Sun, Oct 6, 10:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Setting up a blink morph.... HOW?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 10:15 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:27 AM

Hi,

I created some blink morphs for my characters for Dusk and Dawn (Tommy and Tina) and I need to get those hooked up in Poser.

I would guess that I would activate the regular blink dials to 100 and then somehow get the my blink morphs to piggyback on that creating a better blink/eye close morph. I just don't know how to go about doing that!

Thanks so much! Richard 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 6:46 PM

Good question ... I await an answer as well!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2021 at 9:21 AM

I've a feeling it's about the "Learning" thing in Poser but want to make sure it's in the right order. I have the worst time with my mind sometimes remembering the order in which to set up stuff like this properly that I get frustrated and give up! LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2021 at 2:02 PM

We need step by step work flow charts for certain processes in Poser. (probably DS too).

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2021 at 9:27 AM

Blink morphs in DAZ Studio were fairly easy but my being still (sort of) new to Poser I just don't really know my way around to creating workable stuff like that.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2021 at 2:59 PM · edited Wed, 03 March 2021 at 3:00 PM

Got it figured out. Thought I'd share the info here for anyone that's having issues with all this

Create your blink morph. For me I went into ZBrush by using the export to GoZ under the Object menu. Select the Head and just that will be exported (some of the inner mouth stuff makes it there too but since it's Dusk the jaw wasn't so it was kind of horrific to see a head with no jaw and then those horrible fantasy eyelash mesh floating there to the sides. It's quite a sight. LOL, then I masked the upper area, including the regular lashes and used the Move brush to move the lower lid and lashes up a bit, then switched and brought the uppers down a bit and then cleaned it all up. GoZ back to Poser and named the morph Tommy Blink and then split it to a R and L morph after testing the new main morph.

Then you go to Dusk's head morphs, makes sure you have the included INJ files injected as you won't get your Eye Close dials. So Close Eyes 100%, then scrolled down to the Tommy Blink and set that to 100%. Back to Dusk's Eye Close dial there is the side fly out menu > and click that and select the Edit Dependencies and go to the first tab, hit the Start Teaching button. Scroll back down to the Tommy Blink morph move the dial from 100% to 0% and then back to 100% and watch as it's added to the list there in the Dependencies dialog. Set the Tommy Blink back to 100%, close out of the Dependencies dialog and go up to the Dusk Eyes Close morph and test and watch as the new morph is included in the action.

Rinse and repeat those steps for the L and the R blink morphs and your done.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2022 at 11:03 AM

Not sure why this seemed to work for me but it's not working now so my technique is not good.  Can't find anything for setting this sort of thing up in Poser on YouTube so I'm stuck.  I wrote Ken in hopes he will set me on the better path and if so I'll post that here!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 11:12 PM

Right click your face morph

Select edit dependencies

Click start teaching

Go to face morph dial and type 1 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set. Do not hit enter.

Go to Eye Blink Fix dial and type 1 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Go to face morph dial and type 0 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Go to Eye Blink Fix dial and type 0 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Click stop teaching.

Close dependency editor.

Blink fix is now slaved to Face morph master.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 5:46 PM
Liquid_Ice posted at 11:12 PM Thu, 27 October 2022 - #4447735

Select edit dependencies

Click start teaching

Go to face morph dial and type 1 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set. Do not hit enter.

Go to Eye Blink Fix dial and type 1 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Go to face morph dial and type 0 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Go to Eye Blink Fix dial and type 0 in the numeric field, do not hit enter, click on the palette and the value will be set.

Click stop teaching.

Close dependency editor.

Did you just copy and paste my instructions verbatim from another thread? Lol.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 5:52 PM

You should probably note that these instructions were for a very vague but specific scenerio and also do not account for left and right independant blinks. There are slightly more elegant solutions especially if attached to the blink dials themselves rather than a sub of the actual face morph. The above scenerio you cite is merely attaching an adjustment fix to the face.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 5:53 PM

You should take care of the context in which you cite others.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 6:51 PM

Create your blink morph on both eyes in your software of choice

Import as FBM or load morph target on head. I suggest as FBM because masters in the head are tricky with pmd.

Save your file after loading the morph.

Reopen the file you just saved. I won't bother explaining why, it's a peculiarity with the split morph command.

Click the white triangle next to your blink morph.

Select Split Morph command.

This will split the unified blink into blink_r and blink_l, leaving your original unified blink intact. 

At this point there are a couple of options. You now have a unified blink and a right and left blink. You could just leave it at that. I generally delete the unified blink, create new master called blink

Start Teaching

Set blink master to 1

Set blink right to 1

Set blink left to 1

Set master to 0

Set blink right to 0

Set blink left to 0

Stop Teaching.

Set tracking scale (dial sensitivity) and min max limits in dial setting for master and subs.

Done.

There's more specific notes about more elaborate conditions but that's the basics. Test your morph. Create a pmd inject. Test that. If the master controller does not work as expected through pmd I'll elaborate further. I've already gone over the specific case scenerios with you in the LH Genital thread.

You shouldn't be having a problem with this unless you are creating a master in the head and passing it via pmd. There's alternate methods such as spawning an empty as a controller. Let me know. I have off for the next couple of days and can illustrate copiously various scenerios if need be.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 12:46 AM
primorge posted at 5:46 PM Fri, 28 October 2022 - #4447822
Liquid_Ice posted at 11:12 PM Thu, 27 October 2022 - #4447735

Select edit dependencies

Click start teaching

Click stop teaching.

Close dependency editor.

Did you just copy and paste my instructions verbatim from another thread? Lol.
Im so sorry for not mentioning your name, i was in a hurry and just copied it from my notes. For what its worth i am still very grateful you told me this

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.