Mon, Sep 9, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: I started a long time WIP this week!

willyb53 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 11:26 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 1:51 PM

Resources: LaFemme + morph set, Photo reference set

Tools: Poser 11, Blacksmith3d Pro, Photoshop, Filterforge

Plan: Create a character for LaFemme with new skin, makeup, clothes, eyes with no other resources but the ones listed above,(I do not plan to do hair :D )

Here is my progress as of the 19th: Basic morph done, working on skin and makeup

TwDE5kSh5P2lDBTiTkKWc59EdCseiJ9SSjqJY0ei.jpg

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

EVargas ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 12:53 PM

Nice kick off, beautiful morph!

EVargas.Art

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 1:32 PM · edited Sun, 19 February 2023 at 1:32 PM

I'm liking it too.  🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 3:57 PM

Great start!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 4:23 PM

Wow 

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 9:47 PM · edited Sun, 19 February 2023 at 9:48 PM

Please don't get mad, but I'm not liking that makeup at all. She looks like some girls I knew when I was in junior high and they were just starting to learn how to put on make up. The morph looks okay.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 10:37 PM

LOL, that is the first time I have ever tried to do makup on my own.  Just did it to get down the mechanics of layers in BS3d.  I have no expectations that I will even be able to start makeup for weeks.  doing a skin texture from photo reverences will take a while since I have  never done it before.  Not looking forward to fingers and toes.

Skinhead is done and that took a week to get to the point I like it, ears are fun :D

Bill

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 7:11 PM

If you want to “makeup” your life easier, I use Classic Genesis 2 for my makeups. It’s licensed for free and commercial products.

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 8:24 PM

That looks like a nice package, and does not have the usual restriction to not use for any other figure, and I will probably get it :D

But the object of this exercise is to develop a complete character from scratch.  The only MRs I am using is LaFemme and a photo reference set.

The rest must (for my purpose) needs to be the software I have and my skills (which I expect to improve in the process)

I have no idea if the result will be a commercial product, as I stated this is for my development :D

Bill

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 7:47 AM

Makeup is hardly ever what our muscle memory seems to think it is - I suggest searching for reference :)

Pinterest is great to look for photos of nice makeup.

More often than not, I paint my character makeup directly on Photoshop. Can end up feeling more natural than using resources.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 7:57 AM

A tip for eye makeup.

Since you are using Blacksmith 3D, you should be able to use the Eye Blink dial to close her eyes. It's much easier to gauge where eye makeup should lie if you apply it with the lids closed. And yes, use online references as Afrodite Ohki suggests. 

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 7:15 PM

maybe this image gives you an idea how to contour and place the make up

5rTNHHwZsqbr0HfCpj46BRoWRHMPBukOMCPM1Z43.png

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 11:01 PM

Thank You :D

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 24 February 2023 at 7:54 AM

LYxgL0ZLJtFmgrzbQuZj5NESAVpeU1mL9MYmuTZB.jpgvlTetBAHzd5glbYdmQakK9ORD3WJglkzv6z7Fw50.jpgUjYviduGdCK23h6Cz7B4qmfgOwkcfOlJYDrfk6Vg.jpeg

more contour ideas. As you see the base is almost everywhere the same.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 8:51 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2023 at 8:51 AM

Basic Texture finished except finger and toe details, going to take a break and do a set of eye colors before I do that :D

LCcani0UBgPTnA3yPzJnXqpolPBZAK8m8BTjOvws.jpg

Bill

dadt ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 9:01 AM

There is nothing worse than a texture with built in highlights imo. the highlights come from the lighting and will vary with viewing direction. Sorry, eye textures with built in reflection are worse!

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 9:30 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2023 at 9:31 AM

Areas that will be highlighted based on lighting should be addressed in the Specular map.

If you want to add contoured areas, it would be best to include them as face makeup presets or layers. 

The base color map should contain as few as possible highlighted and shadowed areas. Anything else in addition should be provided as an option.

Also, I don't use Blacksmith 3D that often. Is there a way to soften or blur those contours a little more in Blacksmith? It looks like they need to be blended a bit more.

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 11:03 AM

Eye textures have NO built in specular.  What are seeing is specular from a Fill Light.  And at this point, the eye texture is is default LaFemme, not one that I created.

Please read my sig line.

Bill

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 11:35 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2023 at 11:35 AM

Image with no Fill Light:

hEtfycqNLRqRhCQevTIbvFcg2EMdTGEcaW1LEiMr.jpg

specular  in the body is from EZskine

@DCArt: BS3d has most (maybe all?) of the options of photoshop, but applied in 3D, along with brushes to paint over seams, add noise.  I have found a problem with the reference photos, since they are by design flat lighting, the contours tend to darken on the edges where the skin falls away.  Some of the problems I have seem to be with the lighting.  I like a backlit image, and if using Rembrant lighting, there is no or little direct light on the eyes.

Bill

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2023 at 10:26 PM

Some Progress.  Still need to do fingers and toes, so worked on Eyes and some simple makeup

ueMVduIxHRDCpiyGNb3WUFbOkyMHOl7wkxX944Hz.jpg

Bill

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 1:31 AM

Your character has a beautiful and atypical face

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 7:01 PM

And further progress:  Fixed mouth problems, playing with makeup and eyes

Trying to decide if she needs to be darker or go with a more nordic look

LxQ1egBxQVHba2wG4jCdBNZ9oM7b3Cuu62hk636w.jpg

Bill

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2023 at 1:15 PM

My Final (?) Character :D

LaFemme

Tee shirt from Jeans and Tee Shirt, Renderosity

Jeanz for V4 DAZ

My morph, makeup, Texture

Background from Free-images.com

I will continue to play with makeup etc, but as of now I have Two textures, one normal and one Tan (and not just color chip, full maps)

KMBf8aF6nZWUW31Cl7owvIpS4YoksUbg6RWTz1bX.jpg

Bill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.