Fri, Oct 4, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Another question, simple, I hope.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 6:06 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

How do you clear the lights, in Poser 12 every time I select a light set it adds it to what is already there. It always replaced the previous set with the new one before. How can I get rid of them without deleting them one at a time, and how can I get it to replace what's already there as it did before.

By the time I realized what was happening, I had 17 lights on!

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 6:39 PM

From what I just tested a few seconds ago: instead of double-clicking on a light set, select it in the library window and then click on the single "V". If you hover this symble, it displays a message stating that it will replace.

Furthermore, in the menu Scripts > Utility, you will find "deleteLights". It's a scripts that will remove them all in one shot.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 9:48 PM
Online Now!

This was a feature that was incorrectly set up in previous versions of Poser and has been 'corrected' now. The instructions have been outlined in the previous post.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:06 AM

Thanks, it's been kind of a pain having to delete them on at a time. I had to do 23 of them yesterday.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:43 AM

Oh by the way, most of the time, I'm parenting my lights using Poser's Group object. That way, if I want to remove only some, I delete the group using Poser's "Object > Delete object" menu entry.

Furthermore, I've even saved in my "Lights" runtime, a few props containnig each a group with a few parented lights. That way, I can load some predefined setups quite fast.

2021-08-06_17h40_03.png

For exemple: "Pose lights" is a group containg three infinite lights, each diffusing... no light, and no shadows ("Shadows" ubchecked)

2021-08-06_17h42_16.png

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 10:56 AM
Online Now!

That's an ingenious way of organizing light presets. I have a runtime dedicated to lights only that is very underutilized. I should revisit it and do something constructive with it. You could also create specific folders under the favorites tab for your most favorite or utilized set-ups. The best part of this arrangement is that you can access it from any runtime in your library and can be easily transferred or copied to a new version of Poser.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 4:43 PM

Thanks, I'll go through this with Poser open and figure it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.