Wed, Sep 18, 6:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:28 pm)

Subject: got a product question before buying please.

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 8:22 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 6:38 PM

I only have Genesis 8 with body and head morphs for her..... my question is can i use this with her?

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=103580

or do i have to use it with Genesis 1?

JasonGalterio ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 9:01 PM

You have to use it with Genesis 1 I would guess...

But you should be able to get the base Genesis for free. The bases are usually always free.

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 9:20 PM

if you wanna work at it, you can climb the scale and make it work with G8F

You will have to go thru the all the preceding gen figures

;>

Andy!

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 8:18 AM

donnena posted at 8:18AM Sun, 03 January 2021 - #4409105

if you wanna work at it, you can climb the scale and make it work with G8F

You will have to go thru the all the preceding gen figures

what do you mean by going threw allt he preceding gen figures up to g8f?

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 10:51 AM

Genesis 2 has an option to use all of Genesis's items. Genesis 3 can wear all of Genesis's 2 stuff. Gen 8 can use all the Gen 3 stuff.
There is (or was) also a program at the competition called Wear it all, or something like that that lets the current figure use all the old stuff without having to jump thru the hoops...

;>

Andy!

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 11:44 AM

So if I use this program here ???? I can then be able to use Genesis 1 clothing/morphs with my g8 character because g8 can were all of g3 morphs/clothing?

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 2:22 PM

That's what they tell us. I don't shop at DAZ to know if it works or not! I'm sorry.

;>

Andy!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 3:21 PM

That information is not entirely correct. AutoFit, which is what is being referred to, allows, with clone shapes, for conforming items to be converted but doesn't do anything for figure textures or morphs, and doesn't preserve custom bones (which I imagine the tails use) - Genesis 8 has clones for all earlier Genesises so to the extent that it helps it will work out of the box. Morphs can be converted (by GenX 2 up to Genesis 3 and then Zev0 has a morph transfer tool for Genesis 3 to 8); Cayman Studios has sets which enable textures to be used but for Genesis to Genesis 8 they rely on additional body parts to bridge the areas where the division into surfaces has changed.

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 4:11 PM

this sounds increadable complex and from the prices of the software VERY expensive D: ..... well thank you very much for this enfo D:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.