Sun, Sep 15, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 9:58 pm)

Subject: Daz vs poser

Ironhurricane13 ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 2:32 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 8:07 PM

I heard that daz is comparable to poser i was wondering if daz has the Same library feature that poser has where you can plug in Pre-made animations onto a model for a fast workflow

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 7:32 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2019 at 7:32 PM

Yes, daz studio does also have that functionality.

I believe it is also possible to import bvh(Motion capture) and fbx animations.

The Daz 3D Youtube channel is here and has some info on animating with Daz Studio and other aspects of the program.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WWWDAZ3DCOM/playlists

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 7:41 AM

Also, Daz latest release (4.12) was focused on animation improvements, so it's worth a look

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 6:27 PM

This clip was animated in lcone and Imported into Daz studio. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9PBez1oA2NaYzjyu3hy2KolAnVggsOs/view

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 6:31 PM

At this point poser cannot compare to daz studios animation features.

My website

YouTube Channel

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 6:20 AM

Ironhurricane13 asked about the ease of applying pre-canned animations to characters. DAZ has the AniBlocks system, which though mostly paid is easy-to-use and provides all the canned motions that most people will need for a small project. Don't forget that both softwares can easily use big free resources such as the library of royalty-free motion-capture motions from Carnegie-Mellon.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

merlinthegreat ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2022 at 9:58 AM

here's my take on poser vs daz

daz is free poser is pricey,but daz layout sucks i'am an older person (55) not the most tech savvy,so for me i payed the $175.00 for poser 11,my 1st poser was p6 i got that for free and that's all I'm saying about that,and that was between 2008 and 2011 ,later i tried daz because it was free and it was to hard for me to figure out,if daz could offer a poser style layout i would use it

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2022 at 6:07 PM

Layout is very configurable, what are you looking for in a Poser-style layout?

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 2:58 AM

What I like about DAZs Content Library is, that all the material files come as a sub folder of your Item folder. 
At least by following the conventions, everything makes sense.
Don 't go for "smart content". It is confusing and I can't see, what "smart" has to do with it.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2022 at 4:44 AM · edited Thu, 28 July 2022 at 4:44 AM

I bought Poser v1 maybe about 1996?! I never figured how to use it. Jump ahead to 1999. Poser 4  was much easier to learn. Poser had one huge weakness: a shortage of content that came with Poser. From the beginning, I relied on DAZ for content.

I tried DAZ Studio from its early days, and have used DAZ Studio exclusively ever since. I got excited when Bondware (Renderosity) bought Poser. I really hoped for a rush of new, enticing Poser content to rival DAZ. It's been more than a year, and I stopped waiting. It's too bad because I still have a soft spot for Poser.

arrow1 ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2022 at 4:52 PM

I use both!  They each have advantages. What one program cannot do the other can! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2022 at 12:27 AM

It is actually not only about comparing software and hardware.
To be brutally honest, I've noticed, that DS users are in fact the better artists, if you go by the galleries here.
Daz Studio renderings show better posing, better lights and better picture compositions.

richardandtracy ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2022 at 10:19 AM
Online Now!

I'd have to say that at their best DS & Poser images are comparable in how incredible they are. It's at the 'average' standard where I think DS makes 'average' images look better than Poser 'average' images. I'm not sure if it's due to better artists or better 'out-of-the-box' assets. My history: I started with Poser 4, moved on to DS 0.7 after realising how dreadful Poser 5 was, and gave up at DS 1.2 because my PC was too feeble. Only came back to DS 4.10 in 2019 and now have to stick at 4.15 due to hardware driver issues with the out of date OS.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2022 at 7:11 PM
merlinthegreat posted at 9:58 AM Sun, 12 June 2022 - #4439894

here's my take on poser vs daz

daz is free poser is pricey,but daz layout sucks i'am an older person (55) not the most tech savvy,so for me i payed the $175.00 for poser 11,my 1st poser was p6 i got that for free and that's all I'm saying about that,and that was between 2008 and 2011 ,later i tried daz because it was free and it was to hard for me to figure out,if daz could offer a poser style layout i would use it

As another older person I prefer the Daz layout. It's very much a personal perspective whether you like one or the other. Also Daz Studio can be set up however you prefer it.

As someone who has currently been doing stuff in Poser 11 I find it very confusing and stuff I can do easily in DS is much harder in Poser. But I know people who say the reverse also and some are ex DS users.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2022 at 5:07 AM
richardandtracy posted at 10:19 AM Mon, 12 September 2022 - #4444357

I'd have to say that at their best DS & Poser images are comparable in how incredible they are. It's at the 'average' standard where I think DS makes 'average' images look better than Poser 'average' images. I'm not sure if it's due to better artists or better 'out-of-the-box' assets. My history: I started with Poser 4, moved on to DS 0.7 after realising how dreadful Poser 5 was, and gave up at DS 1.2 because my PC was too feeble. Only came back to DS 4.10 in 2019 and now have to stick at 4.15 due to hardware driver issues with the out of date OS.

There is always a brownish flatness to the average Poser render, which makes Poser actually a good candidate, if you intend to render your work with a certain Oil-painting look.
If cartoon or Oil painting is your artistic goal, Poser can help.
If you intend to go for eye popping realism, just forget Poser. 

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2022 at 8:09 PM
Nevertrumper posted at 5:07 AM Mon, 26 September 2022 - #4445286
richardandtracy posted at 10:19 AM Mon, 12 September 2022 - #4444357

There is always a brownish flatness to the average Poser render, which makes Poser actually a good candidate, if you intend to render your work with a certain Oil-painting look.
If cartoon or Oil painting is your artistic goal, Poser can help.
If you intend to go for eye popping realism, just forget Poser. 
So in other words you would say that in general oil paintings have a brownish flatness to their look? And that oil painting and eye popping realism are mutually exclusive? Because that's what you just said.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.