Wed, Sep 18, 2:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: How do I install Renderosity Content in Daz Studio in Win 10?

Prof_Null ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2018 at 6:30 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 7:07 PM

First, I am not new to Daz or Renderosity, but I am new to Windows 10. Because Apple has not made computers that have enough rendering power and Nvidia GPUs I have now got myself a PC with a GTX1080, migrated my content lib across (it was surprisingly easy!) and it all works - but I still don't know how to get new content to load into the right folders. On the Mac I had a little utility just to do this called "DittoGUI". How do I copy my new Poser or DS content to my Windows Content libraries without having to load it all one item at a time? Thanks

donnena ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2018 at 9:01 AM

I hope this helps!!
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2916149

;>

Andy!

Prof_Null ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2018 at 3:44 PM

Thanks Andy but that doesn't answer my question. I know where my Content Library is, it's geting new content into the folders that I want to improve.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2018 at 9:25 AM

The Runtime/Data/any folders at the same level in the zip go to the content folder (My Library or My Daz 3D Library - for Genesis and later content it doesn't matter, but if you get Victoria 4, Michael 4 etc. content then morph expansions have to go in the same content directory as the base figure).

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2018 at 1:27 PM

Open the zip file and drag the folders into your DS content folders
with new content, it's a one file at a time process.

;>

Andy!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2018 at 1:48 PM

donnena posted at 1:46PM Sun, 18 February 2018 - #4324673

Open the zip file and drag the folders into your DS content folders
with new content, it's a one file at a time process.

On Windows it should not be a one file (or folder) at a time process - just merge the matching top-level folders (Runtime, Data, people, props, etc.) with their existing equivalents in the content directory. Mac users do have to be more careful as Macs, by default as far as I know, replace the old folder with the new rather than merging them.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2020 at 1:27 AM

I'm a mac user, and i use ditto gui. i think with PCs you just drop the folders in and they merge automatically. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RenderInfer ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2020 at 2:11 PM

I just bought some characters and tried installing them into my Daz Studio. I got a Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 to work, or seemingly so, not sure if there are any bugs. But all my Victoria 4.2 base characters aren't working. I even installed the Victoria 4.2 morphs and v4 shapes for Genesis.

Someone on this thread wrote "but if you get Victoria 4, Michael 4 etc. content then morph expansions have to go in the same content directory as the base figure)." I'm not sure what that means? You meant transfer the stuff into morph folder where the Victoria base figure is located?

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2020 at 3:42 PM

The Runtimes from Victoria 4 and all the ExP expansions have to go in the same content directory (e.g. My Daz 3D Library), not in a sub-folder. If you don't also install the PowerLoader add-ons at the same time you then have to go to /Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/ and run the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 script for your platform (.bat for Windows). Once done the content will be in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats>My Daz 3D Library>Figures>DAZ People.

TheWickedJuggy ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 6:09 AM

I'm used to MAC just opening the zip folder and dragging the specific files into a folder I labeled for clothing or people etc After that i would go into DAZ3D and look for content library and from their add stuff from the content directory manager into Daz Studio formats. Is their a way like that on windows 10? I'm not new to DAZ3D, its just adding stuff seems to be much different on windows then MAC. Any help will be great, i did try the one link above but it didn't give me the info i was looking for.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 3:09 PM

TheWickedJuggy posted at 3:06PM Sun, 22 November 2020 - #4405477

I'm used to MAC just opening the zip folder and dragging the specific files into a folder I labeled for clothing or people etc After that i would go into DAZ3D and look for content library and from their add stuff from the content directory manager into Daz Studio formats. Is their a way like that on windows 10? I'm not new to DAZ3D, its just adding stuff seems to be much different on windows then MAC. Any help will be great, i did try the one link above but it didn't give me the info i was looking for.

So you ended up with a content directory for each product? You can certainly do that - just open the zip and drag-and-drop, either to a new window showing the destination (shift-click the file browser icon to open a second window) or dragging into the folder in the tree down the left side of the file browser window. In Windows you can also drag the data, Runtime, and other folders from the zip into the actual content directory you are using and Windows will ask if you want to merge them, which will save having a separate directory for each product.

Prof_Null ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2021 at 9:32 PM · edited Wed, 06 January 2021 at 9:33 PM

Here is what I have at the moment:

: DAZ 3D > lots of things including Studio and Runtime (this one seems to be only DAZ origin content) : Inside Studio > More bits and My Library : Inside My Library > Most of the content and another Runtime : Inside that Runtime > All of the usual Poser folders – Geometries, Textures, Libraries etc.

So I have three Runtime folders and a whole lot of other stuff.
I was hoping that maybe I could sort this all into one folder.

Then there is all of the odd junk that has accumulated in these folders: for example, in the “My Library” folder is a “My Daz Connect Library”. Can I move it to the DAZ 3D folder?

Yes, I know that when I move things around I need to get DAZ to scan the directories and find everything again and I know how to change the directories it looks in.

I really want to sort all of this stuff into some sense of order and I am hoping that someone somewhere had a system or an app or a set of rules to follow so that I can clean this up and cut down on a lot of junk files and folders so my 760 GB content library can be trimmed down before I pile more into it.

I'm not optomistic about this, but I thought I would ask anyway. Guess I will have to manually go through everything and sort it by hand.

Glad to see this forum is active! Thanks for reading folks, and my question is still open . . . . .

Passion3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 5:57 AM · edited Thu, 07 January 2021 at 6:00 AM

Installing/uninstalling assets is very convenient with Daz Install Manager. But Renderosity does not support DIM format. I found, a long time ago, this little tool written in python. It will allow you to convert the Renderosity archive into a DIM archive that you can install/uninstall more easily ;) If the author recognizes himself, I hope he won't mind sharing this very useful tool. Run the program without parameters to know the syntax. Written in python, it can be used under Linux/Mac/Windows

https://workupload.com/file/UubceHwytvR

Store | DeviantArt | 

Poser 12, DazStudio 4.21, Blender 2.83 - LinuxMint 21 - Ryzen 5 RAM 16G, GTX 1650 VRAM 4G 

c567591 ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2021 at 9:47 AM
Passion3D posted at 5:57 AM Thu, 7 January 2021 - #4409605

Installing/uninstalling assets is very convenient with Daz Install Manager. But Renderosity does not support DIM format. I found, a long time ago, this little tool written in python. It will allow you to convert the Renderosity archive into a DIM archive that you can install/uninstall more easily ;) If the author recognizes himself, I hope he won't mind sharing this very useful tool. Run the program without parameters to know the syntax. Written in python, it can be used under Linux/Mac/Windows

https://workupload.com/file/UubceHwytvR

That link is dead, can you re-provide it?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.