Tue, Oct 22, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Why hasn't the official POSER13 forum been launched yet?

MNE ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 4:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:45 AM

Why hasn't the official POSER13 forum been launched yet?

At the time of POSER12, the feature request forum was started early and the POSER12 forum was also started early, but the POSER13 forum has not been started yet, even though the release date is expected.

Does this mean that Bondware does not consider the POSER market that important?

At this point, it is probably too late for a feature request forum. But don't we all need an official POSER13 forum?

The more POSER13 is discussed in the POSER12 forum from now on, the more confusing it will be for new users due to the mix of content.

In order to expand the POSER world, I would like you to manage the forum in a friendly way so that newcomers and those returning to the POSER world will not feel lost.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 5:02 PM

We are still 2 months out from the release date.  And that date is March 23rd.  How early would you like that forum to start?

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 9:08 PM
hborre posted at 5:02 PM Tue, 24 January 2023 - #4454569

We are still 2 months out from the release date.  And that date is March 23rd.  How early would you like that forum to start?

The release date for Poser 13 is March 23rd?  I was under the impression the email about Poser 13's debut would be March '23, which to me means some time in March 2023.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2023 at 9:34 PM

SONOFAB_____!!!!  You're right!!!!  I misread the news release.  Heck, it could be earlier than I thought.  Thanks for the correction.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2023 at 11:31 AM

You are quite welcome.  🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

cabled ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 2:23 PM

So if things are still on track for March, we're no more than 3 weeks away from Poser 13 and the silence is...deafening.  Not encouraging.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 2:50 PM

Because there wouldn't be any positive threads in it - and 'Rosity forum mods handle negativity about as well as the mods in Utah.

The "major" feature that Bondware has been hyping for Poser 13 was dropped.

Bondware can't/won't give us any information on what/if we are getting a new figure (based on the dropped "feature") that will be ignored by both vendors and the userbase.

The other (minor) things we know about aren't quantified, and the devs have made it clear they don't want to talk about it.

No point in having one until Poser 13 launches.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 6:04 PM · edited Fri, 10 March 2023 at 6:05 PM

Might get P13 if it comes with a AI that adapts all the older stuff to high standard automatically :) This would give the possibilities dusting out all the old stuff , there are not so many new high end releases for Poser  past years ( Would be a good compensation), "Ohh" and if that call home system gets removed <<---- big bug, also all the older pythons get to be working again as nothing comparable can be found in releases after the Python upgrade. Ok would be cool if the new Figure can talk ( AI ) could build in all tutorials right into her and communicate like with Alexa. Would be of great help for beginners :)   call her Miss Poser ! 

Not asking much ( Most is just to bring back some older Improvements that got removed )  This might already be a good reason getting P13 

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 6:28 PM

Sure would be a "Bummer" if the new Poser start up figure would be a virtual Voice assistance, a whole new marketing strategy. You could ask for help and she would show you visually how it can be done right in poser :)  There AI could find a good place in Poser. Guess at this point all that jumped to DS would jump back to Poser . But who knows might even be the big plan, as it is held so hard as TOP SECRET !  And if not take it as a hint for the future Poser evolution "built with AI".

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 8:41 PM

But won't you need Poser to call home for the AI to work?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 10:33 PM

Vopehov506, Python 2 isn't coming back. 

Ever. 

It was EoLed in 2015 - it was supposed to be EoLed in 2010.

The only way the DS folks would come back is if Bondware developed a DS to Poser Bridge.  They could do it, using the DS to Blender bridge as a starting point (Apache license allows it).

The question is could Bondware put their ego aside to make it happen.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2023 at 11:10 PM · edited Fri, 10 March 2023 at 11:12 PM

Yep.

Probably the only way that Poser could become profitable again, is to make it 100% compatible with Studio.

I'm afraid even the most well designed Poser figure won't be able to lure the old Poser top vendors back in.

Not to mention that since "The Rift" Daz was able to nurture a whole new generation of highly professional content creators.

Problem is that I, umm, "strongly dislike" Genesis 9 just as much as I "strongly dislike" any native Poser figures since Poser 6.

It's basically like they took notes on everything I always wanted the "ideal" Poser figure to be:

a) Simple & robust cr2 using simple morphs instead of complicated armatures

b) Easy to modify/hack even for hobbyists

c) Highly developed "smart" mesh topology to maximize built in muscle detail but minimize polygon count

d) Rigging made IN Poser optimized FOR Poser

e) User friendly mapping

...and then decided to do the complete opposite ! Lol !

