Sun, Sep 15, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 9:58 pm)

Subject: I got a new PC Computer

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 2:02 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 6:47 AM

My Dad bought me an HP Envy desktop it features 32GB RAM, an nVidia 1660 Super video card, etc. This computer exceeds all my expectations. For around $1,000, it's the best computer investment ever, for me! Renders are completed in minutes. Here's a link to the HP Envy computer: HP Envy

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 2:59 PM
Site Admin

Pretty cool. I have 16 GB ram, but I'm thinking of upgrading to 32.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 3:06 PM

Jeff, it won't hurt to upgrade the memory.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 3:28 PM · edited Sat, 19 September 2020 at 3:40 PM
Site Admin

Yeah I definitely want to upgrade. I paid $350 for this computer (refurbished) and the RAM upgrade will be about $75 so the whole thing will have cost me $425. Not bad. I also have a 3.2 GHz processor and a 2 TB hard drive.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 4:04 PM

That's very inexpensive, if it's all you want.

Heatherlly ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 10:29 PM

Congrats on the new PC!

I've had this one for about a year now and I'm really happy with it. I'll probably go up to 32GB RAM and a better graphics card when I replace it, but for now, it renders quick and handles all my different 3D related programs with ease. Happy with the brand, too – this computer is much less finicky than some of the bigger brands I've used.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 11:35 PM

Thanks. Heatherlly, I believe I looked at that and similar models. It looked decent. One day I got a Costco catalogue, and like the one I got. It helped that my Dad bought it for me!

Heatherlly ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2020 at 10:00 PM

I wish someone else had paid for mine. lol!

Keep us updated on how it performs. Hope you enjoy it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.