Mon, Jul 8, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: PP2014 Content Library alternatives now that flash is dead

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 9:02 PM · edited Sun, 07 July 2024 at 10:50 PM
Online Now!

(This is a follow on from Subject: Since there's no forum for pre-Poser 11 versions I'll ask here...)

I'm now getting this when I open PP2014:..

file_1c9ac0159c94d8d0cbedc973445af2da.jpg

...because (I believe) Flash is now dead.

One alternative is to edit the Poser.ini file to use the built-in non-flash library (details in that other thread).

Another is to use a third party content library. Ideally a free one. Does anybody use P3DO Free from Senosoft ? Or have any other suggestions ?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 9:57 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/xl---content-library-for-poser/88878 was recommended by someone. I've never used it so I can't say anything about it. There is a thread here that might have more suggestions

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 10:15 PM

If you don't mind having a free, undocked library then that is the way to go. It works well if you have a multi-monitor system, otherwise, you may want to use an alternative. But it will be similar to having the undocked library.

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 11:16 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2021 at 11:22 PM

Here's my PP-2014 UI:

KnownSpace-1.JPG

And my "Flash-less" Air - library:

KnownSpace-2.JPG

I'm using the floating AIR library since literally forever. Really couldn't imagine working with anything else.

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 11:29 PM · edited Sun, 23 May 2021 at 11:30 PM

BTW, I could remember wrong, but wasn't there a problem saving certain files with those 3rd party librarys?

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 3:03 AM

BTW, I could remember wrong, but wasn't there a problem saving certain files with those 3rd party librarys? Hi noxiart, this is a question I have been windering too. I recently did comparision tests of my P3DO and Poser. There were minor differences in the end files. I mean they were not identical but the differences where only related to non Figure data (like the documentation node if I recall). So I would say there is no problem. It would be true with other utilities since we are using PoserPython APi calls. The comparision is more on the abilities that those tools offer. For example with P3DO you can't select the materials for a material or save a partial pose. But I much prefer saving with P3DO. Takes far less time to save my poses than saving with Poser and more reliable (and don't have empty poses like I frequently have with Poser).

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 4:01 AM · edited Tue, 25 May 2021 at 4:02 AM

Based on my own experience of using both I can make an honest comparision of the 2 save actions.
For all the rest: navigation, opening, and so forth I only use P3DO, except to replace Figures which you can't do with P3DO.

pros

• saving poses with no morph is easier
  • faster on saving - don't have to click on several dialogs to save your asset
  • refreshes faster (have to hit F5)
  • faster to navigate and save in various libraries
  • alternatively you may save anywhere

cons
  • less options than saving with Poser
  • no partial poses
  • can't select list of materials
  • figures are saved with parented figures
  • can't save more than one prop
  • you have to hit F5 to refresh
  • it is a bit difficult to figure out how to save in Poser from an external software. Something you have to do a number of times to get accustomed with

I am still using both, but I am using P3DO save more and more and Poser only when I need a missing options.
    I plan to add those missing options in the future. The reason they are not there is because the Python API is not providing them. Up to now there was no real need since the Poser Library Palette was there to assist :)

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Septos ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 8:24 AM · edited Tue, 25 May 2021 at 8:25 AM

It would be important having an Extension when, if , using an external library that is taking access to the

>AppData>Roaming>Poser??>Nr.??>LibraryPrefs.xml file

giving the option in that document to add and remove runtimes into the specific Poser versions

by changing the lines after the <LibraryPreferences in the txt any external runtime could be added through a specific external Library application.

It also can be done manually but for most it is difficult to understand how the lines need to be added.

Septos ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 8:45 AM · edited Tue, 25 May 2021 at 8:48 AM

SW Library Manager 2 is one of the best addition to any previous poser, a high end solution that gives the basic features of the integrated library and a huge load of additional features. it does not have the option to add a external runtime . guess SW forgot to add this into the Library manager options.

It might not work in Poser 11.2 up due the changes made on Pyton by bondware

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 6:01 PM

Python did not absolutely change until Poser 12, all script written before then still works in P11 with the exception of a handful of applications. Most of those were corrected with AVfix.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2021 at 11:09 PM

Offline installers for old versions of Flash are available at archive.org. I don't know whether they could be used to restore functionality for Poser's purposes, but I know they are used that way for various other problems.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.