Wed, Sep 18, 7:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Cannot renew lease

TaishoBee ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 3:01 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 7:17 PM

Hi

I was homeless for the last 3-4 months and now have an apartment. Everything I own is in a storage unit as was my laptop since I didnt want him stolen while we were on the street in negetive temps. Anyway I cant run Poser or Poser 12 due to no internet. I cant afford it period and I am writing this on my phone. I purchased both here, is there a way for me to renew the lease thing without net? Please help, My laptop is windows 10.

Poser Pro 11 (always updated to current version available) . Laptop Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz :: 16 GB Ram :: Windows 10 Pro

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:09 AM

I don't remember for Poser11, but Poser12 needs to phone home every week if I remember correctly. Which means that when it needs this, you should be able to share your mobile phone internet connection with your mobile computer, so that the computer --> the phone --> internet, just the time Poser12 needs it, then you close this double connection.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

TaishoBee ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:43 AM

I would have to use my phone as a hotspot which would raise my phone bill ☹️

Poser Pro 11 (always updated to current version available) . Laptop Specs: Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz :: 16 GB Ram :: Windows 10 Pro

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:43 AM

The "phone-home" app inside Poser 11 & 12 can be switched off permanently if you insist.

(If, for example, your workstation isn't connected to the internet at all for security reasons.)

But you need to contact Rendo customer service directly. I'm pretty sure one of the mods here can send you in the proper direction.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 6:13 AM

Hmm, seems that I spoke too early.

According to this thread, Bondware (Renderosity) took the perpetual license option away and made the "Phone home" device calling back even more frequently.

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2938693

Still, contact Bondware customer sevice directly. Maybe you can still work something out if you explain your situation.

Or go back to PP-2014, which doesn't have the "phone-home" problem.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 8:16 AM

If it's on your laptop, try going to a coffee shop or library with free internet and start Poser, and hopefully  it can get it's token to continue running.  Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 8:40 AM

Unfortunately, as others have said, Poser 11 needs to phone home every nine days or it will stop working.

This phone home requirement can't be permanently disabled, but you could try asking Support if they'll extend the time between phone-ins. I've heard they will do that, at least for some customers.

I'm not sure where you are, but here in the U.S., there are many places that offer free wi-fi. Libraries, coffee shops, grocery stores, doctor's offices, etc.

And it doesn't have to be always-on. It just needs to check in every nine days. So you wouldn't use a lot of data if you use your phone as a hot spot.

TaishoBee ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 2:43 PM

Okay well I use both 11 and 12 so I guess I just cant use it tor now, really frustrated because my wife works 2 jobs and we arent close by anywhere with free wifi.

Ill contact support and see what they can do. Thanks for the info everyone!

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2022 at 5:35 PM

@TaishoBee

Since I can't offer any good advice I'll send some good vibes and thoughts your way. I hope your situation gets better. No one should be out on the street.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2022 at 2:02 PM
Be well

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.