Tue, Oct 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Beg pardon.....

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 6:19 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:32 AM

Without mentioning any names, apparently I've blocked someone because I keep seeing a message pop up in a blue box telling me that the users comments are hidden from my view. If I did block this person, I've forgotten the reason why. I also forgot how to unblock them. help?

It might also be helpful to know how to block them again if need be.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 7:43 PM · edited Tue, 07 February 2023 at 7:43 PM
Site Admin

This is what you see if you ignore someone. To unignore them, click on unignore the user. to re-ignore them click on the little speaker button at the bottom of each post.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 7:45 PM

Open a browser in incognito mode or sign out to see who it is and what posts they made, it may twig your memory or give you a hint why they blocked you, I know a whole bunch of users have blocked people who post or use AI art generators for example so there can be many reasons.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 8:36 PM
RedPhantom posted at 7:43 PM Tue, 7 February 2023 - #4455470

This is what you see if you ignore someone. To unignore them, click on unignore the user. to re-ignore them click on the little speaker button at the bottom of each post.

KnEcUTjVbmUi6RSicUNcIUcHsK9bTP2rWAI4PFiT.JPG

Then the user must have me on ignore, RP, because I don't get the message you posted. It just tells me the comments are blocked from my view. Oh well.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 8:38 PM
wendyvainity posted at 7:45 PM Tue, 7 February 2023 - #4455471

Open a browser in incognito mode or sign out to see who it is and what posts they made, it may twig your memory or give you a hint why they blocked you, I know a whole bunch of users have blocked people who post or use AI art generators for example so there can be many reasons.

I have another account here I rarely use, Wendy. It's not that important to me to see what they're saying.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2023 at 9:53 PM

I also don't have that text after the message to let me unblock the person, nor do I have the button under the ignore post so, I too, must've been blocked by this individual who's posts I can't read.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 12:23 AM · edited Wed, 08 February 2023 at 12:23 AM

if it's who I think it is, I am blocked by them too, in my case because I believe it's because I posted ai art, all the ones in that forum are blocked by them and a few other users, the only difference is they previously posted ai art in that forum

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 7:40 AM · edited Wed, 08 February 2023 at 7:46 AM

If your going to be a Negative Nancy your getting the ignore. Rhol_figament does AI images, I'm not blocking him in the forums and I'm following him too. I've only blocked the people that give me anxiety.

Make Anxiety Go Away

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 10:20 AM

To my knowledge I'm only blocking one person online and that person is over at Hivewire. I'm not even blocking him for something he said. I'm blocking him because he doesn't like it when I respond. I figure if I can't read what he says, I can't respond. The person here at Rendo, I have no clue.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 12:40 PM · edited Wed, 08 February 2023 at 12:40 PM
EClark1894 posted at 10:20 AM Wed, 8 February 2023 - #4455503

The person here at Rendo, I have no clue.

It could very well be the same person as at HiveWire, because so many are now members here as they are/were there.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 3:08 PM · edited Wed, 08 February 2023 at 3:10 PM
Miss B posted at 12:40 PM Wed, 8 February 2023 - #4455515
EClark1894 posted at 10:20 AM Wed, 8 February 2023 - #4455503

The person here at Rendo, I have no clue.

It could very well be the same person as at HiveWire, because so many are now members here as they are/were there.
It's not. At least not the same name at Rendo as at Hivewire. And they have posted here at Rendo under their Hivewire name.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 3:16 PM

Okay, just read an earlier post where someone spoke up on the same thing. Seems the other user ignored me. Oh well.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 3:56 PM

The only issue I have with ignore functions is they still show you someone else who is or you are ignoring has posted. I would prefer no post showing at all, otherwise it is a legitimate tool for keeping the peace and avoiding conflict.

Of course curiosity will get the better of one seeing a hidden post and one will read it by other means anyway which defeats the purpose.

A filter should do just that, filter out unwanted posts, images etc.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 8:29 PM
wendyvainity posted at 3:56 PM Wed, 8 February 2023 - #4455525

The only issue I have with ignore functions is they still show you someone else who is or you are ignoring has posted. I would prefer no post showing at all, otherwise it is a legitimate tool for keeping the peace and avoiding conflict.

Of course curiosity will get the better of one seeing a hidden post and one will read it by other means anyway which defeats the purpose.

A filter should do just that, filter out unwanted posts, images etc.

Actually, you're not too far off, as often, even though I can't read the post of the user who is ignoring me, someone else will respond to them, and usually Quote them, which defeats the whole purpose of the ignore.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.