Mon, Sep 16, 10:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: No Renders Visible

3Dpixi ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:26 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

What I see after rendering .. any ideas to solve this are welcome

norenders.png

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:28 PM

Someone had a similar problem here:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2954231

3Dpixi ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:32 PM

Thanks Randy ..! .. will take a look at it ?

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:54 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:55 PM

I've had this happen occasionally in poser 11. Try changing cameras, then back to the camera you were rendering with. Also happened when my graphics card didn't have enough memory to handle the scene and I was trying to render with GPU.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:56 PM

Hi there

Are you using CPU or GPU for rendering and what GPU are you using?

If you are using RTX 3080 or 3090 then this GPU for now is unsupported and will be supported probably in next update

Please check notifications and check if you are not getting any error there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3Dpixi ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 4:59 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:04 PM

@ randym77 : unfortunate that thread is about what happens when canceling the render

mine is showing no renders after full rendering is finished :(

3Dpixi ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:03 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:03 PM

@ bwldrd : never had this in Poser 11 .. but thank you .. will give that I try

@ Jura : thank you for this info .. I will take a look at it in what I actually rendered .. lol .. good to know GPU is unsupported

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:10 PM

@3Dpixi

Can you please check shader and if in this shader is not used AO(Ambient Occlusion) and few others, if yes then usually you will get blank render if you are rendering with GPU and OptiX

Are you using OptiX? Can you post your render settings?

Check notifications first, from this you will know what is causing, it can be shader or can be as simple Nvidia driver crash(if this happens then check Overclocking can cause that) or can be just you are running out of VRAM on your GPU

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

jura11 ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2020 at 5:13 PM

Can you please try downloading my scene from freebie section if it renders that scene correctly?

Thanks, Jura

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 2:12 AM

@ Jura11 : Thank you for pointing me out to your Free Stuff products .. your scenes look marvelous and sure will give those a try !!

I wasn't able to make a screen shot because I did not save the scene since it was a raw test .. however the settings I used were presets from the default list .. Now I understand that I best pick a CPU setting .. will give it all a try and let know if it worked :)

3Dpixi ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 3:20 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 November 2020 at 3:26 AM

Checked notifications but all is blank .. and no matter what I try picking up the advices in the forum no render is visible :(

Both in Superfly and Firefly I see it during rendering but at the end all vanishes

Could it be because it is the trial version ?? I hope not .. and sure love to figure out what is going wrong

default.png

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 4:31 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 November 2020 at 4:31 AM

My version is no trial. If a render is stopped before it finishes cooking it disappears period. It was my habit to let renders cook using progressive rendering and stop when It hit a resolution good enough for the task at hand. This is no longer possible. 2 diff CPU, RTX, GTX, graphics cards. Doesn't matter. Stopping a render before it finishes on it's own results in a grey screen or a grey screen with a few fully rendered sections that did not need as much time to fully resolve.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 4:38 AM

parkdalegardener posted at 11:37AM Fri, 06 November 2020 - #4403579

My version is no trial. If a render is stopped before it finishes cooking it disappears period. It was my habit to let renders cook using progressive rendering and stop when It hit a resolution good enough for the task at hand. This is no longer possible. 2 diff CPU, RTX, GTX, graphics cards. Doesn't matter. Stopping a render before it finishes on it's own results in a grey screen or a grey screen with a few fully rendered sections that did not need as much time to fully resolve.

I agree, if rendering in a separate process, I disagree if rendering in the same process, from what I just tested before answering. Could it be driver dependant?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 6:10 AM

Separate process checked or not doesn't matter. Two different machines with two different cards. No issues with any combination of CPU/GPU in P11 including the RTX card. If P12 is requiring older drivers this may be the case but both machines and drivers on both are up to date.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 8:14 AM

Went for groceries. Turned the machines back on. Unticked render in separate process yet again. Y-Phil works now CPU/GPU.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 8:41 AM

parkdalegardener posted at 3:41PM Fri, 06 November 2020 - #4403598

Went for groceries. Turned the machines back on. Unticked render in separate process yet again. Y-Phil works now CPU/GPU.

