Mon, Sep 9, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: HD characters

lindans ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 4:05 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 2:57 PM

Hi all, I have seen some fabulous renders of highly detailed portraits in Daz Studio, but how do you get to that point, I've played around with Sub D levels to not much effect. Is there anything else that needs adjusting? Thanks in advance

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 4:46 AM · edited Sun, 11 April 2021 at 4:49 AM

There are a lot of things you can do. I never use HD. I make my own stuff and use normal maps and displacement maps. Also a lot of what yiu see is shader work and good light sources. Material settings can break or make your render.02b1af50dd1fdf7edc02465df0a05c.jpg.1a94861a58630a78819d8d5d66cdc294.jpg

Shaders and lights are paramount. This character isn't even done but looks good already. And no HD.

oldingr ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 9:48 AM

Yes lighting is what makes or breaks a great scene. If you can purchase one of Fabiana's Theory of light sets you will be amazed by what they can do to a human figure in a render. While it's not perfect for large scale scene renders they are perhaps one of the best light sets for figure based renders. You can get these on Rendo, Just search for Theory of Light in the market place.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 9:44 PM

I add Hd to my characters as this goes beyond normal maps and bump maps, bumps dont change the surface, and normal map add a nice skin/pores etc but hd can add more definition and wear to the skin, i tend to use all the tools in my basket, from bump, normal, displacement and Hd with a SubD set to 4. oh and to anyone reading this..... as i didn't know and it's hard to find any info, but you can use the HD morphs from characters in the Daz store on your own skins.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 9:36 AM

yes you can, but you cant use HD outside daz. I can sculpt a lot of detail, ribs etc into the normal map or displacement map. It is not hard only time consuming.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 13 May 2021 at 9:12 PM

@shedofjoy thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that. Is it mainly adding in pores and stuff. Could you show some images of before and after. I haven't bothered with hd much so far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.