Mon, Jul 8, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Prime Membership Cost...not happy at all

GGreen ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2023 at 8:42 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 5:08 AM

I am so disappointed with the new Prime Membership Price of $54.95. I can see the need for a small increase, but my goodness that is a bit too much. Does this mean that the Prime Membership Cost for each item will be much lower? Say instead of $4.50 will it be $2.25?  What will be the advantage to the customer to pay the larger membership fee?  Will the coupon rate be higher say 50% off instead of what we currently get? What is the incentive to continue with the prime membership? Will you match the benefits we currently get with the Daz Store membership?   What are the benefits of this price increase?

shonsu ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2023 at 11:11 AM

I hadn't checked renewal price until I read GGreen's post and I'm totally in agreement with their comments as well.   How is the cost of $54.95 justified from previous cost of $29.99?  

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2023 at 4:09 PM

i would imagine it's due to a combination of factors, such as the general rise of cost for just about anything these days, and more & more folks are exploring AI generated art and putting monies instead to those type of endeavours currently rather than 3D. plus, not too sure that sales for Poser13 have been as successful as they might've hoped, and it is Bondware's, Rendo's parent company, flagship 3D software, and paying developers prolly isn't cheap, or cheap enough.  i'm willing to bet there are other reasons beyond just those, though...

it does seem a rather steep increase instead of the typical business model of gradual increases over time.

keep in mind that the site has been gearing more of its sales mechanisms & purchase benefits towards those who carry Prime on their account.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 1:30 AM

I had a Prime membership back in the days when everything was $3.50 ...

Karth ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 2:07 AM

Uff..i was on the way to buy a new prime membership. But  54 is way to much money in these times.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 5:06 AM
Site Admin

I was going through my old purchases. In 2013 I paid 79.96 for Prime, then in 2018 I paid 29.99, and now in 2023 its gone back up, but not as high as it was. I didn't buy Prime this year because a 45K stay in ICU broke the bank. Anyway, I was surprised when it dropped as low as it did, so, five years at a bargain price was nice. No clue why they had to raise it, but everything has gone up. I stopped eating eggs for breakfast because 10.00 for a dozen eggs was crazy. Who knows, maybe it will drop again if the economy improves. I'm just grateful it was as low as it was for as long as it was. Now, if someone can work on getting gasoline to drop back to a reasonable price, I'd really be happy.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 6:54 PM · edited Tue, 04 July 2023 at 7:03 PM

In a time where you can make art with just a few promps / keywords, i think it is unwise to go up in price.

Why should a starter wanting to invest in 3d products when AI can get it cheap as not for free?

As European I think paying 54.95, or any price at all, to get a bit of reasonable price for mostly old stuff is insane.

If I need for example pirate stuff, there are more shops than this one to get it. If another shop offers new items for half the price, I go to shop there. And when bought, a person only needs one or two sets of pirate items and then it's done.

I started with Poser, but more and more Poser makes a distance from me. The lack of Windows 7 support and DSON starting from Poser 12, high product prices for old items, the removal of V4 items from the store, the push for L' Femme and L' Homme (which I personal think are ugly) and now an extreme premium price.

I have a warm feeling for this shop, but some choices I think are not community served, unwise and custumer/ supporter unfriendly.

When sales are dropping don't blame AI, but the choices made the last few years.

Just a personal opinion.

thistledown ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2023 at 11:31 AM

I was going to let my membership lapse since most stores don't accept the coupons anyways.  Now I'll definitely drop it.

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2023 at 3:50 AM · edited Sun, 16 July 2023 at 3:52 AM

I let mine lapse when it was $30 because business has been horrible, so I've been cutting back. I was trying to scrape together $30 but now it's $55 ??

WHY? Going up is bad enough, but it's almost TWICE as much!!

You're making some bad choices. This constant purging of your marketplace with "Retirement" items. Now this??

KCMustang ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2023 at 4:16 AM

Just went to renew and saw the massive increase in price. it now costs more than Daz+ on one of their regular specials and they give weekly freebies and more.

After adding up my purchases in the past 12 months it's not worth renewing so I will be lapsing too.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2023 at 8:47 AM

I renewed, but this may be the last year unless there is a significant increase in quality of new Poser products and marketing.  I don't do DAZ  products at all but use their membership over there for the old discounted content that still works for Poser, and am not happy with the almost doubling of price for membership here with no comparable benefits and dwindling product variety and quality.

I am happy with Poser 13 itself but not how the product marketing and sales are handled.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 6:53 PM

Prices are set at (insert price) to achieve a sales goal. It is not rocket science.

Businesses have to make money to survive. 

