Sun, Oct 6, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 10:48 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Semi Annual Sale 50%

SpaceBuckaroo ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2021 at 1:28 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:27 PM

Hi, What are the limitations of the 2021 SEMI-ANNUAL SALE?

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 29 June 2021 at 5:20 AM
Site Admin

You can find all usual exceptions at the sale article at top of DEALS page.. :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

trendmaster ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 5:20 AM

Normally I don't write a lot here at Rendo, but at least I read everything from start to finish and even though there seems not to be a lot of activities here, I have to leave a comment because of these rediculous 50% off sales for quite some time.

I'm sorry that I don't estimate these 50% off sales but here is why,

Rendo advertise the semi annual sales as follows: All your favorite vendors at an incredible 50% off everything!

**What is incredible at 50% off? ** During the past few months I see nothing than these very boring sales at a so-called "incredible" 50% off.

I simply don't buy at an incredible low 50% off, because this is simply too pricey!

I'm here at Renderosity since 2008 and I purchased thousands of products (nearly 5300 items) from Rendo and additional twice as much from Daz and other stores. In the past there were days I spent more than $2'000 on a single day here at Rendo. Those times are long gone, especially since the business management and the sales strategy drastically changed a few years ago. I stopped buying a lot of things when the $3.50 sells were dropped and things at Rendo became very expensive for no good reason and furthermore I didn't like the new webshop since then from a technical point of view. e.g. the navigation, no scrolling, page per page etc.

E.g. my requirements in order that I'm willing to buy something from the Renderosity store, a discount has to be 70% off in minimum and I buy exclusively from my wishlist and completely fade out all the other advertisments, offers etc.

The sales are basic marketing. They create a sense of urgency as the sale price is for only so long, but I don't care these kind of marketing strategy and I depend on nothing and can wait. A Prime Membership or 50% off is no option for me anymore, because I need thousands of products for movie projects and I'm not able to afford high-priced products. The Prime Membership is useless and make the products even more expensive, no corresponding countervalue! Every customer has his own requirements and perceptions what is a reasonable price for a product. I dumped hundreds of products from my wishlist already because of this and these are all lost sales for the PA's sadly.

I'm sure they lost a lot of money on these grounds and they don’t seem to even check why, it really seems like the business management just don’t care or hasn't a clue.

Unfortunatly a single customer can't pay the hard work from the PA's that goes into their products, that's the dilemma, only the mass of customers is able to pay their work. Under normal circumstances the price tag fits to the needs of the customers and so the PA's have their hard work paid. If I get a suitable discount I would be able to buy my wishlist all at once and once the wishlist is empty I'm interested to get more products, this is how business works, but if the price tag remains expensive over a long period, I buy probably nothing at all and my wishlist remains full, that's the dilemma of a customer. To make real changes as a consumer, people have to speak with with their wallets. That is all any company understands now days.

...and last but not least, I'm sorry if that hurts someone, but I don't care if PA's or Rendo can make a living from selling their products, since no PA or Rendo would ever care about if I can make a living as well. That's business and so called reality and not virtuality, but from an artists perspective other reasons may be more important.

Thank you for reading my comment.

-renapd- ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 9:52 AM
Site Admin

I'm sorry you feel that way but to expect 70% off more often is a bit too much I think.. especially if you compare prices to other 3D stores for similar items!

Rendo is still a lot cheaper that its competitor on all aspects, offering same -sometimes even higher- quality at normal and not outrageous prices! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

trendmaster ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 10:48 AM

-renapd- posted at 10:18AM Wed, 30 June 2021 - #4422265

I'm sorry you feel that way but to expect 70% off more often is a bit too much I think.. especially if you compare prices to other 3D stores for similar items!

Rendo is still a lot cheaper that its competitor on all aspects, offering same -sometimes even higher- quality at normal and not outrageous prices! :)

I agree in some ways, since the quality is comparable or sometimes even better than in the other store, but I don't think that Rendo is a lot cheaper, I buy a lot of items for $1.99 or even less and with an acceptable quality and if I compare my personal database from both stores and the thousands of products I already purchased over the past years, I'm sorry to say but Rendo is on average more pricey. But this means nothing to me, sometimes in rare cases I'm willing to buy for 60% or even 50% as well, e.g. if a product was very hard to model or the texturing was very complex or there are other good reasons, in these cases a higher price is justifiable, all depends on what I get for the money of course, there is no golden rule.

...but, thank you for your response, I appreciated that very much!

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 10:56 AM

Sorry to say this, but if you compare sale prices between Rendo and Daz, especially for older products, it's no contest. With a little patience, a dollar goes a lot further on the other site. TBH, I look at Rendo as sort of a boutique. I shop here because I like the work some of the vendors are doing. But I also think sale pricing was more enticing a couple years ago - more, better, and more interesting sales. When was the last time you had any sort of discount on your Prime membership?

Many times, I'd like to spend some money here, but I can't justify it because the prices there say, "Buy from us," and prices here say, "I can wait." I don't like it, but that's how it goes. And we're talking about older products, anyway. Then add in all the times a coupon is not accepted for the products I want to buy. I also have a large wishlist that's moving very slowly. I bought an item today because I know I can use it, but I also know the item was overpriced compared to what I could have bought Over There.

I don't expect you to match them, but I have to agree with Trendmaster. It doesn't seem like you guys are trying that hard. :(

trendmaster ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 11:34 AM

I think Torquinox did put it in a nutshell, there is no real competition between 3d stores, on the other hand the so-called competition is a strange wording in an artistic world.

SpaceBuckaroo ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 7:35 PM

I just wanted to buy Poser 11, and it's not marked down 50%. I own an older version of Poser, and I can't use Poser 12 since it does not support Mojave.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 June 2021 at 9:36 PM · edited Wed, 30 June 2021 at 9:37 PM

SpaceBuckaroo posted at 9:32PM Wed, 30 June 2021 - #4422282

I just wanted to buy Poser 11, and it's not marked down 50%. I own an older version of Poser, and I can't use Poser 12 since it does not support Mojave.

There's a statement on the page that announces the sale that states as follows:

"IMPORTANT NOTE:

Everything will be marked down by 50% with the exception of: software, extended license products, Prime Membership, Gift Certificates and store services."

I added the emphasis in that statement.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.