Wed, Oct 9, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:55 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: fustration

theeverman ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 9:29 AM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 10:15 AM

why????? for some very odd reason, I cant get any textures i get or make to work properlly in the P4 models!!!!! they blur..... I did all the common steps on the materials menu and screen, but no success.... does anyone have a clue? thank you The everman

theeverman ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 9:34 AM

file_226654.gif

this is a tex I got from the net.... The Everman

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 1:48 PM

I'm just a newbie here myself, but try these tips: 1. Remember to check anti-alias in render options. 2. Export as tiff to avoid pixellation (squiggly, blurry edges). 3. Use the largest texture maps your memory will allow - usually 2000X2000 or larger.

theeverman ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 3:55 PM

thanks, I'll try... can you see the lips? in the texture, they are red, and you can just see them below the original lips in the model... as if poser were using both textures.....

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 4:07 PM

Hi Theeverman!- Oh, you have to set all the material colors to white, did you do that? Anything other that white will bias the texture map. PS: try setting your camera to longer lens, say 105 mm, Poser's default is wide angle, make everthing look bad closeup!

theeverman ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 4:41 PM

nope... that didnt work... lips still superimposing the texture... but thanks for the great rendering tips! they're great!!!!! The Everman

pjanak ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2001 at 9:16 PM

Jim Burtons suggestion is the correct one. If the object has any color to it other than white, yiu will see the base color affect the texture color. Slect th lips and color then white.

pragask ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 4:23 AM

If you're saving the image as a jpg file, there is an option of compression setting to make during the save process . Choose the 'best' or 'no compression' option to avoid blurring .

theeverman ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2001 at 12:44 PM

thanks everyone... i've now managed to use those darn textures. hehehe got a couple of renders in the galery too! thanks all

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.