Tue, Oct 22, 1:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: Daz released V9 today

prinzeugen12 ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 10:03 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:39 PM

Well Im a little underwhelmed .  I go to the Daz web site and I see that V9 has finally been released.. So off to my Down load manager I go... In there I see starter essentials 1&2 and Voss hair.. I  am a little confused by this as I ordered the   pro bundle on day one... Silly me... I download the essentials and reload the DL manager to see if there is more.. Their is ,,,an update to Essential 1 ..thats it... no pro bundle stuff... Off to the Daz site and their forums where a bunch of folks like Me who ordered the Pro bundle are starting to get pissed ... So here we are folks.. Daz has kinda botched the launch of V9 ... BTW the private bits are sold separately in another download   called  Character Essentials  which cost you 17.49 ...  Smooth ... start ..DAZ.... NOT !

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2022 at 3:29 PM

Anatomical Elements have been a separate purchase, in the adult character bundles for Genesis, for a long time - even the genital cleft morph in the older figures was in the morph pack not the base figure. This time it is in a cheaper, stand-alone package not a full figure bundle which is what many people asked for.

The Victoria 9 downloads are being fixed, a lot of people now have them.

MustangMike ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 10:19 AM

A waste of money IMO, one would have thought daz would have learned their lesson on unisex characters with Genesis. It was so bad they had to rush G2 into the market!

DocPhoton ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 11:00 PM
Online Now!

I see no reason to start collecting V9 either, even if I was strictly a Daz user.  Which I'm not. I export all of my Daz purchases.

I did so with the V9 basic and I see absolutely no way it's backwards compatible with anything prior, which it seems has been mentioned.  The rigging (total # of bones), UV's, you name it is totally different.  So any presets, Poses, etc., until some really clever person is able to come up with conversion utilities, is unusable.

Not to mention EVERY part (teeth, eyes, etc.) are separate morph naming, so it's doable for me, but is 6X the work.

So, unless it's an absolutely stunning, can't live without character, I see no reason.

Just my 2¢.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2022 at 1:30 PM

Victoria 9 is a character set for Genesis 9.

Mythocentric ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 5:53 PM

I have to wonder if Daz are familiar with the term 'useful idiots' coined by Vladimir Lenin. I had rather hoped that with G8.1 they'd realised that steady development of the existing figure, especially after the debacle which was the launch of DS4.20. Sadly not. They simply move the goalposts again and sit back as the said 'useful idiots fall over themselves throwing money at them in their urge to own the latest 'thing'. Not this time Daz. This guy is sitting back in the expectation of discovering that the Daz hype isn't working as is becoming apparant going on the number of people saying, "No, thank you" on the various forums, no matter how much the Guru is pushing the hype for all its worth on YouTube. He's taken his thirty pieces of silver. Myself, and seemingly many others, have not. My silver is staying right where in belongs in this instance, in my wallet

Razor42 ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:56 PM · edited Fri, 28 October 2022 at 7:56 PM

@Mythocentric 

Wow! 

"Judas, Vladimir Lenin, Propaganda, Useful idiots, Shifting goalposts, Debacles, Hype, 30 pieces of silver."

Really, I'm impressed at the amount of vitriol you poured in here...

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 7:24 PM

I'd rather be a useful idiot than being an enslaved intellect. At least I have the freedom to chose whether to buy V9 or not.

I bet you do have the freedom NOT to buy G9 stuff.

DS/Poser is I hope for me as for you a hobby. You can choose whether to spend your money on it or not.

I still use G3/G8, but it's nice to have options. I can't fathom to live in a Lenin world.  All my 3D figures will probably look like 'potatoes'

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 9:40 AM

I have no plans to use Genesis 9 yet, but then again I never use any new figure until six months down the road, I don't ever feel any need to be the first kid on the block to own new technology, it's too expensive and there are always kinks to be worked out.  Ask me again during March Madness 2023.

On this one though, it is so different from Genesis 8, and there is no path convert previous assets, that's going to be a huge cost and I am going to have to see serious benefits from the new generation to buy into it. And unless DAZ has dealt with the speed issues involved in loading all the morph DSF files, Genesis 9 will be even quicker to bog down then 8, and it  will effect both genders of models since they all need to be present in any character instance.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 6:39 PM

There is the usual AutoFit for clothing, and if you use external applications it is possible to covnert both non-HD morphs and textures. There are threads on this on the daz forums, and some YouTube videos.

prinzeugen12 ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2022 at 9:24 PM

Anyone got a good work around for shoes to fit V9 ??  

Cyberdene ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2022 at 3:24 AM · edited Sun, 25 December 2022 at 3:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

They always release another one, F them. I get sick of having to rebuy the same stuff over and over for these "different" versions of Genesis. Daz still don't even have useful tools like Blender for Gods sake. If you need to morph something you have to go into Blender or Zbrush to do it. You would think they would try to work harder to make DAZ a better program but instead they really do believe people are dumb, that's why they keep releasing the same figures with different numbers. Not only that none of them are backwards capable with anything, you have to REBUY the same damn stuff for them that you had to purchase for other Genesis models. I remember when I converted a lot of Genesis 2 and 3 content for Genesis 8 there is no way I'm doing that again for Genesis 9, it should have been capable of working with everything Genesis 8 and 8.1 from the start without converters. When 8.1 came out I couldn't even use Genesis 8 expressions with it. They don't need to keep making more and more Genesis figures. I really don't see the point in even buying them anymore especially since I used Victoria 4 for decades and they didn't even bother upgrading her like she needed. Genesis get upgrades for the sake of money and because people are just rebuying the same stuff for a "different" genesis model. Give them a few years and you'll see Genesis 20 get released. That's why Im going to buy most of my stuff from this site because they are slowly abandoning Genesis 8 on Daz's website. I see more and more Genesis 9 content getting released but thankfully Renderosity community is better than this, no one here is abandoning Genesis 8.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 25 December 2022 at 5:04 PM

Improving an old fi7gure, beyond what can be done with additional morphs (and that kind of product is widely available for most generations), will break compatibility in at least soem respects. You cannot have a new figure that simply uses the content for the older figures. Daz does provide AutoFit clones (in the case of Genesis 9 for all previous generations) and those clones can be used as a tool for converting maps and non-HD morphs.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Mon, 26 December 2022 at 11:53 AM

I, for one, am really happy that Daz has brought back a Unisex figure.

I loved it when Genesis came first out and was sad when they stopped it.

Furthermore, I enjoy rendering with Genesis 9 and make my own characters by spinning the dial.

I have not bought many clothes for Genesis 9 because Autofit das a great job with G3 and G8 clothes to fit fine on G9.

I bought some shoes.

Hair is also no problem, easy to use G3 and G8 hair, really.

No one forces anyone to jump on the G9 train and spend money on products for G9.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.