Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: a bunch of spambots in the gallery!

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 12:33 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:30 AM

just came back to rendo after a while to find this in my inbox - 2 or even 3 spambots commenting on my art!

please deal with those accounts if it hasn't been dne yet after another report - and please DELETE THOSE COMMENTS!

thank you ^^

wtr2N6S96hHHHHzFxgScGMQuWZEEKLRTsm4tvSA3.jpg

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 12:35 PM

ah, it was on this gallery item: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3037104/disciple

IN THE END, MERITOCRACY HAS NOT ONLY PERMEATED OUR DAILY LIVES AND WORK, BUT ALSO OUR HEARTS, OUR MINDS AND OUR PERCEPTION OF ART...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 4:22 PM

I just flagged another image with a spam comment, since there doesn't seem to be a way to flag individual comments.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 4:58 PM
Site Admin

taken care of both images.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 5:02 PM

RHaseltine posted at 4:22 PM Tue, 14 March 2023 - #4458447

I just flagged another image with a spam comment, since there doesn't seem to be a way to flag individual comments.

i'm not certain i understood what you meant.. did you mean

- that the only way to flag such a comment under a gallery image is to flag the image itself (like if it was inappropriate) to attract a mod's attention
or
- that it was really stupid of me to actually show the screencap of those comments, since it shows those obnoxious links?

i'm going for #1 but just in case...

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 5:04 PM
RedPhantom posted at 4:58 PM Tue, 14 March 2023 - #4458450

taken care of both images.

thank you! lol i was still writing my comment, you were faster ^^

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 4:56 PM

#1, yes - that we have to flag the whole image and then say it's a comment that is the problem.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:53 PM · edited Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:54 PM

Between all the spambots and floods of AI crap filling the galleries, it's almost not worth posting anything here anymore. I miss the "old" Renderosity. It was truly a community of ARTISTS, and not just a dumping-ground for spammers, AI-bots, and all the other forms of stupidity taking over the site lately. I and many others have asked for a REASONABLE gallery posting limit, but it's a no-go. Can't imagine why my - and many others' - enthusiasm for posting work here has gone down the toilet.

Sad.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 10:31 PM

I stopped posting right about the time the AI images started to take over. What's the point of working on rendering just the right way when Ai can churn out dozens of images and then postwork it in an other program?  And then my single image gets buried under dozens of almost-identical ones. Meh.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 12:22 AM

Right there with ya, Rhia474. I wouldn't rant about it if it was just 1 or 2 images... But some of them seem to feel like this is their personal gallery for AI, Promotionals, or whatever. It's mainly a few individuals with no concept of respect for other artists. I wish the developers would wake up and see what's going on.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 12:33 AM

I just counted 19 - 20 uploads of AI by ONE person on March 16th. Just a bit over the top, I think.

I'll shut up now...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 7:46 AM · edited Fri, 17 March 2023 at 7:48 AM

RodS posted at 12:33 AM Fri, 17 March 2023 - #4458804

I just counted 19 - 20 uploads of AI by ONE person on March 16th. Just a bit over the top, I think.

I'll shut up now...

He is literally advertising that crappy PAID app all over Renderosity with every image he uploads. I don't know if he's the owner of the app, or getting paid for promoting that app but I think someone should let him know advertising is not free on this website, unless it is, then nevermind my comment. Carry on! Those AI images are created from images from Disney too.

jArEYhivOlAHAaxTUoaE65aB4dHuotaNTlALpZCF.PNG

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 9:54 AM

Which is super ironic given that we are being reminded at every turn we can't post links or advertise other sites. I don't know at this point iof this is accidental oversight, deliberate, or what the hells is going on, but as I said, I have not posted anything in a long time and likely won't until this AI nonsense goes down. May go back to reviving my old DA site instead.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 1:02 PM
Site Admin
You can post links as long as they aren't to other brokerage sites. Sites like Daz or Patreon aren't allowed. A link to NVidia to help someone upgrade their graphics driver is okay

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 3:30 PM

Oh, so it's OK to advertise AI creating sites then...which completely destroy the need to buy anything form this site? 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 5:20 PM

Rhia474 posted at 3:30 PM Fri, 17 March 2023 - #4458873

Oh, so it's OK to advertise AI creating sites then...which completely destroy the need to buy anything form this site? 

I agree, your bound to lose sales to AI websites, that's inevitable. AI will start creating 3d objects soon, not just images.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 4:15 AM

Perhaps there should be a gallery for AI alone, and no AI allowed in the main gallery - "Creative" versus "Machine"? I quite like some of the AI work, but it's beginning to swamp the human-produced work.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 8:57 AM · edited Sat, 18 March 2023 at 9:04 AM

Let's return the thread back to OP. How do you prevent spammers from linking their shady website here?

I was thinking by not allowing any new members to post any links in the gallery comments or image description or forums for... let's say... a month from the date they joined Renderosity? I think that'll reduce the amount of spam considerably... and perhaps have a bot notify them that SPAM is not allowed!

