Mon, Sep 23, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:56 am)

Subject: Poser 11 may require manual install on Win10 machines

richard2015 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 8:53 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 7:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

I upgraded to Poser 11 Pro this morning on my Win10 notebook and it is working fine but watch out, because the Smith Micro Download Manager did not install all the files for me. It installed the main app, Poser 11, but then did not recognize it as being installed so the other files were listed as "waiting" until Poser 11 was installed -- which it already was. I always put my Runtime on an external drive, so maybe this bug doesn't happen if you are accepting the default location for content files.

If this happens to you, just download all of the files through the Smith Micro Download Manager, then keep the Manager open -- don't close out of it -- and go to the downloads folder where those installers are now located: C:UsersyourusernameSmithMicroDLMDownloadsreleasePoser11contentwin. You will see the .exe files for each of the installers there.

Make sure that your Poser 11 software is actually working before you use the installers. You do this by starting it up and filling in the info required at the initial startup of the app... they will ask you for the Serial Number again. Once you see that the software is working, close it and concentrate on the installers.

Begin by double-clicking on the PoserSupport.exe file. This is always required before installing the rest of the content. You will go through the usual installation windows for a new app.

When it's installed, then double-click on each of the other .exe files in any order.

Happy Rendering!

richard2015 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 9:06 AM

Footnote on DSON: I manually downloaded and installed the DSON Importer for Poser and it works with Poser 11, thank goodness. We don't have to wait for them to code up a new one. Be sure that you also manually install the Genesis Starter Pack and the Genesis 2 Starter Pack files.

Once you add your DAZ Library to the Poser 11 library, you should be able to load figures directly from DAZ Land into Poser World.

You may have to click the little refresh icon at the bottom of the Poser 11 library pane to get any libraries at all to show up. It was completely blank for me at first.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for sharing your tip. I want to mention for other readers that I installed PP11 on my Windows 10 machine with no issues, going entirely through the DownLoad Manager only.

Eternal Hobbyist

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 10:36 AM

infinity10 posted at 10:35AM Wed, 18 November 2015 - #4239320

Thanks for sharing your tip. I want to mention for other readers that I installed PP11 on my Windows 10 machine with no issues, going entirely through the DownLoad Manager only.

Same here.

janou ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 9:17 AM

Hello, J'ai Poser 11 et n'arrive pas à installer mes achats de Daz au départ d'Install Manager. Je trouve ça d'un compliqué. Si quelqu'un peut m'aider soit via Install Manager soit manuellement. Mais là encore les noms de fichiers ne correspondent pas à ceux repris dans le programme Poser. Merci

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 9:55 AM

This thread might help:

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2943911

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.