Wed, Sep 18, 2:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Describe this face in morphs or how to get the Mac Miller look

evilded777 ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2022 at 5:54 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 4:27 PM

1578570502_587284_1578570564_noticia_normal.jpgThe face shape… in general, plus that rather unique eye and brow (?) shape… round, small eyes slightly protruding, high brow…

You see this look, not commonly, but enough. I’m trying to get something close this (not making a Mac Miller clone) but I can not get those eyes right!

Anyone??url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fe5%2Fdf%2Fa8b05e3748c6af3501ef94cc3563%2Fmiller-book.jpg

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2022 at 7:03 AM
Online Now!

I dont think its particularly hard. If you look at the first pic, his brows are raised almost like he is surprised. He has very big eyelids that is being pulled down at the second half of the lids. He has a sleepy look. I would begin by raising the brows and then the lids. He has a consideral amount of skin between his lid and brow. He also has fat pads under his lowereye. And the iris is more to the upperlid than to the lower.

IAmNobodySpecial ( ) posted Wed, 16 November 2022 at 9:02 PM

His eyelids appear unnaturally swollen in the first photo. So check several photos of him before spending too much time on that "sleepy" look - it may not be necessary.

What jumps out at me is his overall Irish or Scottish look. He has that classic "Bay City Rollers" face. So you might use something like this as a starting point:

https://www.daz3d.com/people-of-earth-faces-of-europe-genesis-8-male

I did that modeling a real-world female who had a Scottish maiden name, using the Scottish Female Face as a starting point, and it came out surprisingly good with some tweaking of the morphs against reference photos.

For the same reason I would find some reference photos of his profile online, since the size/shape of the jaw and nose can be defining characteristics for Irish/Scottish faces.

Likewise, his teeth are unique. So if you'll render him open-mouthed I'd spend some time trying to match the teeth and gums.

Lastly, try not to let his facial hair distract you - focus on the shape of his face, and you can easily add that facial hair when the face morphs are done.

Good luck!

Paul

evilded777 ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2022 at 9:33 AM

I didn't find the European faces all that helpful. .. I had a feeling that I might find the genetic make up there.  But it didn't work out for me.  Maybe I should look again.  In the first photo, its definitely a raised brow. In the second its a lowered brow... the reality is somewhere in the middle.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2022 at 9:41 PM · edited Fri, 25 November 2022 at 9:43 PM

The easiest way is to do a face swap with FaceApp, using either one of the photos as source and your Daz render with a male character as target. If you have a render ready, post it here and I'll do it for you 😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.