Sat, Oct 5, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Migrating DAZ from old computer to new?

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2022 at 3:45 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Hi all I've been away from DAZ for some time due to limited computer space and a hard drive failure. Now I'm finally setting up a new computer with a lot more ram and a lot more hard drive. I've copied all my files and libraries onto an identical location (P:\DAZ\) on the much larger new hard drives. I've managed to install a new copy of DIM, and a new copy of DAZ Studio, but all of the DAZ assets I had installed via DIM previously do not show in DIM as installed. Is there some way to make the new install of DIM recognize all the assets that had previously been installed on the old Computer's P:\ drive and copied to the new one (several thousand assets obtained over the last decade and more)? I'd hate to have to just delete all the installed assets and let DIM install them all over again. Is there any current tutorial on how to do this? Do I have to root some file out of my archived copy of my old C:|. . . User file and copy it over onto new C:\ drive? I have limited time to deal with this and hope there are shortcuts I can use. . .

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2022 at 10:05 AM

Install Manager, by default, keeps its record of installed content in the Manifests folder (in Public Documents/Daz Install manager as I recall) so that would be on the C: drive if you had not customised the location. Do you still have a copy of the old Manifests folder?

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2022 at 2:00 PM

I've stored a copy of my entire prior C:| drive on  my Y:\ drive (with 32 TB of HDs, in new computer, I have ample spare space). Where is the manifests located?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2022 at 2:38 PM

I can't recall the exact path but ti would eb soemthing like /Users/Public/Documents/Daz Install Manager/Manifests/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.