Mon, Oct 7, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 6:55 am)

Subject: No parameters.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 10:51 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:11 AM

Any idea what would cause my genesis/2 figures to start loading with no parameters? Like they were deleted from the figures.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 11:11 AM

OOOOk, where do I download Studio as it seems unavailable at DAZ now.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2021 at 7:31 AM

I fixed it. If anyone else has this issue, good luck with it. Apparently there is no help to be found here.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2021 at 3:02 PM

I hate studio. Now autofit has quit working and I get this crap "It looks like you are trying to access a page that doesn’t exist or is no longer active.

You can check out our shop page to see our daily promotions and offers."

This is the way Studio has always worked for me, and why do my damnest to not use it. Every other month it's this reinstall song and dance because something quit working, and from then on it's a spiral till I end up uninstalling and reinstalling every thing to get Studio to work for a another month, maybe.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2021 at 3:37 PM

I have no idea what the issue with the parameter sliders could have been, but AutoFit does depend on the Content Management System. Getting an error relating to a web page, however, is weird - at what point did that come up?

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2021 at 4:14 PM

After I reinstall studio to get my parameters back; was the last build of Studio I downloaded months ago. Got it fix now but oh my lord.... Autofit quit working in carrara so I had to install DAZ central to reinstall studio, which fixed the issues for the moment. But when I was working a lot with studio to carrara it seemed every other month I had to uninstall and reinstall Studio.

Think it all started when I tried to use the Queens of the Savannah - HD Faces and Morphs I got the other day.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2021 at 4:38 PM

I can't see how a morph set would affect AutoFit, though there have been a couple of characters that have usurped the compatibility base - so that things compatible with Genesis 8 whichever appear only when the specific character is selected - and something like that might very well interfere with AutoFit; if that was the issue then it shouldn't required a full reinstall, just the base Starter Essentials (and it would also have affected only one figure, not everything).

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2021 at 9:40 PM · edited Fri, 19 March 2021 at 9:40 PM

No it was the reinstall of the few months old version of Studio that screwed up the auto fit.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2021 at 7:56 AM · edited Tue, 23 March 2021 at 8:02 AM

Yesterday I bought the legacy shapes for G2 so the clothing converting could mangle some pretty Laura dresses. Worked yesterday, not today though. Reinstalling them doesn't fix it.

Oh look, DAZ wants me to log in to DAZ central to use Studio. Naa I don't mind big brother DAZ spying on everything I do on my comp. I hate DAZ.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 23 March 2021 at 10:31 AM · edited Tue, 23 March 2021 at 10:33 AM

Daz Central doesn't spy - it needs to log in to your account (as Install Manager* and Daz Connect do) to see what you are allowed to download, it doesn't report back on anything.

• Install manager can also work on directly downloaded zips without being online, and Daz Connect has an offline installer option once it has been used to log in to your account

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2021 at 1:25 PM

Well you know DAZ has never understood K.I.S.S ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.