Wed, Sep 18, 11:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: How many people here are signed up to Prime?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 6:22 AM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 10:51 AM

When Prime first came out I signed up right away. I had been in the Poser's Platinum Club for a long time, and I think at the time Content Pardise had tried something a little similar when it was owned by E-frontier. I quickly lost interest in Prime though as it didn't quite meet my expectations. I let it expire and though I've reconsidered several times,I still find myself feeling that Prime lacks something.

On the other hand,though, maybe I'm missing something. My biggest problem with Prime is that it seems like a neverending sale in some instances. Which wouldn't be a totally bad thing except nothing I ever want is on sale when I want it. So I ask you, why should I join Prime?

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 9:20 AM

I'm currently a Prime member, but I might let my membership lapse when it expires in a couple of weeks. I haven't uploaded images in forever, and the Prime forum seems even slower than this one, so those aren't very compelling. The discounts are the only draw, for me.

My Poser spending is somewhat erratic. I've actually gone years without buying anything (which was a waste of a Prime membership). Lately, I've been spending ridiculous amounts of money.

I might wait to renew my Prime membership until I want to buy stuff again. Which will probably be soon, but unlike the Platinum club, there doesn't seem to be an incentive to renew before your membership expires. You don't get a discount on the price if you renew while you're still an active member. So there's no reason to rush.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 4:52 PM

I never get into those discount club things and never use coupons. I've found from experience that as soon as I pay extra to get into the "club", either I lose interest in the subject or the store closes. It's easier and simpler to just buy each item for the stated price.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

willdial ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 6:36 PM

I'm a Prime member and very happy about it. I purchase a lot so the savings do add up. The reward points accumulate faster on Prime, so that helps as well. All totaled up, I've saved 58% over the regular price. If you buy a lot, then it's totally worth it.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 7:05 PM

I 99% of the time buy stuff from artists that I like. It's not Walmart, it's art. I have no problem paying full price for art that I appreciate and want in my collection. I actually feel somehow part of something when I support artists that I like. I'll buy stuff on sale, sure. But if it's a prop or figure or character that I know will be quality I just pay full price, that's just my way of looking at it. Lately I've been buying alot of stuff because I just started using Poser again, seem to have some extra money, and a new figure that I like has content that I want. Over time my buying habits will become as they were in the past, which is buying very sporadically and just concentrating on 3d modeling and project ideas with what I have... which is actually way way more Poser content then I will actually ever use. I'll probably never get a prime membership unless one is given to me for placing in a render contest or something, which has happened a few times in the past here and at RDNA. Oddly, prime membership was never the reward... it's always software or store credit.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 7:27 PM
Online Now!

As a strict consumer, Prime works well for me. I look for quality so I am OK with delaying purchases until something nice and well made either goes for Prime sale or I can use my Prime points to lower the price. More recently I got a bit irked about how the other software's content seems to dominate everything here and how quality of recent content and promo materials went down a bit, but I anticipate it still will be worth purchasing Prime for an additional year. Poser 12 will definitely, I expect, be a watershed for many.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 7:35 PM

randym77 posted at 7:34PM Tue, 07 July 2020 - #4394053

I'm currently a Prime member, but I might let my membership lapse when it expires in a couple of weeks. ................................................................................................................................................................................

I think your little blue key fell off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 7:37 PM · edited Tue, 07 July 2020 at 7:38 PM

I want my little trophy thingy that I never got lol.

https://www.renderosity.com/2d-grand-prize-halloween-contest-winner-eldritchcellar-cms-17991

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 10:13 PM

CHK2033 posted at 10:11PM Tue, 07 July 2020 - #4394118

randym77 posted at 7:34PM Tue, 07 July 2020 - #4394053

I'm currently a Prime member, but I might let my membership lapse when it expires in a couple of weeks. ................................................................................................................................................................................

I think your little blue key fell off

I actually never noticed the blue key until you mentioned it, or had any clue what it meant.

According to my Prime page, I'm still a member until Jul 19, 2020. And I've spent a truly alarming amount of money here. Holy crap.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 5:58 AM

Something that would make me join the Prime Club again would be if they had clearance items on sale there all the time at reduced costs, of course, That was one of the perks I loved about the Platinum Club.

