Sat, Sep 14, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 2:24 pm)

Subject: poser 10

mr_red ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 4:13 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 7:08 PM

so I got poser 10 a while back and after sorting out the problem with the folders not working without flash, I had it working just fine. 

Then my old computer got a bad virus and well died (nothing to do with poser) 

now i have a new computer that is better than ever but when I tried putting poser 10 on it today the key codes no longer work. 

I have not the money to buy the latest update and after spending out for poser 10 I don't belive i should, I paid for a product and it should work.

IS their anything I can do about this situation?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 4:24 PM

Not you will be able to use your Poser10 as is, simply because the old license server has been shut down in-between. but if you still have the hard disk, you may compare the content poser10's folder (where the executable lies). There probably is a file that is a kind of key, except if the key was hidden in the registry.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 4:27 PM

Oh and just in case: poser11 is $99.99 now

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

mr_red ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 6:04 PM

thanks but that's not much help, my new pc dont have a disk drive so it looks like this is a dead issue. thanks anyway.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 6:27 PM
mr_red posted at 6:04 PM Sat, 26 March 2022 - #4436423

thanks but that's not much help, my new pc dont have a disk drive so it looks like this is a dead issue. thanks anyway.

An external usb disc player/writer is dirt cheap.

Poser 11 can be downloaded directly to your machine.

mr_red ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 2:05 AM
primorge posted at 6:27 PM Sat, 26 March 2022 - #4436424
mr_red posted at 6:04 PM Sat, 26 March 2022 - #4436423

An external usb disc player/writer is dirt cheap.

Poser 11 can be downloaded directly to your machine.

I simplay dont have the money right now for extras. besides why should I buy poser 11? I had already paid for poser ten and before that I have supported poser since poser 7 so in my book when you buy a product it should work when you want it digital or not. when your car company brings out a new car they dont show up at your house to take the old one and expect you to go buy a new car. people who buy these products should have updates given to them after all we continue to syupport the company buying new support products . 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 7:39 AM
Site Admin

Contact support and see if they can help. poser pro game dev and poser 11 and 11 pro were updated to compensate for smith micro shutting down servers. Older versions I believe should still work

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 9:34 AM · edited Sun, 27 March 2022 at 9:38 AM

Y-Phil posted at 4:24 PM Sat, 26 March 2022 - #4436411

Not you will be able to use your Poser10 as is, simply because the old license server has been shut down in-between. but if you still have the hard disk, you may compare the content poser10's folder (where the executable lies). There probably is a file that is a kind of key, except if the key was hidden in the registry.

Poser 10 does not use the license server.  There was an update to Windows 10 years ago that removed Flash, which broke Poser 10.  There was an update to both Poser 10 and PP2014 to fix this, SR4, I believe.  Unfortunately, I don't own Poser 10, so check with Bondware and see if they can provide the update.   

https://support.posersoftware.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

mr_red ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 10:49 AM

thanks for the information.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 11:18 AM
Online Now!

As WandW said Poser does not use the license server.  And there was an update to Windows that broke Poser 11 and at the time Smith Micro fixed that issue and also provided an update to Poser 10 (first time that a prior version was updated).  So check to get that update or else it won't work.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 5:12 PM

If all else fails, external drives are dirt cheap.  I reinstalled Win 10 on my wife's laptop recently, so I know this at first hand.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.