Fri, Oct 4, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:11 pm)

Subject: How do you make a movie in Poser 13?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 8:26 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

Hi everyone

I'm back again, every time I get a new version there are always things I don't get.

I'm working my way through it and I got to the point where I'm trying to make a sample animation, I want to see if it's really faster and how much.

Here's the problem, when I click on Make Movie it goes to a new window.

I can understand most of it, you now select the size and kind of fire you want to output in the lower left area of the Window.

So I did, I selected AVI uncompressed. That's very fast to render for things that are small clips when you don't care about the size of it.

Here's the problem, when I get it all set up, the only option on the page is Render Images.

No matter what I put in the output information when I start the process, it just renders PNG files.

How can I get it to do the many other options that it shows when I select something?

Any help is welcome,

I didn't have to ask how to get a clean starting window this time.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:01 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2023 at 9:02 PM
Forum Moderator

1. Choose the render mode

2. Chose the output folder

3. Choose format

4. Check all 3 boxes for the old style behavior.

5. Render images is "Make Movie" does the same thing as the old make movie.

EXCEPT ... right now if you have audio in the scene it's not being added to the movie file as it should. That's a bug and we'll fix it.

Poser has always rendered the image sequence like this but it was done in a way hidden from view. SO now there's some stuff you can do easier. if you don't delete the images. you can re-render a portion of a render sequence and then use the Encode Images button to re-encode the movie.

If your render gets interrupted you can re-start the sequence render from where ever it left off.

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 2:38 AM · edited Sun, 23 April 2023 at 2:40 AM
MikeMoss posted at 8:26 PM Sat, 22 April 2023 - #2978909

Hi everyone

I'm back again, every time I get a new version there are always things I don't get.

I'm working my way through it and I got to the point where I'm trying to make a sample animation, I want to see if it's really faster and how much.

Here's the problem, when I click on Make Movie it goes to a new window.

I can understand most of it, you now select the size and kind of fire you want to output in the lower left area of the Window.

So I did, I selected AVI uncompressed. That's very fast to render for things that are small clips when you don't care about the size of it.

Here's the problem, when I get it all set up, the only option on the page is Render Images.

No matter what I put in the output information when I start the process, it just renders PNG files.

How can I get it to do the many other options that it shows when I select something?

Any help is welcome,

I didn't have to ask how to get a clean starting window this time.

Mike

I'm not a fan of the changes to movie exporting myself.  The previously quick and simple process is more inconvenient and a little problematic (at least for me as an animator).  Hopefully it comes back around in a future version. 

Before you export, be extra careful to check the output file name is correct each time.  This is a new problem to be aware of.   It will no longer automatically update the filename when you save new versions of your Poser scene.  This makes it very easy to accidentally overwrite your last export. 

Previs Dummies 2

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 12:53 PM

That worked, funny thing though, it still said that it was writing .png files in the progress window while it was doing it.  The other thing was that all the .png files that I created earlier would not let my batch delete them.  I started doing them one at a time, but I finally got tired of it, I removed the other files that I had in the folder and then deleted the folder.

I don't know why I couldn't bath select them, but they weren't protected from being deleted.  Weird.  I've been doing animated stuff with Poser for years, but every new version adds something strange.

I still wish they would restore the old easy option for adding textures and colors to the figures and props. 

I opened an untextured dog model in the Material Room, and I read everything I still couldn't figure out how to apply the texture to it, it said that I should drag the texture from the library, but I wasn't able to get anything to drag to the frame on the right side of the window from anyplace.  All the props were clearly listed on the left side, but I couldn't get them applied to the dialog on the right side.  Why can't I just click All and have a button to apply them?

Well, I can't get my spell checker to admit that "untextured" is a word either.

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2023 at 2:14 AM

@MikeMoss I think Poser creates first the images and after the images are done, it creates a movie file like AVI or Mpeg4 for example.
The reason why you are unable to delete the image files might be that you have Poser still running.
Windows does not allow files to be deleted who are used in the cache of said Program, even if the actual process is done.
If you close Poser the cache will be erased and you have full access to the files again.

Hope that helped.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2023 at 2:54 AM

It looks like DAIN's way of creating/enhancing a movie

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2023 at 3:37 PM

Thanks for the information, I kind of figured that out when I finally made a short test video.

So far, it does seem to run faster and do some things better than the earlier versions.   It seems to me that it handles shadows better in Preview mode, which is a big factor for me because I never render anything that is going to be video.  I usually had to turn them off, but they seem to look pretty good on the few things I've done.

I figured out a long time ago that rendering things in preview mode at high resolutions is much faster than actually running them through a render engine.

Once they are reduced to the size you want or in my case I leave them at 3440 by 1440, so they are full screen on my monitor, they look nearly as good and in a fraction of the time. 

Now it's time to do a test with speech and run it through my editor and see how it goes. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.