Mon, Oct 21, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: M4 V4 Full body morphs do not load

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 10:46 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:52 AM

The Morphs++ full body for M4 and V4 do not load in poser 11 or 12. (I have V4 from a previous poser version that does work fine, but a new install will not).

all other individual morphs appear to be there and working, just the full body ones do not. tried restarting and re-installing several times. I've read that I need to run the "DzCreateExPFiles" app, but it will not work on Mac Monterey OS. I'm told an update is unavailable.

Anybody else experience this problem and have found a solution or a work-around? driving me nuts.

thanks.

using Mac OS Monterey, Poser 11 and 12

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 11:18 AM

Did you link the previous Poser version runtime to P11/12?  It will work that way.  What type of original files are you installing?

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 11:43 AM

yes, V4 works that way. I've had V4 for quite awhile and copy her forward to the new Poser versions. but when doing a fresh install from original files, they don't work. I have re-downloaded them and no luck that way either. Recently got M4 and am installing the files I bought and downloaded from DAZ. the Morph++ Full body morphs simply won't load. 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 12:20 PM

I usually link the old runtimes to the most current Poser library.  Just to verify, IIRC you need to run the .COMMAND file on a MAC to activate the morphs and all the necessary files should be in the same runtime as the morphs.  If you meet all the criteria I mentioned, it should work.  Otherwise, I'm at a loss.  I'm not familiar with MAC OS but the procedure outlined should be similar to a Windows PC.

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 12:39 PM

thanks, similar for Mac.. except the Mac version of the file to run is not available for newer OS. thanks anyway. Happy Thanksgiving!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2022 at 1:12 PM

Hopefully, someone will come along with a better solution.  Happy Thanksgiving.

mr_red ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2022 at 9:02 AM
Online Now!

I use old versions of v4/m4 and i had the same problem . I rebought the V4 but ended up ripping the files from old runtimes I had put on disk and managed to get m4 working that way. its only a flook i had decide to save the full runtime on disks from poser 7 years ago. its a pain to do it that way but i nopw have both working in poser 11. this might not help but i thought i would share anyway incase you have saved old runtimes somewhere.

VanishingPoint ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2022 at 10:49 AM

I'm using M4 and V4 in Poser 11 and Poser 12 without any issues.

I originally ran the installer for M4, V4, and the morph packs to install into my Poser Pro 2012\Runtime folder. (I had been using Poser Pro 2012, where M4 and V4 worked fine.) Then in P11 and P12, I added the Poser Pro 2012\Runtime folder to my libraries, and everything worked fine there also.

So I think the bottom line is that to you need to run all of the original installers to make sure every supporting file is in the correct place. Copying files seems like a good idea, but you never know where a supporting file may be hidden. 😉

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

mickale ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2022 at 4:00 PM

yeah, had to copy V4 from an older runtime and it works.  after a few computers and Poser upgrades original installers are long gone. M4 is a recent purchase. installed it manually and also through DIM. no luck either way.

But, have found that if selecting "Show hidden parameters" the FBMs show up for individual parts. can build a particular body style by setting the style on each body part... just takes awhile.

thanks for all y'alls replies.. Happy Thanksgiving !

mr_red ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2022 at 4:08 PM
Online Now!

another thing you can check is if you have a runtime folder inside the runtime folder. I have found this happends when tryind to load daz files sometimes. what i di now is make a folder on my desktop with a runtime folder in it and unpack to there, then move everything later. 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2022 at 4:28 PM

It occurred to me that if you have multiple installs of V4/M4 across different runtime folders linked to the same Library, the .bat file command may not work.  In your case, this is not an isolated problem, it's rare but not uncommon.  The old EXP system developed for V4 and M4 installers did present its challenges when they were released but it was under a different environmental condition with EXE files.  I thought they eliminated this issue by going with the zip format.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2022 at 2:08 PM

I have began to have this same issue on Windows.
V4 and M4 have always been in the same runtime for many many years. It seemed to be after my last install of P12.
I too re-downloaded all my V4/M4 files from DAZ and reinstalled them (same external runtime) and still I can not get the FBMs to appear but can access on individual body parts.
LeFemme and L'Homme are not effected and some of my old V4/M4 characters still show the FBM but only when I try to build a new character......???

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2022 at 2:21 PM

Did you run the updater - /Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreaeExPFiles-m4 (or v4 for Victoria,) the .bat fior Windows

mickale ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2022 at 6:38 PM

reckon i’ll make a few V4 runtime backups, and get fluent with LaFemme and Hombre, Dawn and Dusk.. just in case..

consumer573 ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 1:36 AM

I came to the forums to ask how to search Renderosity for V4 M4 content and how to search for clearance items. I can never find it directly from the marketplace home page, and I have never quite figured out what I do to get to a page that has the search filter tabs (though not for clearance?).

All this talk here about the V4/M4 and on the' should I upgrade to 12' issue  has gotten me discouraged about the future of my now sizeable content library.  sigh.

consumer573 ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 1:38 AM

Does anybody sell or buy content libraries?  They ARE an asset.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 12:35 PM · edited Wed, 30 November 2022 at 12:39 PM

I don't remember very well as this was almost 16 years ago, but I think you have to run a .pz2 file that comes with the morphs++ package, and that will inject all the ++morphs into your .cr2 file.

Also there were times when morphs wouldn't load properly, or load but not work when you turned the dial, because your OS is running low on memory, close other programs. Restart computer.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 1:23 PM
mr_red posted at 4:08 PM Thu, 24 November 2022 - #4450218

another thing you can check is if you have a runtime folder inside the runtime folder. I have found this happends when tryind to load daz files sometimes. what i di now is make a folder on my desktop with a runtime folder in it and unpack to there, then move everything later. 

I have always unzipped my Poser related downloads for DAZ3D products on my Desktop, and then ignoring the Content and Runtime folders, as I believe they're only needed when installing to older versions of DS software, I found that to be the only way to get it to install in my Poser Runtime since I came back to Poser with Poser 9.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 3:22 PM
The runtime folders in DAZ content zips contain texture files that are relevant for figures and props.  The relative pathways have not changed for a very long time.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 3:51 PM

I open the zip file, look for the runtime folder,  (ignore Content folder) and merge with the relevant figure's runtime folder on my external drive I set up Poser's libraries.  Works with every single daz asset I have and it carries over from one version to the other as all I do is reattach libraries to the new version. No reinstall needed.

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 4:22 PM
Rhia474 posted at 3:51 PM Wed, 30 November 2022 - #4450670

I open the zip file, look for the runtime folder,  (ignore Content folder) and merge with the relevant figure's runtime folder on my external drive I set up Poser's libraries.  Works with every single daz asset I have and it carries over from one version to the other as all I do is reattach libraries to the new version. No reinstall needed.

That is exactly what I have done for years, since Poser 2, never had any issues.
I never experienced this 'Missing FBM' issue until just recently with Poser 12.....however I have not actually used V4/M4 in a long time either so I can not be certain when it began on my system (Windows).

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 4:25 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 12:35 PM Wed, 30 November 2022 - #4450651

I don't remember very well as this was almost 16 years ago, but I think you have to run a .pz2 file that comes with the morphs++ package, and that will inject all the ++morphs into your .cr2 file.

Also there were times when morphs wouldn't load properly, or load but not work when you turned the dial, because your OS is running low on memory, close other programs. Restart computer.

Yes, you have to load the Morphs just like any other morph.
The issue being described here is that After loading the morphs they only show on individual body parts (head, arm, leg, torso, etc) but the FBM (Full Body Morph) on the 'Body' for controlling all at once no longer appears.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.