Thu, Oct 10, 12:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Can anyone make Mike better looking?

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:48 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 10:21 AM

file_226975.jpg

I've come to think the real reason that Vicki doesn't come with genitals is that she is avoiding a physical contact with Mike (gee, the Millennium kids must be from a previous marriage). Lately, she saw the "Final Fantasy" movie and wondered why her "man" couldn't look more like the leading man, Grey. She was able to indulge in her fantasies until Mike looked on the net and found that Traveler had come with a solution to HIS problem...genitals for Vicki. At this point, Vicki is considering paying sufficient moo-lah in order to give Mike a face she can stand waking up next to. Otherwise, she's considering divorce and becoming a lesbian (that Vicki is really caught up with her own attractiveness)... So, what I'm hinting at is are there any morphs and textures that can take away the sort of rounded out look that michael has and make him look a lot more attractive with more chiseled features?

Questor ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 7:04 AM

file_226978.jpg

Depends what you mean by more chiselled? This face was done with Mike's built in morphs, so getting sharper angles on his face isn't really that difficult.

khorne ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 11:21 AM

grey has a detailed face, gonna be hard to do ..

nfredman ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 11:36 AM

Honey, we're waiting for Michael 2 to come out before we go there! Then trust me, i'll be on the case. :^) Remember how much howling there was about Victoria 1 being impossible to get to looking non-Victoria before V2 came out? i'm hoping DAZ will solve some of the difficulties for us. For anything M2 doesn't fix--warm up those magnets, fellas, we're goin' in!

fauve ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 2:55 PM

Dang... this doesn't really address the original poster's question, but every time I see a still from Final Fantasy, I am knocked out all over again. For all of the many vendors and artists who claim "Final Fantasy realism" or the much-abused "photorealistic" for their stuff... there's the bar. No one I've seen has managed to reach it, much less raise it, yet. Final Fantasy is the only work I know of that has ever managed to pass the Turing test of 3D -- making computer-generated people that can fool meat people into thinking they're people, too. (I defy anyone to parse that sentence.) An engineer I worked with flatly refused to believe some .mpgs I showed him of Grey and Aki weren't of live actors until I took him to the FF website. That's a hell of a long way from "Money For Nothing." Gives us all something to strive for, I guess. I can't wait to see where 3D animation is in another ten years. -nemo

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 5:09 PM

I have seem Mike look good. Hopefully I have done some stuff that looked good but Mike 2 definately should help. And I am not sure what you mean by soft look. He can be very rough looking and can and does look good. Unfortunately most people seem to click that little add figure button and that is it.

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 8:50 PM

I think Mike is the best looking Poser man yet. It depends on how you use your morph dials and what texture you use. Check out the Paco tecture by Quim Abella in the Marketplace. He's just dazzling! Melanie

magnet ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 7:48 PM

file_226979.jpg

Mike is definitely a great character. I only designed one character for him, and it turned out to be my best work (released) yet. I wouldn't mind some feedback.

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 8:38 PM

Magnet, this texture is great! I'd love to have that. Are you planning to sell it? Melanie

magnet ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 10:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=magnet

Yes Melanie, it is in my Store. His name is Avery. I didn't want to plug my product in this forum. You can find my store from the scroll menu in the right hand column near the top of the page. I am really happy to hear you like it... Thanks, Brandon "magnet"

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 7:53 AM

I see no reason why people can't plug their products here in the forum. I think it's one of the reasons we're here, to give people information on where to get the things they need. I'll check out your site. Thanks. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.