Tue, Oct 1, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: How to "model," light, and render honey?

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 3:47 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 7:33 PM

Making a short animation for a client, need to pour honey into a silver spoon, turn it half-over, let it drip into a tea cup. I'm okay with the spoon and cup ... but what is the Poser approach to making a thick fluid with golden highlights flow per gravity? Is there a prop for it? It would obviously have to collide with the spoon.

I'm in Poser 11 for windows.

Gratitude for any guidance, thank you ...

::::: Opera :::::

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 5:08 AM

I've done something like this a couple years back. I used the sphere primitive in the cloth room. Sphere clothified with a lot of stretch. Pin a vertex to an invisible plane to help get the long trail behind the falling drop. Release it for the sphere to coalesce to the shape of the spoon. Repeat procedure pinning a spot to the spoon. Release as the "tail" of the "fluid" when it gets to the length you want. Gravity works quite well for cloth so just fake the honey (sphere) to be cloth. 

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 08 December 2022 at 6:26 AM

The sounds intuitively good. Thanks for the clear description.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.