Thu, Oct 3, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Mosaic MT5 For Poser 6+ (Firefly)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:23 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:28 PM

This is the supporting topic for my "Mosaic MT5 For Poser 6+ (Firefly)" freebie in the Renderosity Free Stuff.

I created this several years ago, around 2016 I think, just for fun.

Please feel free to post comments (good or bad - constructive criticism preferred), suggestions for improvement, and/or questions about this freebie here.

Link to item in Renderosity Free Stuff: Mosaic MT5 For Poser 6+ (Firefly) (renderosity.com)

Alternative link to item at ShareCG: Mosaic MT5 For Poser - Poser - ShareCG

152642.jpg

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:25 AM

Here's the original description from 2016:

Another little toy I've had sitting around for a while - a Poser 6 shader that creates a very simple mosaic (a square grid of square tiles) from any image you want. Simply apply the shader, go to the advanced tab of the material room, and set the 'Image_Source' parameter of the 'IMAGE_FOR_MOSAIC' node to the image of your choice.

The default image is my 'StillLifeSample.jpg' (which is in the zip, along with the other image used by the shader 'Noise1.jpg' - that's the same image as used in some of my previous uploads), and the 'NUMBER_OF_TILES' is set to 25 - you'll probably want to increase this to 100 or more depending on what you apply it to. You probably also want to change the 'GROUT_COLOUR' to suit your image.

The shader uses displacement so you need to ensure you have that enabled in your render settings.

When you adjust the 'NUMBER_OF_TILES'  the spacing and amount of displacement are modified accordingly.

Just copy the contents of the Runtime folder in the zip file to whatever runtime you usually put my stuff in.

There's no readme, just the images on this page and this text. Have fun playing with it.

(MT5 created from Poser 6 so it'll work at least that far back)

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:25 AM

This is the included sample image.

QquPAMCGtpVTYnNZKPez9VqvKmQVZ2zl4RJghCgE.jpg

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:28 AM · edited Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:31 AM

This image gives you an indication of how changing NUMBER_OF_TILES affects the output. 

(Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer image not included).

qGE8mZLsEw7oNuQB1vtXoLJvwxmv4TtrUyc8YRvK.jpg

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2023 at 6:29 AM

And this is an annotated screenshot of the shader.

0CSnkReITSkNdLZJfLBYDjkUz4xqLJ18II2BB92P.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.