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 7:55 AM

You get a 55% discount on clearance items instead of the standard 35%

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 10:01 AM · edited Wed, 08 July 2020 at 10:07 AM

Nails60 posted at 11:00AM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394148

You get a 55% discount on clearance items instead of the standard 35%

I'll look into it. I haven't joined Prime since they first started it, so I don't follow what they do now.

One other thing they could do though is to make Prime a Month to Month Club or at least have that option. I didn't like it when DAZ did that with the Platinum Club at first, but then I realized that I was actually buying more stuff from the Club than I normally was. I was incentivised because I was paying for a monthly membership and I didn't like paying for nothing, so I would buy things just to make it worth my while.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 10:57 AM

Prime, Platinum, Whatever... ?

Never bothered. Closest I came was way back in the day when Digiport had a membership thing... almost did that one.

II mostly make my own stuff these days, or repurpose older stuff... I make enough to buy what I want when the mood strikes otherwise.

Now if by chance I started buying stuff on the regular, and regular enough to justify the additional expense, then sure, it would make sense. As it is, I don't, so it doesn't.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 2:43 PM

I am a member of Prime ... and I really like it. The discounts are great and the flash sales on older and clearance items are well worth it!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

DangerMouse4Karen ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 3:12 PM

Where do you sign up for Prime? Thanks!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 3:18 PM

DangerMouse4Karen posted at 3:17PM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394170

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/renderosity-prime-annual-membership/87657/

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 08 July 2020 at 4:54 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 4:51PM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394120

https://www.renderosity.com/2d-grand-prize-halloween-contest-winner-eldritchcellar-cms-17991

It fell off like randym77's key, I never knew what that was either (cause I usually browse Rendo on my phone when Im out and trying to ignore someone talking away.....like now) so never really seen those little things myself either, I dont use it much but when I do Im glad I have it .

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 08 July 2020 at 7:35 PM
Site Admin

EldritchCellar posted at 7:25PM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394120

The trophy is for top sellers. If you hover over them, it tells you what they're for.

As far as my prime membership, I won it. I don't buy enough to warrent it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:26 AM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:26 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:24AM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394171

DangerMouse4Karen posted at 3:17PM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394170

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/renderosity-prime-annual-membership/87657/

That's another thing. I wouldn't even know where to go to look for stuff on sale in Prime. They used to have it featured prominently so you could go and browse.

Nails60 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 6:27 AM

Well if you just click on the market place tab at the top of this page, and many others, you will see on the drop down menu options for prime flash and prime products.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 7:52 AM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 7:52 AM

Nails60 posted at 8:50AM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394191

Well if you just click on the market place tab at the top of this page, and many others, you will see on the drop down menu options for prime flash and prime products.

Well, live and learn. You know what? What if, oh, I don't know, what if there was someplace you could go to find these things out? 😃

false1 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 1:32 PM

I never did the various club subscriptions. Over the years I accumulated a ton of content, much of it unused. I believe I save money by just buying what I actually need at the time rather chasing deals.

I’ve also had issues with the huge content holes here and in other marketplaces so I realized I’d have to learn to model and retexture to get what I need. There are also a lot of non-Poser freebies around the net so I resize and import quite a bit of stuff. Picked a nifty saxophone just the other day.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 2:57 PM

RedPhantom posted at 3:55PM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394181

EldritchCellar posted at 7:25PM Wed, 08 July 2020 - #4394120

The trophy is for top sellers. If you hover over them, it tells you what they're for.

As far as my prime membership, I won it. I don't buy enough to warrent it.

Now don't I feel silly, a feeling I've grown accustomed to ;)

Thanks for the clarification on that RedPhantom.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:19 PM

false1 posted at 5:16PM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394214

I never did the various club subscriptions. Over the years I accumulated a ton of content, much of it unused. I believe I save money by just buying what I actually need at the time rather chasing deals.

I’ve also had issues with the huge content holes here and in other marketplaces so I realized I’d have to learn to model and retexture to get what I need. There are also a lot of non-Poser freebies around the net so I resize and import quite a bit of stuff. Picked a nifty saxophone just the other day.

Hey, I agree. I've accumulated LOTS of free stuff over twenty years of using Poser. Btw, there's a Freebies page in my Content Directory that points you to a lot of free stuff, some of it contributed by the very people in this forum, including yours truly.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:36 PM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:38 PM

How comes you ain't got none of my freebies Clarkie. My Missus and Cthog figures were quite popular for a second. Is it a special club lol?