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 7:30 PM

I work in sales. I understand that part completely. The non-communication about it and the again, almost doubling the price is what I personally take as yet another sign of severe marketing issues.

mytheos ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 7:43 PM

>> Businesses have to make money to survive. 

that's such a simplistic argument..

there is normal price increases and this fleecing your customer..

nearly doubling the cost without any obvious advantage is closer to the second..

plus they took the rewards away from non-prime customer... no more accumulation of points to redeem for coupons... that's a pretty desperate move

they also need to consider how many customers they'll lose as a result of this...

charging (insert price) does not mean (insert wanted customer) will buy the product...

so they may overall lose money despite the price increase... hence not meeting the "sales goal"...

so yeah... it's not rocket science... but it's not 1+1 either

me for one they've lost as a prime customer... and i've noticed i buy a lot less since my prime ended...

that's another correlation they need to keep in mind

of course they're the only ones that have the actual numbers to decide if it was the right choice

my $0.20.. price adjusted for inflation and then some

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2023 at 12:26 AM
shvrdavid posted at 6:53 PM Fri, 21 July 2023 - #4470768

Prices are set at (insert price) to achieve a sales goal. It is not rocket science.

Businesses have to make money to survive. 

Nonsense. If you price your customers out then you LOSE money. All these "retirement" purges are hurting the company. Rendo was a place I used for older items. Business has been bad for most artists I know. I work in the industry too, & right now we're on strike. So, it's been a mess. PLUS, I'm seeing better art being made with prompts, which I despise, but what to do? I was scraping together $30 to get my lapsed membership back, but now it's twice as much! No explanation. More bad business moves from Rendo.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 29 July 2023 at 2:37 PM

If you are selling something and increase your price by +50% and you find out people will keep buying it at +50%, why would you not sell at +50%?

You, the buyer, still have the same purchasing power that you had before. Check your Prime account savings, if when you are trying to decide if you actually need a Prime membership or not: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/account/prime

$29.99 was dirt cheap, so cheap I bought the Prime membership as a gift for a friend here 😄

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:03 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 2:37 PM Sat, 29 July 2023 

You, the buyer, still have the same purchasing power that you had before. Check your Prime account savings, if when you are trying to decide if you actually need a Prime membership or not: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/account/prime

$29.99 was dirt cheap, so cheap I bought the Prime membership as a gift for a friend here 😄

??? No, we don't still have the same buying power! The membership was $30. It was twice that, last I looked. How is that the same power?? If times were better, It might not bother me so much, but as it is, that hike was unexpected & unwelcome. I'm glad things are going great for you, but most people I know are drowning. Me included.

Karth ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 6:07 AM

Honestly.. Nothing that is 2d ,3d or anything else that you buy as download, is essential for survival.

I cancel also many subscriptions and updates in the last 2 years. And i know a lot of ppl are doing the same.

I think that is the wrong way - +50% - to get buyers.

As vendor i loose many customers because of the prices nowadays. 

My 2 ct :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 12:41 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2023 at 12:49 PM

As you well noticed in the past months, they have increased the number of reward points given and they have kept the same prices and sales prices. Giving out reward points to buyers is pretty much like your goverment printing money and giving them out to you, trying to keep the prices down... that will actually create even more inflation, that's for sure.

They can also play the shrinkflation card where they'll take 5 chips out from each bag of potato chips that you buy that's supposed to have 20 chips in it, that way they don't have to raise the price... so now you're paying the same price but your purchasing power dropped considerably.

Now they cannot do that with 3D products, can they... bc they tell you right from the start precisely what you will get in that package that's been sold to you.

GGreen ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 12:56 PM

TwiztidKidd when did they increase the reward points and what was the increase? I am getting the same number of reward points that I have always gotten. No matter how you put it, you can not justify the price increase. The more you try to justify it, the more you are insulting our intelligence, we are not stupid.  Remember purchases here are not a necessity like food, housing, medicine, and real-life things we need to survive.  Basically you either make a change, or suffer the consequences.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:05 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:10 PM

It started back in March this year, I think...

Go to your reward points page: https://www.renderosity.com/rewards

and look at the lower right corner it should look like this:

Notice they don't give back reward points to non-Prime members for their purchases anymore... so there's your shrinkflation.

gqgyCauxn4Hb35AlroQDHsgpZouuIKbGeDJRygYm.PNG

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:17 PM

You don't have to buy anything but you also don't have to tell them how to run their bussiness. I, for one, would love to see this site still being here when I return in ten years from now.

GGreen ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:34 PM

Funny you should say that we don't have the right to tell them how to run their business. In the real world, we do exactly that by boycotting the stores. Whenever that happens one or two things happen, the business shuts down because it can not function if no one is buying or they make the necessary adjustments. I have been a customer a very long time.  I can tell them how they can keep my business.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:43 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:45 PM

See the other ongoing thread: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2978320/render-rewards-points

I'm giving out some free tips on how to make up on the price difference if you read carefully.

I stopped buying Prime in 2020, and decided to just wait for 50% OFF store sales to buy stuff.