Their behavior is this: they sign up, they obtain the free membership and they get to "business" right away.... and they get banned, of course

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 9:03 AM

That is all well said and done, and we can wish as much as we want; however, unless a staff member chimes in and says 'good idea' or 'nope, we won't so that', this is all wishful thinking, unfortunately. I like that last suggestion in theory, but it may discourage new member' creativity who may be joining precisely to show their work and get feedback. Then again, what goes on now discourages it as well, because how can you show your work if it goes buried moments after posting under nearly identical pictures of AI kittens?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 9:13 AM · edited Sat, 18 March 2023 at 9:16 AM
Rhia474 posted at 9:03 AM Sat, 18 March 2023 - #4458962

I like that last suggestion in theory, but it may discourage new member' creativity who may be joining precisely to show their work and get feedback.

They can still do that, but in plain words... without any URLs... for 30 days. I don't think the spammers attention span is that long lol They can't spam, they find another place where they can do that... right away.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2023 at 10:56 PM · edited Sun, 19 March 2023 at 11:06 PM

Off topic: @A_Sunbeam - Did they ever answer to your question? This is what happens when you post AI images in the Poser Gallery. WHY!!! Why would you do that? Why lie about it and most of all... What armor set is that?? I want to buy it!! Why won't you tell me where you got it?

I'm asking everyone using AI to help them with their imagination, to please, please not post AI images in the Poser Gallery. I love browsing that gallery section, throw it in any other gallery section, I don't care!

DocMikeB ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2023 at 1:31 AM

Recently I have reported a spammer / spambot who advertised some kind of "services" (data management, search engine optimization, whatever).
He / it posted 5 times in a row the same exact cheap video in the main gallery.

Moderators removed it quickly (within a couple of hours) but I have the feeling that thanks to the flood of AI pictures some spammers started perceiving Renderosity as a place where they can post their "content". Eventually they will become more daring.

While I am not totally against the use of AI for some specific tasks (concept, backgrounds, memes) I agree with A_Sunbeam.

It should be confined to a specific gallery.

A_Sunbeam posted at 4:15 AM Sat, 18 March 2023 - #4458950

Perhaps there should be a gallery for AI alone, and no AI allowed in the main gallery - "Creative" versus "Machine"? I quite like some of the AI work, but it's beginning to swamp the human-produced work.

And like Rods and many others already stated, Renderosity should (re)introduce a limit on daily posts.

Not more than five.

It's not acceptable too see an image produced by a real artist with many hours of work and creativity buried between dozens of low effort (and often low quality... exceptions are rare) AI generated pictures.

There are already sites dedicated to that kind of stuff, like Lexica.

DocMikeB ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2023 at 1:50 AM

Partially off-topic, but I'd like to share a thought.

What really saddens me is that some of the members flooding the gallery with AI generated pictures are NOT spammers or spambots who joined a week ago.
Until recent times they used to be 3D artists; the older pages of their galleries are full of DAZ and Poser artworks, often decently done.
Then in late 2022 or 2023 they jumped on the AI bandwagon and they are not producing anymore 3D art.
It's starting to look like the Borg assimilation or the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I too downloaded StableDiffusion on my PC and I made some experiments but I would never post pictures produced typing a prompt on art sites.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2023 at 3:31 AM · edited Mon, 20 March 2023 at 3:32 AM

DocMikeB posted at 1:50 AM Mon, 20 March 2023 - #4459084

Partially off-topic, but I'd like to share a thought.

What really saddens me is that some of the members flooding the gallery with AI generated pictures are NOT spammers or spambots who joined a week ago.
Until recent times they used to be 3D artists; the older pages of their galleries are full of DAZ and Poser artworks, often decently done.
Then in late 2022 or 2023 they jumped on the AI bandwagon and they are not producing anymore 3D art.
It's starting to look like the Borg assimilation or the Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I too downloaded StableDiffusion on my PC and I made some experiments but I would never post pictures produced typing a prompt on art sites.

there is an AI forum here where I post

I still do 3D art too 

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 6:11 AM

and the same crap again, on the same image:

Tonowari 11:47PM | Mon, 20 March 2023

Great images! It was a fun and interesting scene to make. Thank papa's pizzeria which helps me know this.

i haven't found an icon/link to report my own images either, as RHaseltine has proposed...

ALSO: CAN YOU AI HATERS AND OTHERWISE AI INTERSTED OR NOT PLEASE BUZZ OFF THIS THREAD? HAVE YOUR ARGUMENTS SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE ON THE THREADS OPENED FOR THIS PARTICULAR SUBJECT/REASON! IT'S BOTHERSOME TO READ THE SAME OLD SAME OLD POSTS EVERYWHERE ON EVERY FORUM ON THREADS FOR TOTALLY DIFFERENT TOPICS! THIS PRO/CONTRA AI IS THE GANGRENE OF THE NET, I'M SO SICK OF EVERY FORUM BEING INFILTRATED BY THIS! DRAW WITH AI OR WITHOUT, GO LIVE WITH A DIRECT PLUGIN TO AN ANDROID OR UNDER A ROCK - I COULDN'T CARE LESS, I'M CAPABLE TO TAKE MY OWN DECISIONS ON THIS WITHOUT YOUR UNASKED FOR ADVICE!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 2:53 PM

@maneki_neko - I am sorry, my friend. I apologize. Hope you have a fantastic day.

