Mon, Jul 8, 1:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 11:17 am)

Subject: Michael 4 Morphs

mrothello ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 11:05 PM · edited Sun, 07 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

My morphs for Michael 4 aren't working in Poser 13. Any ideas?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 7:18 AM

Is this a new install of the morph package?

mrothello ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 1:55 PM

No. But i tried re-installing the morphs, but that didn't work.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 2:48 PM
Online Now!

When you say they don't work what do you mean? The store-bought M4 morphs? Something you made and saved? Are the morphs in the same runtime as the M4 figure? Are they initialized?

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 2:55 PM · edited Thu, 04 May 2023 at 2:56 PM

The V4 and M4 morph packages come with a BAT file that creates the morph dependencies so that the morphs work.

You SHOULD find it in the Runtime > Libraries > !DAZ folder. The filename is something like DzCreateExPFiles-(charactername).BAT

Run that batch file and a whole pile of files will be created while the DOS window displays the progress. Hopefully the morphs will work after that.

mrothello ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 4:39 PM

When I add a morph from the library, the morphs don't show up under morphs in the parameters tab. The morphs I'm referring to are the original ones that came from Daz when Mike 4 was launched. I will give the BAT file thing a try. thanks!

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 4:42 PM

Yeah that BAT thing was the first introduction to what we now know as INJ/REM morphs. The base CR2 had placeholders for the morph data in it, but in order to actually ADD the morph data into the CR2 you had to run that BAT file. IIRC, all the "Millenium 4" figures had those BAT files.

That SHOULD make them work. If not, something else is amiss.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 5:54 PM
Online Now!

Yep, they did. When I acquired them, I was told they need to be installed in the same runtime the main figure was installed, plus run the BAT files. I went ahead and injected them all into a M4 figure, then saved that figure to my library so I don't have to do it all over again. Did the same to V4 before Sasha came out.

noxiart ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 1:36 AM

AFAIK the injection files also MUST not be compressed.

So if you let Poser compress (all) your runtime(s) to save space, these injection files must be uncompressed separately again.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 7:35 AM

That might be something to note, however, the OP does not elaborate any further about how the files were manipulated before this problem.  To offer this solution without further information may confuse the user.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 7:05 PM

I've always had to copy the !DAZ folder in Libraries into the main Poser runtime when I install a new version of Poser. Poser doesn't seem to find it if it's in an external runtime.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 8:08 PM

It's much easier to activate the morph channels and save the figure back to the Library so you can use it from any runtime.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 11:44 AM
hborre posted at 8:08 PM Sat, 6 May 2023 - #4464496

It's much easier to activate the morph channels and save the figure back to the Library so you can use it from any runtime.

For some reason that doesn't work very well for me. Even with the same version of Poser, I often have to re-inject the morphs in a saved figure.

When I loaded a saved M4 for the first time in Poser 13, it gave me an error message about being unable to find [morph names]. Copied the !DAZ folder over from Poser 11, and all was well.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 11:53 AM · edited Sun, 07 May 2023 at 11:55 AM
randym77 posted at 11:44 AM Sun, 7 May 2023 - #4464558
hborre posted at 8:08 PM Sat, 6 May 2023 - #4464496

For some reason that doesn't work very well for me. Even with the same version of Poser, I often have to re-inject the morphs in a saved figure.

When I loaded a saved M4 for the first time in Poser 13, it gave me an error message about being unable to find [morph names]. Copied the !DAZ folder over from Poser 11, and all was well.

Before you save it you'll need to uncheck "Use External Binary Morphs" in Poser preferences. That will embed the morphs inside the CR2 instead of generating a separate PMD file for the morph data. Yeah it will be a big file but you won't have to worry about re-injecting them anymore.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 1:56 PM

I always have "use external binary morphs" unchecked. It's less buggy than it used to be, but as of Poser 11 I've still had it occasionally nuke hours of work due to corrupting the file. The last time, I had ten figures, all dressed and posed.

I ended up going through the CR2 in a text editor, and removing all the calls to external morphs. The file opened then. The figures were all in their default settings, so I had to re-create all the characters, but it was better than having to dress and pose them all again.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 6:48 PM
randym77 posted at 1:56 PM Sun, 7 May 2023 - #4464576

I always have "use external binary morphs" unchecked. It's less buggy than it used to be, but as of Poser 11 I've still had it occasionally nuke hours of work due to corrupting the file. The last time, I had ten figures, all dressed and posed.

I ended up going through the CR2 in a text editor, and removing all the calls to external morphs. The file opened then. The figures were all in their default settings, so I had to re-create all the characters, but it was better than having to dress and pose them all again.

It was years ago when something similar happened to me, now the first thing I do after updating Poser is to uncheck the use external binary morphs.  Lots of people have said it is better now but it is a question of once bitten twice shy for me.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2023 at 10:58 PM
Online Now!

What's the advantage of creating that external file? Even if it works, it seems like it just creates the opportunity to accidentally separate two files that are useless without each other, not to mention cluttering up folders.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2023 at 6:32 AM
ChromeStar posted at 10:58 PM Sun, 7 May 2023 - #4464644

What's the advantage of creating that external file? Even if it works, it seems like it just creates the opportunity to accidentally separate two files that are useless without each other, not to mention cluttering up folders.

I think a read somewhere that it actually saved disk space but that was at a time when disc storage was a lot more expensive than it is today.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

mrothello ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2023 at 10:18 AM

The BAT fix worked! Thanks. After reading your reply, I remembered that you did have to activate something from Daz before you could use the morphs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.