Tue, Oct 1, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 9:30 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Poser 11 lights

fldrummerman ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 12:50 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:40 PM

I had Poser 10 and the lights worked just fine. I could create a perfectly round yellow light that cast a very well defined shadow without rendering. In Poser 11, I can't get anything but a strangly shaped light that will not cast a shadow. What am I doing wrong????

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 12:57 PM
Online Now!

What are your shaders in P10?  Are you using the same for P11?  This is assuming that you are still using Firefly.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 08 October 2021 at 1:50 PM
Site Admin

Poser 11 also switched from a flat ground plane to a domed construct. That might be causing issues.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2021 at 7:51 AM

undefined posted at 12:50 PM Fri, 8 October 2021 - #2966064

I could create a perfectly round yellow light that cast a very well defined shadow without rendering. In Poser 11, I can't get anything but a strangly shaped light that will not cast a shadow. What am I doing wrong????

It would help a lot if you showed what you're doing. Since you didn't, I would say there are an infinite number of things you did wrong.

My guess? You're not in OpenGL display mode, but rather in SreeD?

92ekCEr24axM5VaTlKLYyIifHKCSZEODUV97T1s7.png

4zkNaKF7FakqoVWESIYwQAsfQ6PKqAae1ro5HBZn.png

Right click on the preview window and check.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2021 at 7:58 AM

2nd guess? You have shadows turned off on your light.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 18 November 2021 at 7:58 AM

3rd guess? Your light is set to Diffuse IBL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.