But still, full DAZ compatibility would be the best realistic option to guarantee Poser's survival in the long run.

But I'm good, either way. Still enough life left in those old meshes and Poser 11 to keep me occupied for the foreseeable future.

And on the plus side, we'll probably see some very entertaining Poser drama in the weeks to come.

;-)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 10:49 AM · edited Sat, 11 March 2023 at 10:51 AM

Don't kid yourself, Joe. Full Studio compatibility isn't the answer. First off, both programs seem to be in a state of constant development at this point, so basically we're talking two moving targets. Only one program works on Macs. At least, Studio never did when I was on the Mac. I don't honestly think DAZ WANTS compatibility with Poser anymore. Maybe they did back in 2009, but since then they've become even more divergent in their development. No, I think it would be best for Poser to go it's own way, stop trying to win back old customers who have abandoned us, and start working to bring in new ones.

cabled ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 12:16 PM
EClark1894 posted at 10:49 AM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458117

... and start working to bring in new ones.

With what?  At this point the only thing Poser has going for it is the easy to use interface.  It has very little compelling content*, it doesn't bridge easily to *anything* any more as near as I can tell (and if it does, bondware can't be bothered to write any decent tutorials on how), its export tools are abysmal, and of its render engines, one dates back 6 or 7 versions at least and the other is a sorta-implemented version of another developer's. (Though the new surface implementation in P12 was at least a step in the right direction.)

More and more I see less reasons to use it stand alone, and no reason to use it in any kind of pipeline.

Lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth as I see it.  I love Poser, been a user since P4, bought every version from P7 to P11 though probably could have stayed with 2014.  Couldn't see what P12 brought to my table.  Can't, at this point, see what 13 is going to either but maybe they'll surprise me.  Even hope only has value for so long though.

(* If not for the miles deep content catalogue of V4/M4 I think poser would have faded out long ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are still the most used poser figures.  Once upon a time Poser and DAZ needed each other...now Poser just needs DAZ, tough as that is to hear.)

I'll be over here now trying on my new outfit as "most reviled person on the message boards..."

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 2:18 PM · edited Sat, 11 March 2023 at 2:20 PM
cabled posted at 12:16 PM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458127
EClark1894 posted at 10:49 AM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458117

... and start working to bring in new ones.

With what?  At this point the only thing Poser has going for it is the easy to use interface.  It has very little compelling content*, it doesn't bridge easily to *anything* any more as near as I can tell (and if it does, bondware can't be bothered to write any decent tutorials on how), its export tools are abysmal, and of its render engines, one dates back 6 or 7 versions at least and the other is a sorta-implemented version of another developer's. (Though the new surface implementation in P12 was at least a step in the right direction.)

More and more I see less reasons to use it stand alone, and no reason to use it in any kind of pipeline.

Lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth as I see it.  I love Poser, been a user since P4, bought every version from P7 to P11 though probably could have stayed with 2014.

Need I remind you that Poser was already a going concern when Studio came along? True, you may have to actually dump some features that work now, but only for the moment. Poser is a hodge podge of tech that other companies created. Poser\s biggest flaw at the moment is that it wants to keep using this tech that no one is currently developing, and as a result Poser falls further and further behind. If you're going to license tech, at least license tech that's still being developed and worked on.

Get a stable of Renderosity artists together to create content for you, figures, clothes, props, even shaders and arrange it all in a catalog so it's easy to look up and find. Right now, Renderosity is just a collection of stores by different artists, who are making what sells best for them.  Also, push the Poser stuff... hard. It's okay to sell stuff for Studio, but it's not and shouldn't be your bread and butter. If Renderosity doesn't believe in Poser, why should anyone else?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 9:08 PM

You are right about that, EClark.

Rosity does need subcontract with vendors, so that whatever figure flops out the door with the release of Poser 13 at least gets basics.

That has been the biggest problem - the last two figures still lack a basic wardrobe, because the few vendors that do make content for them, simply aren't interested in making them.

Once I have run most of my M4/V4 content through whichever conversion product works best - any native content has to be better than what I have converted.

And most of it isn't.

