Mon, Sep 23, 3:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Jillian For Genesis 8 Females by 3DLoki Missing Files

BleuPrintz ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 12:34 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 3:25 AM

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/jillian-for-genesis-8-females/150078/ I just installed the product and loaded it up in Daz and its telling me that its missing a file: 3DLokiJillianG8F.jpg

and the file it references is: data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/uv sets/dimensiontheory/project eyeray/project eyeray uvs - g8f.dsf I'm surprised that this wasn't discovered before being uploaded to the store. Any chance on getting this corrected?

BleuPrintz ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 12:37 AM

I forgot to mention, in case it wasn't obvious, its the textures for the eyes, which do appear to be in the character's texture file, but somehow that missing .dsf is screwing it up.

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 10:35 AM

It was built using alternate UVs for the eyes. It should of had a warning that you would need the product the error is referencing.

donnena ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 1:27 PM

I'll talk to the vendor and get this repaired.
I'm very sorry you did not receive and error free item.
Kind regards
Andy
RMP QA Lead.

;>

Andy!

3DLoki ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 2:41 PM

First of all, Very sorry this happened in the first place, we are working to get this fixed ASAP. Also check your PM's here on the site, as I sent you the fix for it last night so you did not have to wait for it to be added to the official downloads for the product.

BleuPrintz posted at 2:35PM Sat, 28 August 2021 - #4426170

I forgot to mention, in case it wasn't obvious, its the textures for the eyes, which do appear to be in the character's texture file, but somehow that missing .dsf is screwing it up.

BleuPrintz ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 6:54 PM

jestmart posted at 6:21PM Sat, 28 August 2021 - #4426198

It was built using alternate UVs for the eyes. It should of had a warning that you would need the product the error is referencing.

I don't think needing an additional product was the issue. The reference is being made to a component(the UV map) I'm assuming is part of a merchant resource product made by DimensionTheory as a Daz Original iirc, which requires the UV map/appropriate .dsf to be included in products using those texture resources. So no need for us to buy a whole separate product.

Yeah, I went from thinking that the textures were missing to it being that the wrong textures were uploaded into the zip file. I didn't realize they used a completely different UV map for the eye surfaces until I loaded eye textures from a different character and tried to manually apply Jillian's eye textures. I'm just glad it was corrected so fast. Thank you! In the past I've had to wait a month or longer(if I was lucky). There's still products out there from other vendors that have messed up geometry morphs or textures.

There's one other issue, and I'm not sure how important it is, but I noticed there are seams/mismatches when using the G8F anatomical elements & Jillian's genital textures. This can be remedied by using the torso texture on the anatomical elements and switching the UV map in the surface settings, but the central part of it will not line up enough with the geometry of the central orifice, so it won't work well for anyone doing nude renders that expose this region.

3DLoki ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 7:12 PM

Glad the first issue ended up being a fast fix :) As for the second issue... you got mail again lol

-Loki

BleuPrintz posted at 7:11PM Sat, 28 August 2021 - #4426231

jestmart posted at 6:21PM Sat, 28 August 2021 - #4426198

I don't think needing an additional product was the issue. The reference is being made to a component(the UV map) I'm assuming is part of a merchant resource product made by DimensionTheory as a Daz Original iirc, which requires the UV map/appropriate .dsf to be included in products using those texture resources. So no need for us to buy a whole separate product.

Yeah, I went from thinking that the textures were missing to it being that the wrong textures were uploaded into the zip file. I didn't realize they used a completely different UV map for the eye surfaces until I loaded eye textures from a different character and tried to manually apply Jillian's eye textures. I'm just glad it was corrected so fast. Thank you! In the past I've had to wait a month or longer(if I was lucky). There's still products out there from other vendors that have messed up geometry morphs or textures.

There's one other issue, and I'm not sure how important it is, but I noticed there are seams/mismatches when using the G8F anatomical elements & Jillian's genital textures. This can be remedied by using the torso texture on the anatomical elements and switching the UV map in the surface settings, but the central part of it will not line up enough with the geometry of the central orifice, so it won't work well for anyone doing nude renders that expose this region.

BleuPrintz ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 9:44 PM

Yeah, I'm not going to return the product since the eye texture problem is fixed, and the problem with the gens/torso texture seams can be remedied by just using the torso texture and/or not using the geograph since its not critical for my renders. Well, that's 2 products checked, tested, and cleared, now I just have 5 more to go, lol. One of them will be another first time HDRI for me called Theory of Light Energy Flow. =)

goofygrape ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 10:44 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 August 2021 at 10:47 PM

This UV Set is for the Genesis 3 Base Female. Freebie name: (Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements)

1. Load the Genitalia onto Genesis 3 Female.

2. Apply the same Shader as the Torso Surface for G3F onto the Genitalia.( Usually, this will be the AoA_Subsurface Shader which can be found in the DAZ folders at Shaders > Age of Armour > Subsurface). not for G8f that is old school.

3. Copy the Torso surface for G3F by right-clicking it in the Surfaces tab and then paste it onto the Genitalia surface.

4. Change the UV Set for the Genitalia to "Base Female Torso UVs".(this product works with G8f also) I think Sharecg? just try this process it should work ok I've used it a lot when it calls for nudes.;)

BleuPrintz ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 1:05 AM

goofygrape posted at 12:40AM Sun, 29 August 2021 - #4426244

This UV Set is for the Genesis 3 Base Female. Freebie name: (Torso UVs for G3F Anatomical Elements)

1. Load the Genitalia onto Genesis 3 Female.

2. Apply the same Shader as the Torso Surface for G3F onto the Genitalia.( Usually, this will be the AoA_Subsurface Shader which can be found in the DAZ folders at Shaders > Age of Armour > Subsurface). not for G8f that is old school.

3. Copy the Torso surface for G3F by right-clicking it in the Surfaces tab and then paste it onto the Genitalia surface.

4. Change the UV Set for the Genitalia to "Base Female Torso UVs".(this product works with G8f also) I think Sharecg? just try this process it should work ok I've used it a lot when it calls for nudes.;)

I think that's basically the same thing that I said in one of my posts above. Female characters that have the gens painted on the torso texture can technically work on the geograph, but sometimes it doesn't simply due to how far off center that "split" in the middle may end up because of the geometry there depending on how far off center the painted gens are on the torso texture, which could end up looking bad with the normal & bump maps. If I really needed genitals to work for a particular skin, I could probably just ghetto mod it with a geoshell & cut-out opacity maps since I don't need them to "function" or anything like that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.