Thu, Sep 19, 5:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 2:37 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Applying Textures

JimX ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2023 at 6:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:30 PM

I am just getting back into Poser after a long hiatus. I was active in the Poser 4 era, and now I'm trying to get back-- taking advantage of the free 21-day trial of the Mac version of Poser 12, to see if I can do it. So far, I'm doing pretty well, but I am stuck on one place at this point.

I bought Girl Next Door 4.2 and a couple of other figures. I have been able to INJ the Girl Next Door Body into Victoria 4, and INJ the head for one of the other figures into V4. Now I would like to apply a customized set of body/face textures to all parts of the combined figure.

Many thanks for any tips on how to get started applying the textures.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2023 at 9:38 PM

If the custom skin textures aren't in the Library already, you will need to go into the Material Room and apply the textures manually to each Material Zone of the figure.  This will require knowing where the particular textures are located in the first place.

bobbesch ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 5:38 AM
Online Now!

Try these steps: 

9bAPJVUFC3NOBWcySVPTV3UEGh7myFpnmwXqb6YG.png

JimX ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 10:24 AM

OK. Materials Room seems appropriate, but it is totally new territory for me.

I have a private Runtime called "Vic 4" for all my Victoria 4 related stuff. The customized textures are in the Textures folder in that Runtime. However, when I get to the Materials Room, with my modified Victoria 4 figure selected, there don't seem to be any Materials as bobbesch so helpfully suggested. 

How do I find the textures that I want?

PXbm3cjSRLFrW4RqF2QNy05HBKXaulAgz6tEGh5D.png

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 11:44 AM

Unfortunately, bobbesch neglected to inform you that Mat Files can be found under the Pose Category of your Library.  Honest mistake, not all material files can be found in the Material section.

JimX ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 3:06 PM · edited Fri, 28 April 2023 at 3:06 PM

OK! Thanks to both of you. You sure got me on the right track!

The process I used in the Material Room was as follows:

lZw9rTOpdtC4iDNJ9nEy3vUPh1vUzJoHHDAryr9w.jpg

1. Select the body part. That brings up the little "Color_Texture" window.

2. Click on the value for the Image Source. That brings up the "Texture Manager" window.

3. Click on the "Browse" button. That brings up the file selection window.

4. Browse through the files until I found the texture I wanted. Double click on that.

5. Click on OK, and the new texture is applied.

It's a little tedious to fro this for each of about a dozen parts, but it works!

Many thanks!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 3:56 PM · edited Fri, 28 April 2023 at 3:57 PM
Online Now!
JimX posted at 3:06 PM Fri, 28 April 2023 - #4463683

You may know it already, or not: just be careful with Vic4's 2_SkinHead: ir belongs to Vic4's Body part which is what its name is not indicating (it's the back of the head, plus the ears)
Each part is prefixed with the corresponding digit.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 4:00 PM

Change the Diffuse color chip on the PoserSurface to white for all the skin textures, that was a hack from the older versions.  Also, turn off the ambient value, set that to zero, and change the chip to black.  Again, that was a hold-over hack that is no longer necessary.  If you use any greyscale maps like a specular, a bump, a displacement, etc., select and change the custom Gamma value to 1 in the Texture Manager, otherwise, you will see weird effects.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 4:02 PM

OMG, that Material Room skin shader is a mess.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.