Sun, Sep 15, 12:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 10:05 pm)

Subject: Poser on multiple monitors

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 3:44 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

I have a dual monitor system, and a Huion drawing tablet that acts as a third monitor when it's on. It's only on when I'm drawing.

The problem I'm having is that Poser 11 keeps popping up menus on the Huion tablet...even when it's off. For example, when I click "render settings," the palette comes up on the Huion tablet. I can move it another monitor, but the next time it pops up on the tablet again.If the tablet is off, I don't see the palette at all.

Rebooting the computer with the tablet off fixes the problem...as long as I don't turn the tablet on again.

This is really annoying. Never had a problem until I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10, so I think that might be the cause.

Is there any solution to this?

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 5:23 PM

I have the same issue with my Cintiq... In my case, the Cintiq must be the primary Display. I am not sure if Huion is the same. I have a XPen Display that does not have that issue.

NOTE: Poser will remember the location of some screens (by Coordinate Location) which will impact where some windows open, when moved. In those cases, I use the UI Dots to remember Window Locations and then use one for when I use the Tablet and another when I do not. That might solve your issue with the Huion (did not with the Citiq for me)

ratscloset
aka John

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 2:44 AM

Thanks, at least I know I'm not alone.

I wonder if using Poser 12 or upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it.

My Huion is not my primary display. My primary display is a LG doubleheight monitor, so it really doesn't work very well to try and duplicate it on the tablet.

I don't understand why Poser palettes pop up on the tablet, anyway. I've occasionally the problem with other software, but only if I've put it on the tablet. I never put any part of Poser on my tablet.

mr_red ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2022 at 12:36 PM

I have a huion and on windows 11 and so far no problems regarding things popping up. like you i dont always keep my drawing tablet on, its only on for use. took me awjile to work out the whole thing about primary display, but now i have my drawing screen set up below my main monitor so it acts like the lower half of a screen. all i can think is to check your drawing tablet is where your computer think it is. but unless things are dragged to it you should not have this problem. 

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 11:39 AM
I don't think I can set up my Huion tablet to be the lower half of a screen. My monitors are set up so they're side by side by side, as far as the computer knows. There doesn't seem to be any other option. Perhaps a limit of my graphics card.

mr_red ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 12:43 PM

you might allready know this but i went in my display settings and dragged the 1 box about the 2 (took my ages to work that out) hope it helps

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 11:24 PM

I can drag the boxes around, but it doesn't change how WIndows sees them. I still have to move my mouse across, not down, to get the cursor onto the tablet.

mr_red ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2022 at 2:50 AM

sorry i just realised i mistyped. i have box 1 above box 2 so my huion is seen as the bottom part of my screen. my mouse is fine going up and down. the down side is my windows bar at the bottom of sreen one can be tricky to pop up and use at times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.