Fri, Oct 4, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser Dev Team is Hiring

tim ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2022 at 4:22 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:30 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The Poser Dev Team is hiring.  Are you the one?

https://www.creativeheads.net/job/22217/lead-developer-in-murfreesboro

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 3:27 AM

Their advertisement sounds kind of desperate.
Good luck, they are in need of the best, in order to bring that old stranded boot back into the open sea.

tim ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 at 7:37 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Not sure "desperate" is the best adjective here, but we're certainly "serious" about adding a strong team member that can help us advance the software more quickly. 

Thanks for the kind wishes.

rtamesis ( ) posted Mon, 30 May 2022 at 1:50 PM

I hope that whoever you hire can update Poser to at least surpass Realillusion’s Character Creator 4’s features as well as its Headshot plug-in capabilities.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 2:52 AM

The whole consumer 3d figure apps have become a dead horse anyway. 
At first Poser got caught in stagnation, now DAZ Studio's has stopped progressing and only Reallusion seems to do quite well. 
-Quite well, not overall great.
The whole process of rigging, posing and animating a character had to be reconsidered.
Only weight maps and tons of JCMs are not advanced enough anymore, to create convincing characters.
Poser has dropped from the pole position into a nowhere.

The only way to "dime the boat" is to come up with some groundbreaking new.
Poser is at an all or nothing position now.
Who ever will be hired for this job, I don't want to be in his shoes.
The stakes are high,
Good luck, hoping for the best.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 6:52 AM
Online Now!

I'm tired of all these people finding it smart, well behavior or whatever by only throwing bad, negative vibes. Each forum attracts them like a magnet
This is...

Can't find any polite words...

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 7:57 AM · edited Tue, 31 May 2022 at 7:59 AM

I don't see the future as bleak as Nevertrumper. Poser's halcyon days are most certainly over, but I think there is still room for an "open access" 3D hobbyist app.

Provided that all the money and time Bondware can afford is strictly reserved for better figure meshes from now on.

Everyone who thinks that a figure like L'Femme is well suited to represent Poser should spend half an hour browsing through the DAZ marketplace. (Or the Rendo Marketplace, for that matter)

It could be so easy:

We need a set of figures based on 3d scans of real people, as it is much easier to "toon" a realistic mesh than vice versa.

We need to go back to "smart" mesh topology so we can have realistic muscle and bone detail with just a simple turn of a morph dial.

We need to finally make use of Poser's rigging tools. They are fully capeable of supporting a realistic human mesh.

I am a mere hobbyist. If I can make decade old figure like V3 bend better than Genesis 8 using these tools, imagine what a real professional could do with a truly "made for Poser" mesh?

But we won't achieve this if we just lament Daz "betrayal" and demand that everybody be "supportive" towards any poorly made figure that the powers that be throw in our way.

Poser figures are no human beings. They are our tools, just like a painter needs a brush or a sculptor needs a chissel.

I'd say 99% of Poser users can NOT make or even modify their own figures. Nor should they have to do that.

So if we want for Poser to thrive, giving them the best tools possible should be the least we should do.

As I said elsewhere, I don't have a dog in this race. I actually CAN make my own figures and I already made sure that I can use Poser 11 as long as I can use a computer.

I could sit back and just watch the show.

But I love Poser too much to just sit idly by and not speak up once in a while.

It's this sect like "THINK POSITIVE" mantra that brought us into this situation in the first place.

if we don't finally acknowledge that there IS a problem, there will never be a solution.

Good luck to whoever will be in charge of Poser.

I sure hope he will make the right decisions.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 9:38 AM

QUOTE:
"Each forum attracts them like a magnet"
Better think, why?
Every time, an honest opinion on Poser is made, the Poser religious fundamentalists go crazy.
Poser once was first and is now far behind its competitors, that is a fact.

If you don't demand for better tools, you will never get those better tools.
Poser is, where it is now, because it has mostly all those "oh so positive" people, who want all new, but nothing changed.

That's why I say, that Poser can be great again, by hiring the right great people, who will include new advanced technology into the way joint bending and facial animation is processed, and becoming a leader in that industry, or it will be got forgotten.
All or nothing, that simple.

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 31 May 2022 at 10:02 AM · edited Tue, 31 May 2022 at 10:03 AM
Nevertrumper posted at 9:38 AM Tue, 31 May 2022 - #4439355

QUOTE:
Every time, an honest opinion on Poser is made, the Poser religious fundamentalists go crazy.
Poser once was first and is now far behind its competitors, that is a fact.

If you don't demand for better tools, you will never get those better tools.
Poser is, where it is now, because it has mostly all those "oh so positive" people, who want all new, but nothing changed.

That's why I say, that Poser can be great again, by hiring the right great people, who will include new advanced technology into the way joint bending and facial animation is processed, and becoming a leader in that industry, or it will be got forgotten.
All or nothing, that simple."

THIS!

I just think the rigging and morphing tools we have are already sufficient to keep up or even surpass G8 if we really wanted, but I'm definitely not against technical progress. I LOVE the fact that the Poser 11 preview is MUCH better than the PP 2014 for example.

Or that I can now "auto-fit" joint centers to new sculpts.

I just wouldn't like having to re-learn rigging from the ground up, again. HeHe.

But, yes, drastic change is very necessary.

Holding each other hands, singing Kumbaya and pretending that everything will be fine if we just "believe" in Poser, won't change anything.

Hard work and talent will.

