Thu, Oct 3, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: The heartbreak of poke-through

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2020 at 12:10 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:33 AM

I have to say, I'm finding the whole Cyberpunk 2077 brouhaha kind of hilarious. For some reason, they included customizable genitals...which resulted in serious poke-through issues. (NSFW)

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/10/22167349/cyberpunk-2077-penis-glitch-breasts

There's also this glitch (also NSFW):

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/14/22174284/cyberpunk-2077-butt-glitch-t-pose-driving

Where the figure assumes the T-pose while driving, revealing that they didn't bother with pants since presumably no one would see.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2020 at 6:36 PM

Hahaha!

A long time ago, Ilona - not my daughter, the Ilona who sells here, that is - told me of a presentation she was showing somewhere using Mike in Poser, and, being the old Mike with the genital switch, she loaded the thing up without disabling genitals, so when he appeared onscreen, clothed, his willy was swinging in the breeze. :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2020 at 11:24 PM

LOL. Maybe that's why future versions had a detachable weenie instead. ?

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2020 at 6:40 PM

why the f*** do you need to have genitals on a video game character? such a waste of time and money for the developer.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2020 at 6:58 PM

Near as I can tell, it was a mix of wanting to be edgy and wanting to be trans-friendly. Hence the characters with boobs and wieners.

But jeez, what a screwup in the execution. Poke-through with morphed figures is something that's been an issue since the early days of Poser. How were they surprised by it?

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2020 at 7:26 AM

randym77 posted at 7:22AM Thu, 24 December 2020 - #4408346

Poke-through with morphed figures is something that's been an issue since the early days of Poser. How were they surprised by it?

Indeed; it is a HUGE aggravation, and is a major reason I've been using DAZ Studio as of late, in spite of its cumbersome shader system...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2020 at 7:30 AM
Site Admin

How did none of the beta testers not notice it? My son thinks they released it like that on purpose because glitches in games mean attention and attention is publicity. He says a lot of the gaming YouTubers like glitches because it gives them things to make fun of so a lot of people see it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 2:30 AM · edited Wed, 30 December 2020 at 2:31 AM

SamTherapy posted at 2:27AM Wed, 30 December 2020 - #4407921

A long time ago, Ilona - not my daughter, the Ilona who sells here, that is - told me of a presentation she was showing somewhere using Mike in Poser, and, being the old Mike with the genital switch, she loaded the thing up without disabling genitals, so when he appeared onscreen, clothed, his willy was swinging in the breeze. :D

After working on animations in Poser for the past year or so (actually pre-Covid) while chilling at Starbucks, I have learned my lesson with factory resets (usually to fix corrupted prefs) and version updates. I wish they would make Poser SFW by default. RIP Andy. You will be missed

Previs Dummies 2

moogal ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2021 at 6:47 PM

randym77 posted at 6:40PM Sat, 02 January 2021 - #4408346

Near as I can tell, it was a mix of wanting to be edgy and wanting to be trans-friendly. Hence the characters with boobs and wieners.

But jeez, what a screwup in the execution. Poke-through with morphed figures is something that's been an issue since the early days of Poser. How were they surprised by it?

It's true that it's been a problem for Poser users since conforming clothing was introduced. It's always seemed to me that's because the developers insisted on solving the problem (skin mesh being closer to the camera than clothing mesh) than addressing the symptom which is the visibility of it. Those are two different things. For example, if you make a part that is poking through invisible you no longer see it (and can also no longer select it in the viewport). Of course sometimes parts are only partially covered... Still there should be a way to identify poke-through in the render process and force the "Z" distance of the skin to be farther from the camera than the clothing that is supposed to cover it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.