My stuff's were/are on the Daz freebies database...

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:40 PM

I was quite shocked by the omissions on your database actually.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:45 PM

I think it's mostly freebies by vendors and PAs though by all appearances.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 4:49 PM

For instance you have Bluto listed and not Dodger. Lol.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 5:38 PM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 5:39 PM

Admittedly, I no longer frequent DAZ a lot. Not even their freebies forum. I suppose I should though.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 5:52 PM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 5:54 PM

Not sure how up to date it is now considering the schism. Haven't looked. I was only being a smarmy smartass bout my dolls though. Some of the missing freebie creators, heavy hitters, on your database are pretty glaring, just something I noticed, but hey you're only one dude. Commendable you even try.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 7:58 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 8:51PM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394231

Not sure how up to date it is now considering the schism. Haven't looked. I was only being a smarmy smartass bout my dolls though. Some of the missing freebie creators, heavy hitters, on your database are pretty glaring, just something I noticed, but hey you're only one dude. Commendable you even try.

Well, if you're talking about omissions, there's a good reason for that. My site is a predominately POSER content directory. So any content, free or otherwise has to be able to work NATIVELY in Poser. A lot of DAZ vendors don't have their products available to work natively in Poser. No, being able to get it to work in Poser is not the same thing as having it work right out of the box in Poser. I would love nothing more than to add more DAZ vendors to my directory, But the choice is up to them to make it work in Poser.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 09 July 2020 at 9:07 PM · edited Thu, 09 July 2020 at 9:14 PM

I was talking about Poser freebie creators. Nevermind. It's a derail anyway.

Some of my freebies are listed here...

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Figures

So two databases have them. Just not yours.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 11:15 AM

I was a charter member of Prime, but let it lapse for a while. I did rejoin for the last two years as some of the Prime promo sales such as this year's Beach Bag Sales are pretty good due to the additional Members' discount (although last summer's sale was much better). However, the regular Prime discounts on most products aren't that great an incentive.

I haven't yet decided if I will renew...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 11:57 AM

WandW posted at 12:45PM Fri, 10 July 2020 - #4394252

I was a charter member of Prime, but let it lapse for a while. I did rejoin for the last two years as some of the Prime promo sales such as this year's Beach Bag Sales are pretty good due to the additional Members' discount (although last summer's sale was much better). However, the regular Prime discounts on most products aren't that great an incentive.

I haven't yet decided if I will renew...

And therein lies the problem for me. I used to allow DAZ to withdraw the money, monthly from my account, although, they'd have to just bill me today, (I learned my lesson about giving people access to my account), but the payment was only about $7.00 per month. Most of the stuff in the PC was $1.99 anyway, so I bought a lot. Eventually, it was costing me more for membership than for anything I bought in the club. R'Osity doesn't seem to like low prices. Even their monthly coupons (at that time at least) were $10 or above. So, I stayed with freebies or at that time, DAZ. I joined Prime expecting to save money on sales as well, but even as cheap as the membership price is at $30 a year, they don't often have something I either want or need on sale, so that makes membership at $30 a year, a waste of good money. And I don't like to waste good money.

RobZhena ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 4:21 PM

I find Prime well worth the price. Right now, for example, Rainbow Lights Genesis 3 items are $3.50 for members, which has been the case before. I’ve snarfed a lot of those up and converted them to Poser figures in the fitting room. Platinum at the other place is the same. I’ve gotten clothing that almost never appears for less than $10 for $2.99 when they show up as PC+ for a day. You just have to pay attention.

MajinBoo ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 10:48 PM

I am it's great to see so many good products discounted not just Daz Studio but Poser as well(which I prefer).

false1 ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2020 at 9:52 AM

EClark1894 posted at 10:51AM Sat, 11 July 2020 - #4394224

false1 posted at 5:16PM Thu, 09 July 2020 - #4394214

Hey, I agree. I've accumulated LOTS of free stuff over twenty years of using Poser. Btw, there's a Freebies page in my Content Directory that points you to a lot of free stuff, some of it contributed by the very people in this forum, including yours truly.

That freebies listing is pretty cool. It’s like walking through a flea market. Never know what you might find.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.