And $$$, of course.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 3:56 AM · edited Wed, 01 June 2022 at 8:11 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

If an out of the box Poser figure will work like this, than Poser will be back.
Female Advanced 3D Model at Render Hub

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 8:12 AM
Nevertrumper posted at 3:56 AM Wed, 1 June 2022 - #4439384

I removed the link. Links to other markets are not allowed.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 8:15 AM
Online Now!
Nevertrumper posted at 3:56 AM Wed, 1 June 2022 - #4439384

This was a splendid animation but... 999$ for this? wow looool

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:13 AM
Y-Phil posted at 8:15 AM Wed, 1 June 2022 - #4439395
This was a splendid animation but... 999$ for this? wow looool
Are you missing the point, or ignoring the point?

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 11:13 AM · edited Wed, 01 June 2022 at 11:13 AM

Nevertrumper, that was a great example.

Too bad it needed to be deleted.

But I'd already be thrilled if the next generation of native Poser figures could bend like this:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2864342

Now what have we got here:

A high resolution figure (V3 has 70k+ polygons) with a very "smart" mesh topology so she can go from little child to buxom Barbie doll to muscle clad green skinned Superhero with the flick of a dial.

The type of figure exactly what everyone claimed to be "too hard to be rigged properly" because there is "too much messy mesh".

Definitely not your fashonable  lightweight "PRO" mesh that was made from regular quads only thus needing several iterations of subdivision to display proper body detail.

And if I remember correctly, only a single JCM was used to smooth the armpit creasesa bit.

(Cloth makers hate  JCM's because they used to make cloth rigging a bit harder)

And it was all done with PP 2012 back in 2013.

(Gee, that rigger must have been a genius...Oh, wait....HeHeHe)   ;-)

Now think what can be done when we start with a figure directly derived from actual 3D scans of a human model.

Using all the knowledge about mesh topology we now have in 2022.

And instead of only one JCM, we allow perhaps a dozend.

And base them again on actual 3D scans of a posed model.

(Because of faster computers clothes these days can be mostly dynamic, anyway. So we can have as much JCM's in the rig as we want/need)

So the posed Poser figure will have the EXACT SAME shape, flesh deformations and all, as the actual posed human model.

But this would cost some $$$ to pay for the models, the scans, the retopo and the mapping.

And would need official backing because it can't be properly done by just outsourcing it to a "one man company".

This needs to be done by a team of professionals. And professionals usually like to earn money for their work.

Anyway, we'll see what the future brings. I have my own set of figures that keep me occupied, and which I'm happy with.

But I'd really would like to see Poser thrive again and take back it's #1 position.

We were here first.

We started it.

We just need one more chance.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2022 at 2:45 PM · edited Sun, 05 June 2022 at 2:50 PM

Some people won’t love Poser no matter what you do, and some people won’t stop loving Poser no matter what you do, go where the love is... what is done with love is done well. Your progress is remarkable Poser Team, all your vacation requests have been cancelled LOL! Keep up the fantastic work!!! 😄

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2022 at 5:15 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 2:45 PM Sun, 5 June 2022 - #4439580

Some people won’t love Poser no matter what you do, and some people won’t stop loving Poser no matter what you do, go where the love is... what is done with love is done well. Your progress is remarkable Poser Team, all your vacation requests have been cancelled LOL! Keep up the fantastic work!!! 😄

This makes me wonder, if we are talking about a software or a cult.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2022 at 9:09 AM · edited Mon, 06 June 2022 at 9:10 AM

So, getting back to the topic...

I noticed that the PTB is apparently expecting someone to move to Tennessee. Umm, that's an immediate no-go.

Lemme tell you what I have to deal with  as a hiring management type, when it comes to software devs and engineers...

Some advice: 

* Drop the relocation/onsite demand if you have one, or at least make it clear you will hire for hybrid/remote work. Software devs/engineers can easily expect to work 100% remote these days. A quick browse through LinkedIn or any of the job sites show a demand for software devs where the majority of  companies hiring offer 100% remote work - and half of the rest offer hybrid work environments if they're in a major tech hub (West Coast examples: Silly Valley, Portland Metro, Seattle.) If you expect a dev to come into the office every day, let alone -move- to BFE, Tennessee, just for a job? Well, I got really bad news for you, unless you're scary-lucky, or you get someone who doesn't really know what they're doing.

* Hope you're offering enough. You may want to put up a range so nobody gets their time wasted. For a decent developer that close to the metal (C/C++ is a lot closer to it than Python), expect to shell out a range of at least $180k-250k/yr DOE (it can go way higher out here on this coast - a FAANG engineer can rake in up to $320k or more DOE.) 

* May want to make a couple of changes... Change "Primary Software" to "Primary Languages", so an applicant who knows what they're doing doesn't immediately think that you don't know what you're talking about.  Try something like this:

Primary Language: C/C++
Secondary Languages: Python, Visual C++

*  XCode is an IDE, not a language, and "GPU Rendering" is a concept, not a software package. 

* UX/UI and back-end should have clear and constant communication (and a Lead should be doing that), but the phrase "Working closely with QA and other engineers to ensure a great user experience" is clunky, and leads to confusion about who has UX responsibility. Clarify that, so that you can set better expectations for the Lead (and more importantly, his team) as being Front-End, Back-End, or Full-Stack (assuming Full-Stack since you likely have a small team like DAZ does - this leads me to...)  

* Given the small shop, you're likely Full-Stack. Many devs tend to differentiate these days between front-end/UI and back-end. May want to mention the range that the lead can expect to cover.

I got other nitpicks, but I don't really want to go into the weeds (and while I'm not directly competing with you for devs since I'm in Java/React/NodeJS for the most part these days, I'm not one to pull up the kimono all the way, y'dig? ;) ) 

Good luck...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.