The good news is that Ken1171's scripts are really good at moving DS content into Poser.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 9:40 PM
ssgbryan posted at 9:08 PM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458175

You are right about that, EClark.

Rosity does need subcontract with vendors, so that whatever figure flops out the door with the release of Poser 13 at least gets basics.

The good news is that Ken1171's scripts are really good at moving DS content into Poser.

I won't argue with the quality of Ken's work, but at best it is only a stopgap move. I'll say it again because it bears repeating, Renderosity needs to commission a stable of vendors to make clothes and props for it's Poser figures. The vendors will be paid for their work upfront, and Renderosity will have content for it's Poser figures ready to go.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 11:27 PM

That has been the biggest problem - the last two figures still lack a basic wardrobe,

What do you consider a basic wardrobe?

wfbp1w ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 1:37 AM

I Thing basic wear, (Bra, Panties, shorts) if I remember right those undies came with the V4/M4 and all Genesis basic essentials sets

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 10:33 AM

AmbientShade posted at 11:27 PM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458180

That has been the biggest problem - the last two figures still lack a basic wardrobe,

What do you consider a basic wardrobe?

A week's worth of clothing that can be worn in an office environment.

Neither LF or LH have that.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 6:51 PM · edited Sun, 12 March 2023 at 6:54 PM

Basic wardrobe? Let's skip the underwear although she will need it too. How about a skirt, pair of pants, blouse, or shirt, and maybe a pair of shorts. Flats and a pair of heels just to start?

I'd also like to reiterate a catalog set up like my content directory that would make shopping for stuff a lot easier.

MNE ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 11:17 AM

Does Rosity not want active communication about POSER13?

Why is there still no official POSER13 forum when there are so many more posts about POSER13?

Will POSER13 posts be ignored until it is released?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 11:23 AM

Probably, especially since there is literally no official commo about it since announcing what *won't * be in the release.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 11:57 AM

I want clothing like the Valiant and Courageous packs for M4 and V4. Bodysuits are great, and LF has at least three, but Valiant and Courageous allow you to make a variety of fantasy, SF, and contemporary clothing that's NOT skintight. The tunic has "belt" morphs and material zones that let you turn it into a shirt or shorter tunic or dress, the pants have "boots" morphs, the boot decorations can be hidden if want them plain, etc. Just an incredibly versatile pack.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 12:08 PM

And what would you discuss in this new forum?  The only people currently that have access to Poser 13 can't discuss it so all you would have is a bunch of speculation about what it will or will not have.  And then if they removed all the wrong comments be accused of trying to whitewash it.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 4:02 PM

randym77 posted at 11:57 AM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458712

I want clothing like the Valiant and Courageous packs for M4 and V4. Bodysuits are great, and LF has at least three, but Valiant and Courageous allow you to make a variety of fantasy, SF, and contemporary clothing that's NOT skintight. The tunic has "belt" morphs and material zones that let you turn it into a shirt or shorter tunic or dress, the pants have "boots" morphs, the boot decorations can be hidden if want them plain, etc. Just an incredibly versatile pack.

All of my characters wear Valiant or Courageous (my graphic novels are for ST (TOS).  They are so easy to move between characters.

I have created extra tunic colors (Gray - Logistics, Admin; Green - Weapons, Security); reworked all of the badges (Captain has the ship badge - everyone else has a division badge).

MNE ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 6:24 AM
Richard60 posted at 12:08 PM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458713

And what would you discuss in this new forum?  The only people currently that have access to Poser 13 can't discuss it so all you would have is a bunch of speculation about what it will or will not have.  And then if they removed all the wrong comments be accused of trying to whitewash it.

Aren't hopes, observations, requests, speculation, and opinions and refuge from currently published information all part of the value of a forum's existence?
When a wrong opinion or evacuation is made, we all consider whether it is correct or not.
And then, we express our own (not necessarily correct) opinion on it.
Ask questions about what you don't understand or wonder about.
And then answer them freely.
That is the forum.
A forum is not a forum if it consists only of what is right and what is known.
Isn't it important to be able to have free discussions?

MNE ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 12:52 PM

In new news.

Are you excited about Poser 13? What are you looking forward to the mostShare your thoughts in the Poser forums!

And there was.

However, I have yet to find an official forum for POSER13.

Why?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2023 at 1:20 PM

Because it hasn't officially been released yet.

