Sat, Sep 21, 2:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Commercial Images

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 11:39 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:49 PM

Due to the intrusive nature of promotional artist groups, Renderosity is updated their TOS to include the following; “Renderosity will no longer allow artist groups to promote products in the gallery as they have become intrusive for both vendors and gallery artists and floods the gallery taking away attention from other artists.” Please review our TOS here https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/wiki/?policies&terms to assure you understand this change.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 1:27 PM

Love this website! Thank you so much!

IAmNobodySpecial ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 3:11 PM

I approve!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2022 at 2:31 PM · edited Wed, 09 March 2022 at 2:35 PM

First page in the gallery today: 3 promos for DAZ3D, 1 DeviantArt (they started selling 3d characters? that's good to know, see... I would've never known DeviantArt sells 3D stuff if this image was somehow removed from the gallery) and 1 RenderHub... and there are more but my attention span for promos is super short. Being a regular here I got used with the promos and I already know who to skip. I understand you can't possibly catch them all but it's a big improvement... this is a BIG reduction in promo images for products sold on other competing sites.

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 1:55 PM · edited Thu, 10 March 2022 at 1:57 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 2:31 PM Wed, 9 March 2022 - #4435691

First page in the gallery today: 3 promos for DAZ3D, 1 DeviantArt (they started selling 3d characters? that's good to know, see... I would've never known DeviantArt sells 3D stuff if this image was somehow removed from the gallery) and 1 RenderHub... and there are more but my attention span for promos is super short. Being a regular here I got used with the promos and I already know who to skip. I understand you can't possibly catch them all but it's a big improvement... this is a BIG reduction in promo images for products sold on other competing sites.

The way the TOS reads artists can post their images - but the groups can't do mass uploads (and probably can't have their logos on the images).  Which is how it always should have been and how it was before.

"Renderosity will no longer allow artist groups to promote products in the gallery"

Links in the description for credit have always been allowed - even offsite, and the TOS still allows that.  Equally people have always been able to link to their own non-competitive sites or pages on other sites.  DeviantArt isn't a competitive site so an artist linking to their full portfolio shouldn't be an issue.

I'm very grateful for the lack of mass uploads from groups - thank you all for that!

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 2:25 PM
Site Admin

Links to Facebook and Deviant Art are allowed since they aren’t competing sites. And the members are allowed to post personal images, just not ones for promotional groups. We’re working with them to help them understand the changes. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 6:11 PM

I had an Image of mine removed because it had a Logo on it, which is not allowed anymore.

I reposted the image later without the Logo and later another Image without Logo and I can not find them in my Gallery.

Furthermore, I did what I was asked to do.

Can someone please explain what happened to those 2 Images?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 6:23 PM · edited Thu, 10 March 2022 at 6:24 PM
Site Admin

It helps us if we know what the names of the images are. I see Danu and Mavis in the new art gallery and your profile but not in your gallery. There might be a delay in showing up there. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 6:52 PM

Ok, thank you.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 7:27 PM

The road was paved and had a red carpet too... from Renderosity's Gallery to Daz3D's Store... I don't see that in Daz3D's Gallery, you can't even call that a gallery... what they have there, 5 or 10 new images a day... let's encourage the artists here to start posting their artwork again.

DangerMouse4Karen ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 11 March 2022 at 5:10 PM

Good Riddance. Spring cleaning, time to take the trash out!

zaqxsw ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2022 at 5:29 AM

Thank you!  I can't agree more about the intrusive nature of the promotional images... I had suggested that the TOS be changed to enforce a label their promotional images as such, but this is a much better fix!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2022 at 5:50 AM

I don't understand how Renderosity got tangled in this bullshit but I'm going to be back and lecture you some more. I can't believe you put up with this, no one is going to buy anything because of these people and their stupid images. NO ONE! 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2022 at 8:38 AM

All these promo groups are bad for business... get rid of them! Okay, I'm done telling you how to run your business. My last post in the forums... you got my word.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 5:40 PM
Online Now!

I just counted 28 images today (so far) by the same individual - all of which are essentially product photos.There is absolutely no variance in lighting or positioning, just a different 'product' in each photo. This is advertising, not art.

And gallery flooding.

The 5 per hour limit seems somewhat ineffective where it comes to things like the above. They upload 5, wait an hour, and upload another 5.