I'm sorry to hear you're short on savings. I'm not exactly Mr. MoneyBags either lol

GGreen ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:43 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:46 PM

TwiztidKidd when did they increase the reward points and what was the increase? I am getting the same number of reward points that I have always gotten. No matter how you put it, you can not justify the price increase. The more you try to justify it, the more you are insulting our intelligence, we are not stupid.  Remember purchases here are not a necessity like food, housing, medicine, and real-life things we need to survive.  Basically, they either make a change or suffer the consequences. The rewards that I am interested in are still the same, not interested in the other things listed. Comparing this store to what our government does is really no comparison. You just do not get it, the products here are not necessities. Most of the buyers here are probably just hobbyists. It will be sad to see this store go because people have to choose between what they need to survive and a hobby. In the real world, if something we like costs too much, we stop buying it. The same will happen here. You know what is really crazy about your comments, you are not even a prime member. The little blue key does not show next to your name.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 1:56 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2023 at 2:06 PM

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

I'm retiring from your thread. A fantastic day to you GGreen!

tqCje9safBcojZoPb6L0ezHxfj0W3l5gs6N7uN7p.PNG

Subtract your Prime membership fee from your total savings , if your not happy then... Ohh well

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 4:24 PM
Site Admin

The rewards points changed at the end of March. The increase was from 3 points per image upload to 10 points. They also added 10 points per contest vote. That's an easy way to get another 50 points as the current contest in voting allows for 5 votes per member. https://www.renderosity.com/contests/1607/3rd-annual-swimsuit-contest

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 7:30 PM
Karth posted at 6:07 AM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471608

Honestly.. Nothing that is 2d ,3d or anything else that you buy as download, is essential for survival.

??? No. As an artist, this is part of my business, so it IS essential for survival.  

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 7:33 PM
TwiztidKidd posted at 1:17 PM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471640

You don't have to buy anything but you also don't have to tell them how to run their bussiness. I, for one, would love to see this site still being here when I return in ten years from now.

What a privileged position to take. Their business IS my business. I'm not a hobbyist that can walk away.

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 7:42 PM
GGreen posted at 1:43 PM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471644

TwiztidKidd when did they increase the reward points and what was the increase? I am getting the same number of reward points that I have always gotten. No matter how you put it, you can not justify the price increase. The more you try to justify it, the more you are insulting our intelligence, we are not stupid.  Remember purchases here are not a necessity like food, housing, medicine, and real-life things we need to survive.  Basically, they either make a change or suffer the consequences. The rewards that I am interested in are still the same, not interested in the other things listed. Comparing this store to what our government does is really no comparison. You just do not get it, the products here are not necessities. Most of the buyers here are probably just hobbyists. It will be sad to see this store go because people have to choose between what they need to survive and a hobby. In the real world, if something we like costs too much, we stop buying it. The same will happen here. You know what is really crazy about your comments, you are not even a prime member. The little blue key does not show next to your name.

The professionals here are having a time of it too. A lot of us buy older items & other items that keep getting "retired." Buying power is down for a host of reasons. There are a lot of bad decisions being made. Also since I'm no longer a Prime member I get NO points for purchases. Sigh

Karth ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2023 at 1:20 AM
tsarist posted at 7:30 PM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471666
Karth posted at 6:07 AM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471608

??? No. As an artist, this is part of my business, so it IS essential for survival.  

I think that most of the customer´s here are buying stuff for hobby work not for living. I could be wrong. 

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2023 at 8:58 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2023 at 9:04 PM
GGreen posted at 1:43 PM Tue, 1 August 2023 - #4471644

You know what is really crazy about your comments, you are not even a prime member. The little blue key does not show next to your name.

Can we get a Moderator to move this thread to the Prime Members Only Forum, please? The OP clearly stated they're not interested in what a non-Prime member has to say.

Thank you!

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 12:59 AM

Something to take into consideration.....

With the increasing percentage of folks posting here uploading effort-and-asset-free AI "art" there's probably been quite a drop in marketplace purchase activity. And probably at least 85 - 90 percent of the merchandise available here is DAZ only, which is NOT going to help sales of Poser 13. So, of course that shortfall has to be made up somewhere.

I've been a Prime Member for years, but with living on Social Security only now, the ol' budget gets factored into a lot more things. I'm on the fence regarding Prime. We shall see.....

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

GGreen ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 3:25 AM

Some of us have spent enough at this store over the years to purchase brand new cars. We have been long time customers, and we would like to continue to be customers. The inconsistency in getting coupons on time, skipping on giving us freebies, the increase for prime membership and running two retirement sales at the same time  is making us think that there is something going on behind the scenes. Another thing having to purchase a product twice if you use both Daz and Poser is a killer. At the Daz Store you pay one price and get everything you need to use the product in both Poser and Daz. Some one needs to keep in mind that these multiple retirement sales create a great deal of stress in our lives having to make choices with such a short period of time is not good for us old folks. lol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.