LAHrvO0zFNPCpsO9AwLVhho9BgGzeJqwgo9qE0V2.png

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:30 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 2:53 PM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459209

@maneki_neko - I am sorry, my friend. I apologize. Hope you have a fantastic day.

LAHrvO0zFNPCpsO9AwLVhho9BgGzeJqwgo9qE0V2.png

meow! thanks, same to you!

nothing personal here, i'm just oversaturated of this ongoing heated argument all over the place...

i mean if i really wanted to punch my opinion through, i'd do it for things that are more vital, like i'd literally attack frontally every single meat eater i.e murderer, every single car driver/plane flyer i.e gross polluter + potential killer, etc etc - but i have to tolerate so many things that are srsly horrifying me and damaging everything, and apart from jumping up and down in vain because the majority doesn't give a flying ***, all i can do is stfu. so yeah, this pro/contra AI thing is totally unnerving me to no ends. artists are afraid they can't survive? so is pretty much every lifeform on this planet since we've been here, so boohoo, smallest violine etc ~ it's not my fight, don't fight it outside of the threads/forums created just for this reason. it was just to give an example above, but i don't come into your artistic threads and accuse you because what you had for lunch doesn't conform to my personal views... even if there is NO comparison about the suffering involved, compared to what AI could do to you...

maneki_neko ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:54 PM

EDIT: when i say "you" it's general and absolutely not directed to you personally TwiztidKidd !! ^^

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 2:56 PM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 2:58 PM
Site Admin

Arguments like this have existed since long before the internet. So, for grins and giggles, I sat down and thought about some of ‘this vs. that’ arguments I’ve heard in my lifetime, and a few before that. Most of which were certain to destroy all of civilization:

Stars in the sky vs. Little pin holes in a canopy over the earth

Round Earth vs. Flat Earth (people got burned at the stake for this)

Train tracks across the prairie vs. Not train tracks (our entire cattle industry was sure to collapse)

Indoor plumbing vs. Outhouse (we were all going to drown in our sleep)

Electricity inside the house vs. Not Electricity inside the house (we were all going to be electrocuted)

Electric guitars vs. Real guitars (I think this started in the 60’s)

Ford vs. Chevy (Been going since the wheel was invented)

Pet Rock vs. Pet invisible piranha (This was big in the 70’s)

Ma Bell vs. Not Ma Bell (The world was going to implode if Ma Bell got broke up)

Analogue vs. Digital

Rock and Roll vs. Real music

Metal Slinky vs. Plastic Slinky

Hippy vs. The world

Windows vs. DOS

MSWord vs. Word Perfect

Quill vs. Fountain Pen (Remember our desks in school had ink well holes)

Fountain Pen vs. Ball Point Pen (Everyone was certain ball point pens would destroy the economy)

Black and White t.v. vs. Color t.v.

MacDonalds vs. Burger King (every kid knew Burger King was better, that clown was scary)

Coke vs. Pepsi (RC won)

Two dollar bill vs. Real money (two dollar bill lost)

Netscape vs. Explorer

Oil Paint vs. Watercolor

Watercolor vs. Acrylic

Traditional art vs. 3D art

3D art vs AI art

People just like to argue, it’s in our DNA. This argument will pass and something new will come along, maybe Earth vs. Mars.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 3:51 PM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 3:53 PM

and hypocrites

I respect everyone's opinions but when they are utter hypocrites about stuff saying one thing but doing another, it rubs me badly

I am assuming TwiztidKidd got permission to use the Britney Spears image they photoshopped in a reply to me in another forum specifically for discussing AI art before they blocked me for example, otherwise that too is stealing someone's art.

Or all the AI art them and the other user who blocked me are posting while saying how bad others are for using it

I have been quite clear about my own feelings on it,
I am on the fence

trying to see both sides

and getting rocks thrown at me by both sides

that's a lot of stone throwing and hurt coming my way simply for discussing/debating a topic

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

maneki_neko ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2023 at 11:55 PM

another of those stupid bots - always on the same image: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery/items/3037104/disciple

and the idiot is https://www.renderosity.com/users/MartaCabrera

i am closing the comment function on this image.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 12:06 AM
Site Admin

@maneki_neko  I've removed the spam comment.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 1:39 AM
TwiztidKidd posted at 10:56 PM Sun, 19 March 2023 - #4459082

Off topic: @A_Sunbeam - Did they ever answer to your question? This is what happens when you post AI images in the Poser Gallery. WHY!!! Why would you do that? Why lie about it and most of all... What armor set is that?? I want to buy it!! Why won't you tell me where you got it?

@TwiztidKidd:

Never got an answer.

maneki_neko ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 3:21 AM
Wolfenshire posted at 12:06 AM Tue, 18 April 2023 - #4462536

@maneki_neko  I've removed the spam comment.

thanks a lot ^^

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2023 at 4:42 PM

This thread is resolved. Please sitemail wheatpenny if you experience SPAM.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.