The same question keeps cropping up and the same answer is being given.  When the software is available for purchase then the Poser 13 forum will appear, just like what happened with Poser 12.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2023 at 2:02 AM
Richard60 posted at 12:08 PM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458713

Seems to me there has already been plenty of talk about it base on news released, and it's scattered all over the forums, not in just a specified place.  Everything may be speculation until it's officially release, but that doesn't mean it isn't being talked about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2023 at 6:37 AM

Has there been an announcement of any delay? As I write this March only has another 12 days.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2023 at 9:50 AM

No delay announcements yet.  AFAIK, they may release the software on the very last day of the month.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 6:51 AM

So it's today, right?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:29 AM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:30 AM
Forum Coordinator
Nevertrumper posted at 6:51 AM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459319

So it's today, right?
No. This has been discussed at nauseam. The '23' indicates the year, not the day.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:37 AM
FVerbaas posted at 7:29 AM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459320

So it's today, right?
No. This has been discussed at nauseam. The '23' indicates the year, not the day.
2023?
so not 2123 or 2223, right?

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:25 PM

Nevertrumper posted at 7:37 AM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459321

FVerbaas posted at 7:29 AM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459320

So it's today, right?
2023?
so not 2123 or 2223, right?
they said it is right around the 

OmjTfUA8ctvBMpb7eCi8TsZCg4pTrHrY4UapA8br.gif

Corner

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:36 PM
vopehov506 posted at 12:25 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459331

they said it is right around the 

Corner

Cs1AKN2rIi4jcLdmhOJ2H0gJO3CRJ6mWf9oE2Ohw.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:38 PM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 12:38 PM

And if you get Poser 12 now saving 25 % you get poser 13 for only 99$ ( Big Sale )  you are even allowed to keep both licenses

QWyAgNSS7RMVkowiNCQPYoFwjNr7wlFi9ntwjxmQ.gif

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 2:04 PM
vopehov506 posted at 12:38 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459337

And if you get Poser 12 now saving 25 % you get poser 13 for only 99$ ( Big Sale )  you are even allowed to keep both licenses

What about those who have Poser 12, would the upgrade price be $99?  Just curious.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 2:45 PM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 2:45 PM

jartz posted at 2:04 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459345

vopehov506 posted at 12:38 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459337

What about those who have Poser 12, would the upgrade price be $99?  Just curious.
f5ngZcqrHMCVCKeM5AoxQY2UxidEQRiNz6VPzAGB.gif

They made it all such a big secret that Poser existence almost vanished from the surface of existence 

TigdJdmyMkDIlXeb85AFzYnucIMZJdanVvuzTDD9.gif

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 4:57 PM

In case this is of interest, the release date is March 30th, based on the Posersoftware.com article just released. 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 5:54 PM

Rhia474 posted at 4:57 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459369

In case this is of interest, the release date is March 30th, based on the Posersoftware.com article just released. 

It is... 7dims0AFyvat6tptyk8AX4d4kRY6FfMYb4cxwjEZ.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 6:30 PM · edited Thu, 23 March 2023 at 6:34 PM

gxYmHpBAA3vgDs7bmNGUViFo51bwNTBXfxAJQeKE.gif

what happen to the new flagship doll ...? Where did it go?

PfFshE3TBGTuOGEuBUDz6QUPp5I4dl5qohtaaM73.gif

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:33 PM

Oh man, this is gonna be a long week, they should have added a pre-order option somewhere! 😄

jjde48hSQy1L4kq6Yf520QaIBkaus49KmSOYTSQs.gif

Credits: https://tenor.com/search/waiting-gifs

EVargas.Art

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 8:48 PM

So we should see a new forum for Poser 13 the end of next week?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 8:55 PM
evargas posted at 7:33 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459384

Oh man, this is gonna be a long week, they should have added a pre-order option somewhere! 😄

jjde48hSQy1L4kq6Yf520QaIBkaus49KmSOYTSQs.gif

Credits: https://tenor.com/search/waiting-gifs

A pre order would have been a nice option, I would have used it.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 5:01 AM · edited Fri, 24 March 2023 at 5:01 AM

"YES" Preorder is good

i8FBJhyX4zvTFDVjxmIfES6Jx7sCrzwX5iGqJFi8.gif

In case they run out of stock

7LnAfsqTKb1c69VzB8XALeioMMInaOIPuYtvKqeT.gif

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.