Tue, Oct 1, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2016 at 9:09 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:34 PM
Online Now!

Ever since I switched over to P11, whenever it is open I always have three instances of Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application running when I look in my task manager. Each instance ranges from 6,000 K to 122,000 K memory, and I fear they are making it impossible for me to render a decent quality and size render on my poor laptop. I ended the process once of the highest one and my library side bar disappeared, I ended up having to reboot my system to get library back.

What the heck is Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application and what can I do about this memory hog???

I am attaching screen shots of task manager and my system information.

Thank you for the assistance.

~Jamie

CEF.jpg

SystemInfo.jpg

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuffย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2016 at 11:04 PM

Your system has become infested with google chrome browsing application. You haves to dig it out (it is very stubborn!) and maybe go into registry also. Also watch out because unrelated applications will try to sneak it in when you update them.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 7:57 AM

Scratch that. You're not infested with anything. You're looking at the components that implement the Poser library. It is an HTML 5 application and is hosted by an embedded browser. That's why it has the word embedded in it - it's an integral part of Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 3:20 PM
Online Now!

Ohhh ok. So, it is not a process that can be ended.

Guess, for the time being I just render smaller than usual until I can get a better machine.

Thank you for the assistance!

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 3:36 PM

SpookieLilOne posted at 4:36PM Mon, 08 August 2016 - #4279194

Guess, for the time being I just render smaller than usual until I can get a better machine.

Really? My choice would be to terminate FireFox, Skype, and Photoshop, giving you back well over a gigabyte.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 4:07 PM
Online Now!

Bagginsbill.

I always terminate those before I begin rendering. :)

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

CyberDream ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 8:27 PM

I got rid of Chrome browser because it interfered with some other graphic apps. The cefclient.exe process does not appear when I run PP11.

Does it only appear if Poser is configured with certain options?

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 9:12 PM
Online Now!

I don't even use nor have Chrome browser installed on my laptop.

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

CyberDream ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 10:52 PM

SpookieLilOne posted at 8:52PM Mon, 08 August 2016 - #4279233

I don't even use nor have Chrome browser installed on my laptop.

You might do a search (include hidden and system files) for "cefclient.exe" and find which folder it resides. I have no such file on my system, so I don't think it is part of Poser.

Sometimes other application install chrome libraries because it's cheaper than developing a custom windowing/browsing function. Nothing wrong with that, it make good business sense. Countless apps use IE library functions for same reason.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 11:04 PM
Online Now!

Thinking Bagginsbill might be right.

Did a search and here it is, installed at same time in same folder as Poser11.

Think will just leave it be...

cef.jpg

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

CyberDream ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 12:44 AM

I really don't know what to say. I do not have that file on my system and Poser seems to run fine.

Maybe the version I have (11.0.2.31562) was compiled with chrome library object code and doesn't appear as separate process. Possibly it calls the Windows Host process and appears among the dozen or so "svchost.exe" listings that appear with the Task Manager.

I don't use Poser that often and have no idea of the impact that the presence or absence of a "cefclient" makes.

My purpose in uninstalling chrome was to fix a problem with the Corona Renderer in 3DS Max 2017.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 6:30 AM

CD You're on an old version.

I don't know this for sure as I've not spoken to SM folk in a while, but so many people whine and complain about the embedded IE browser in the library UI that it appears they are switching to the embedded chrome browser. I am on SR5, you are on SR2. So your situation is old and your data is not helpful.

ypvs ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 9:32 AM ยท edited Wed, 10 August 2016 at 9:33 AM

I assume you're already rendering as a separate process?

Also have a search for BCDEDIT and INCREASEUSERVA 3072 to maximise RAM availability for apps in Windows 7 32 bit

http://www.araxis.com/merge/documentation-windows/enabling-3gb-ram-on-32-bit-windows.en

Poserย 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,ย  16Gb RAM,ย 250Gb +ย 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 10:26 AM

Now that you've made me aware of this new implementation of the library, I see what a memory pig it is. Really quite terrible. I opened about a dozen folders and the memory consumption increased with each one, up to around 150MB. I don't know how long it will keep growing but it could get nasty. Maybe it self-limits.

It looks like this is the result of caching the thumbnails, although that is just a guess. It's hard to imagine they take that much space.

Mikromike ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 4:34 AM

This was very informative I'm running Poser 12 on windows 11 home New Cyberpower computerย Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application popsย 

Up 7 times and it's slowing large projects down smaller or fresh new Projects work fine but older scenes-builtย Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Client Application My system wigs out from time to time.

Posted By Mikro

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 11:09 AM

I have 5 files in my Poser 11 directory that start with "cef", including cefclient.exe, but don't have this issue.

I am on Windows 10 Pro, and this puppy was just 2 years old Thanksgiving weekend, so those 2 factors may be why I'm not seeing this.

Also, I've been set up with the External Library since first getting Poser 11 (and now with Poser 12), so THAT may be the ultimate reason I'm not having this issue.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 12:56 PM

I have to say that I'm pretty much in the same config as Miss B, except that my PC is 4 years old. And I haven't seen weird effects with CEF...
The only times when it slows down really is when Windows decides to update its indexes.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 1:40 PM
Site Admin

I'm on a 10-year-old computer. I see slowdowns aplenty, but they aren't related to poser's library. And I don't use the external one.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 2:19 PM
RedPhantom posted at 1:40 PM Thu, 20 January 2022 - #4433537

I'm on a 10-year-old computer. I see slowdowns aplenty, but they aren't related to poser's library. And I don't use the external one.

10 years old? wow. I just hope that your hard disk(s) aren't that old!

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2022 at 6:24 PM
Site Admin
Y-Phil posted at 2:19 PM Thu, 20 January 2022 - #4433539
RedPhantom posted at 1:40 PM Thu, 20 January 2022 - #4433537

10 years old? wow. I just hope that your hard disk(s) aren't that old!
no, those have been replaced a few times.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2022 at 5:03 PM

Am I the only person in the Universe with nothing CEF/Chromium based on their system?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2022 at 6:01 PM

cefclient.exe is in both my Poser 11 and Poser 12 folders, but it doesn't seem to be running. I have Poser running, but that process isn't active.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2022 at 5:48 AM ยท edited Sat, 22 January 2022 at 5:49 AM

You guys are way more cef-infested than you realize. The file names change you know. Check this out:

pREtBboA2wxV4NNHsCelAU5y3m4B9bU7q2rB8ipx.png

CEF is now part of Poser and ... my antivirus Bitdefender, my IntelliJ java development tools, almost all my games, my Oculus Quest 2, and even Adobe stuff.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2022 at 11:33 AM

OK, for the heck of it, I just did a search on my system for cef.pak, and got 30 items, most of which in C:\Program Files . . . namely Acrobat Reader, Nvidia Corporation, and Norton Security.

I happen to NOT install the majority of my software in Program Files, at least those which allow me to install where I want them, and in that case, the only places I have in the list are Poser 11 and Poser 12.

I still think my using the External Library in both versions of Poser is aiding me, because I haven't been experiencing any of the issues folks have complained about in this thread.

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2022 at 12:15 PM

What I'v found online concerning that file is this: "Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF). A simple framework for embedding Chromium-based browsers in other applications."

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2022 at 1:14 PM

Somehow, that's not at all surprising.ย  I've never had that browser anywhere on my laptop, and since I'm not a fan of anything Chromium based, never would.

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.