Wed, Sep 18, 11:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Help!!!

deborahdavies ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 4:53 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

I use psp pro and just bought 2020. I want to start using Poser also but havent b4. Once I become familiar and can use it, will I be able to save to png or jpg to use as part of designs I create in psp? Sorry if I sound a bit thick but I am a newby....

Thanks

Deb

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 4:56 AM · edited Tue, 06 October 2020 at 4:57 AM

Yes you can export Poser renders as images. you can use these in your graphics software. The exported render formats are: PMG, TIF, BMP, TGA, JPG, PSD.

Eternal Hobbyist

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 5:19 AM

If you are specifically aiming to use Poser output in PaintShopPro, you may be interested in rendering raster objects on a transparent background, like so:

Liquid Knight Superfly wireframe raster object 422x597.png

Sylfie Sfly holdout raster 1184.png

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

deborahdavies ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 5:36 AM

Thank you, that helps lots

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 7:12 AM

Tip: if you plan on making images like seachnasaigh made 1. make the "construct" or GROUND not visable and 2. save as a png. To give you a head start. Have fun!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 7:41 AM

Boni, that won't work for Superfly. You need to apply the holdout node as a material to the construct/ground/envirosphere to get a transparent background.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

willdial ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 8:09 AM

seachnasaigh, Boni's suggestion does work in Superfly. I used that exact technique to put in a sky with Photoshop just last week.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 9:57 AM

Or, you can do what I do and get rid of the bleedin' Construct. :D

As for images, I always save 'em as PNG. Many of me textures are PNG these days, too.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 10:00 AM

Works for me in Superfly as well. Thanks to a tip from someone here, I have my default Poser scene load with the ground prop set to visible, but not visible in camera. That way I can see it for posing (sometimes the grid is useful), but it doesn't render.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 12:25 PM

SamTherapy posted at 1:24PM Tue, 06 October 2020 - #4401091

Or, you can do what I do and get rid of the bleedin' Construct. :D

Exactly what I did when I first got P11, as I was so used to only having the default Ground plane to work with.

I just deleted it, and then re-saved my default scene without it. 😁

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.