Sun, Aug 4, 9:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: V9 cloths backwards compatible ?

prinzeugen12 ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 7:11 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 7:32 AM

So  backwards compatibility was a big selling point for V8 ... How about the new girl ?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 8:36 AM

Judging from last night's presentation, V9 will not be backward compatible.  I believe that stream is still available on YouTube.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 6:43 PM

Clothing will have an autofit clone. Some things will work others won't...shoes for example.

Cayman Island iirc is doing a uv tool for genesis 3 and 8 to 9

Poses they looked like they had an autoconverter built into ds on the video but it could be a separate tool that will require purchasing.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2022 at 4:18 PM

I think the pose converter was a separate tool from a PA (in fact Jay mentioned a second one too).

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2022 at 6:23 PM

thanks Richard, as I said earlier I was unsure about that. On the video it looked like part of DS but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 6:24 PM

Not sure if they moved the T pose again, but as for the bones, they changed the name of the four central ones, so at a minimum you will have to rename the abs and chest bones but beyond that, repositioning and scaling maybe... i wont find out as i get better results with G8F than what has been posted with G9F, as Daz still wont go mad with shaders, whereas i have, and the only thing i took away from G8.1F was the new PBR Uber shader just to add even more depth, but sadly they removed chromatic from spectral rendering, but i have now found a work around for that.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.