Great ?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

adosity ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 1:08 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 November 2020 at 1:11 PM

This might not be an issue with Poser. Upon completing the render, Poser saves these renders to its own RenderCache folder, even if you don't save the files yourself. As an aside, there is an option in Poser under General Preferences > Render > Max cached renders that lets you control how many are saved.

Back to the point, since your scenes seem to render just fine but then disappear the moment they should be being saved to that RenderCache, it might be the case that your Windows 10 security settings are not allowing Poser to write to its save location (AppData in previous versions, seems to be in My Documents now under Poser > RenderCache). It might be worth checking your Windows notifications to see if it has blocked Poser from accessing these locations, or check 'Controlled folder access' via the Windows 10 Settings options for any warnings about Poser attempting (and failing) to gain access to these folders.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Fri, 06 November 2020 at 2:23 PM

Security settings had nothing to do with my issue. The separate processes tickbox change didn't seem to catch without a machine/program reboot. I do not know which. P11 running side by side with P12 doesn't have the same problem when using progressive rendering.

I told the install to pick up my existing settings from P11. It did and installed just fine. Both P11 installations have the separate processes tickbox checked and work just fine. P12 installed with the box checked. That was taken from my existing preferences upon upgrade and is as expected. That is what caused my progressive render, stopped early; from displaying as it used to. I checked again before replying to this post.

It is the seperate process tick box being checked in P12 that causes the issue (in my case). It does not cause this issue using P11 on the same hardware rendering the same pz3. There is a change somewhere but I don't care. Possibly with the loss of some 32 bit code in the program itself.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 9:10 AM

I see as well that working area rendering in the Pose Room has returned. I don't know if it was in the latest update or repaired in P12 itself. Either way I am sure glad to see it functioning again.

Graytail ( ) posted Fri, 13 November 2020 at 4:14 PM ยท edited Fri, 13 November 2020 at 4:15 PM

I just downloaded and rendered Jura11's bedroom test scene and rendered it on both of my graphic cards. My Specs : Win7x64Usp1, 32gig ram, Ryzen7 2700 cpu. 1080Ti 11gb render time 2231 seconds - 37 minutes 11 seconds. 2080Ti 11gb render time - Did not finish. Rendered a black screen after at least half an hour. Message log doesnt even have an entry for the render. After the 2080ti render, poser12 has gone pretty much unresponsive too. On launching poser 11 to do a comparison between the two versions, I find that despite being installed in different directories, the poser 11 library is totally dead. Yeah, somewhat regretting buying the update so far!

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 7:53 AM

Graytail posted at 7:51AM Sun, 15 November 2020 - #4404484

I just downloaded and rendered Jura11's bedroom test scene and rendered it on both of my graphic cards. My Specs : Win7x64Usp1, 32gig ram, Ryzen7 2700 cpu. 1080Ti 11gb render time 2231 seconds - 37 minutes 11 seconds. 2080Ti 11gb render time - Did not finish. Rendered a black screen after at least half an hour. Message log doesnt even have an entry for the render. After the 2080ti render, poser12 has gone pretty much unresponsive too. On launching poser 11 to do a comparison between the two versions, I find that despite being installed in different directories, the poser 11 library is totally dead. Yeah, somewhat regretting buying the update so far!

Hi there

Please check if you have enabled render in separate process,if yes please disable that or untick that,I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with my scene :-( RTX2080Ti should be supported like with OptiX,I tested my scene again and checked again scene and everything is working,can you check if you have there any figure which does have AO there?

ThanksJura

Graytail ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 11:19 AM

Jura11, no I didnt have it rendering in a separate process. Turns out it was my graphic driver, updated it and Poser12 is running fine. Until the driver itself crashes at least. Your scene renders just fine with Optix under windows 7. Shouldnt I be seeing Optix under Windows10 as well though? The option isnt there when I boot into Win10

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 11:29 AM

Hi there

If you getting any crashes with Nvidia drivers, try raise TDR as per this article

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

Yes you should be seeing OptiX with Windows 10, not sure with Win7, I have only Win10 installed there, can you please check drivers if you are using latest drivers?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 15 November 2020 at 1:12 PM

NVidia has 2 products ranges: "Game Ready" and "Studio". I've been using the "Studio", which i find somewhat more stable and because I don't play at anything (Lol: I even don't have the time to do anything I'd like with Poser..)

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.