis 3 also has the problem of "duplicate formulas found in file" which I will solve later.

At the moment with Genesis 8 I can't do anything! Thanks I hope you can help me. Tagan

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:52 AM

The morph bloat has always been a problem with all the Genesis-xx figures, especially for those users, importing them into Poser. The only remediation for the problem that I have seen years ago was to create an additional library containing just the figures and desirable morphs and load them into DS from there. I've never performed it but it seems like a valid solution.

tagan ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 1:49 AM

for the moment in this way, I have renamed the Morphs folder to Morphs_tmp, created a new Morphs in which I have inserted only the basic morphs of Gia, London, Victoria etc. Now it loads in about 3 minutes and does not exceed 800 MB. then I create the scene, save it with textures for the skin and then move the morph that interests me to the right folder and apply the morph.

For the moment, it's better, then I'll make a new MyLibrary2 with a little more criteria. I also find it difficult to find clothes by category.

felldude ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 9:36 AM · edited Wed, 10 June 2020 at 9:41 AM

That still seems slow to load less then a gig of information. You might want to run a benchmark to see if your cpu or hardisk is under preforming.

Also empty ram is wasted ram but 8gb is a bit low (Never upgraded windows from 7 to 10)

You could also try un-compressing all the morphs to your temp folder.

Edit: What is your virtual memory set as?

Consider supporting my work on Patreon

Pisto255 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 5:36 AM

Hi,

You can use Scene Optimizer for optimize your scene.

I use it all the time for my render. I can't see difference of quality.

I did a tutorial in french for use it : https://creerjeuvideoseul.wordpress.com/2020/05/03/nombre-de-personnages-maximum-sur-une-scene-daz-studio/ Video : https://youtu.be/5nA3kzanc7s

Thanos

Test my Renpy Game :
https://www.lucie-adult-game.com
Learn to create a Daz Studio game :
https://creerjeuvideoseul.wordpress.com

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 9:04 PM

Sounds a bit strange, 8 mins to load a naked G8F, i say this because my pc, pre xmas 2019 was a intel 1st gen i7 2.2ghz with 8gbs ram, Gtx970 (4gb vram) and 3Hds totalling 2.5tbs, and if you look in my gallery i was rendering 2 G8Fs with different textures etc. i don't think the gtx750 helps as 2gbs on the graphics card is still an issue in daz, as my new machine has inherited the old Gtx 970 and even though it has 4gbs (3.5gbs usable) it still hits issues with texture sizes filling up the memory. have you checked to see what is the max size of the virtual HD allocation? as this might help speed things up a little. try loading up a blank G8F with no textures attached to see if that helps, i know the morphs can bloat, but not to that amount, my scenes never get that high on only one G8F.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.