This kind of commercial nonsense really takes away from what is supposed to be an ART site, not a 'free promotional' site.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 6:26 PM
Online Now!

A little correction - there is some variance in the images, but it's still commercial.. I'll say no more about it.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2022 at 9:14 PM
Online Now!

Never mind.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2022 at 8:06 PM
Online Now!

https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3061279/esscorp-shuttle-services

Speaking of "commercial" images..... Are we allowing advertising in the galleries now?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2022 at 8:33 PM
Site Admin

no, but sometimes spammers get past us. We remove them as we find them. The one you posted has already been removed.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2022 at 3:10 PM

Let's all do promo images to get the products free.

I think it's a sign... telling me to look for a different hobby.

enigma-man ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2022 at 5:50 PM

Commercial or otherwise...

Uploading five images per hour is a bit much. One per hour for a total of five in one day is more than enough one would think. Today there are over forty images from one user and the day has six hours to go. That's pretty much flooding and spamming. I could upload 120 images a day and this would be okay?  I don't think so. More than one person would complain about this. I pretty much have every image rendered over a period of 20 years and a couple of them were uploaded to this site. Thousands of renders. I'd better get busy because it is allowed...

Seriously ? 120 images a day ?

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 9:35 AM · edited Thu, 23 June 2022 at 9:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:50 AM Tue, 29 March 2022 - #4436528

I don't understand how Renderosity got tangled in this bullshit but I'm going to be back and lecture you some more. I can't believe you put up with this, no one is going to buy anything because of these people and their stupid images. NO ONE! 

I beg to differ, If I see a great Image and I like the product that is Advertised I am more likely to buy set outfit, shoes, Hair, character or whatever is advertised, then without the Promo Image.

They can be very eye catching and if the Artist is a good one, then I am sure sales will be better for the Advertised product.

I often bought products that did not catch my eyes in the Store itself, but in a good Promo Image by an Artist of one of those Groups.

I do agree so that mass uploads are not a good Idea and can be intrusive.

Furthermore, I myself am a Promo artist and love what I am doing because working with Daz Studio always been a hobby of mine, and why not put my Art to good use and get paid in products?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2022 at 7:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

No one gives a flying fuck about promo images anymore. Promo groups are fucking done here. NO MORE PROMO IMAGES!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2022 at 7:39 AM · edited Fri, 17 June 2022 at 7:44 AM
I will unfollow anyone doing promos or any friends supporting promo artists or images.

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2022 at 11:22 AM

For what it's worth...

Firstly: I agree with Rick's post with the  f-bombs even if  he hadn't drop two of them :)  I don't look or bother to comment on promos or marketplace "art"... The thumbnail is the whole image so why bother to look ?

Secondly: Make a gallery ONLY for promotional images. That way anyone who wants to see them can do so. Seeing promotional images as the top trending images featuring skimp wear and, for a lack of a better term "slut wear" every single day is not only degrading to women in my opinion but defeats the purpose for most of us to post any other type of content that doesn't have a lone female G8 Daz character in it.

See ya' around....

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2022 at 7:47 PM

enigma, there is already a dedicated section: "Gallery / Sections / MarketPlace Showcase", those guys just have to use it!

I agree with you, so much amazing art being created in this community yet for the web surfers who only go for the trends it must look like a photo studio.

EVargas.Art

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2022 at 8:36 PM

I see that now and only a few vendors actually use the Marketplace Showcase to promote their "products".  Still, people seeking monetary gain through selling of products should not be in the same gallery as those with nothing to gain other than a handful of views and comments. If nobody looks at the Marketplace Showcase that's the vendor's tough luck and problem. I buy the odd thing but 99% of what I see is totally useless to me since I don't use G8 or have any plans to do so.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2022 at 2:18 PM

Most Popular Art today: a promo image for 3d stuff sold at DAZ3D.com, not a single product from Renderosity... nothing, nada, zit! Good job, Renderosity!

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2022 at 10:02 PM

I would rather ROS would limit how many renders can be posted a day.  Seriously, pictures have no chance to be seen at all when one "artist" or two can post 10 renders every hour!  Just crank them out like a machine, default pose, no shadows, blank stares... GAH!  By the bloody dozen!

Sorry to rant.  It upsets me.  What are vendor pics compared to floods like that!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.