Thu, Oct 3, 10:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Best Blender Forum?

megalodon ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 9:34 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 1:04 PM

Which Blender forum is the most active? I ask because I have NO idea and would like to know. We may end up hiring a number of CG animators, and while we currently use Lightwave I would like to (possibly) move towards Blender. Which forum - in your opinion - has the widest variety of skilled artists?

Thanks in advance!

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 9:59 PM

thats about as ponited and opinion based as what program is the best

every person has their own specialty and methods and versions and they tend to stay close to similar minds

if you are looking for examples of what blender artists can do check blendswap or the user submissions on cgcookie

im pretty sure that there are some good modelers here that run blender only but most of the real hardcore users work elsewhere and stay to themselves

you could youtube search blender animations  ive found a few good ones

i dont do animations because i only work with hard body meshes

there are those here that are way better at animating in blender than i am so lets see where the dice land

amileduan ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2013 at 10:28 PM

I suggest blenderartists.org.

render farm :Intel Xeon E5560 * 2, 16 cores with hyper-threading,Win7 64bit.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2013 at 5:45 AM

one more vote for blenderartists.org ;)

Laurie

heddheld ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2013 at 8:17 AM

theres even a jobs thread  on BA

but another one you may like to look at is http://www.cgsociety.org/

its blender forum isnt as busy but has some great artists there

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quote - one more vote for blenderartists.org ;)

Laurie

Third that vote. It's probably the busiest forum for Blender, certainly. The threads on Cycles are simply mind-boggling.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

megalodon ( ) posted Tue, 15 January 2013 at 2:38 PM

This is great!

Thank you ALL for your input - it is MUCH appreciated.

I don't know what route we'll eventually be taking - going with Lightwave and/or Blender - but at least I have an excellent starting point.

Again, thank you!

Alexzj ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 3:02 PM
If you're seeking an active and vibrant Blender forum, look no further than Blender Artists—it's a true gem in the CG community. As an avid Blender enthusiast myself, I can attest to the forum's dynamic nature and diverse range of talented artists. Whether you're a curious beginner or a seasoned professional, Blender Artists offers an engaging platform where knowledge flows freely and creativity thrives. What sets this forum apart is not just its sheer activity, but the genuine camaraderie among its members. You'll find a warm and welcoming atmosphere where artists of all skill levels come together to share insights, seek advice, and showcase their latest masterpieces. From technical quandaries to artistic inspiration, the discussions on Blender Artists cover a wide spectrum, making it an invaluable hub for honing your skills and expanding your network. One of the hallmarks of this forum is its relentless pursuit of innovation and experimentation. Talented individuals from various backgrounds push the boundaries of what's possible with Blender, encouraging others to think outside the box. With a multitude of tutorials, tips, and tricks available, you'll find a wealth of resources to fuel your creative endeavors and take your projects to new heights. So, if you're considering transitioning from Lightwave to Blender and are seeking a forum that offers not just a wide variety of skilled artists but also a sense of community, Blender Artists is the perfect destination. Immerse yourself in this bustling hub of artistic expression, share your work, seek advice, and collaborate with like-minded individuals who share your passion for Blender. I wish you all the best as you embark on this exciting journey into the world of Blender and CG animation!

keppel ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 10:21 PM

"The use of AI models like ChatGPT in people-to-people online forums can be concerning. AI lacks emotional understanding and this undermines the genuine human connection and empathy that these platforms aim to foster. While AI can provide quick responses, it lacks the authenticity and support of human interaction. Striking the right balance between AI and human involvement is crucial for creating a more empathetic and reliable online forum environment. It's important to recognize the limitations of AI and ensure human moderators or participants are actively engaged. This helps improve the overall quality of interactions and contributes positively to online communities."

Full disclosure, above is an AI response.  Apologies to Alexzj if the words in his post above are his own but it doesn't read like a human response.  It is a sad day when human to human discussion in online forums gets replaced with AI to AI. 

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 4:37 PM
heddheld posted at 8:17 AM Tue, 15 January 2013 - #4031332

CG Society appears to be down or no longer available.

Warlock279 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 10:36 PM

kenmo posted at 4:37 PM Thu, 20 July 2023 - #4470677

heddheld posted at 8:17 AM Tue, 15 January 2013 - #4031332

CG Society appears to be down or no longer available.
Sure does!

I would assume that's a temporary thing tho. Sever failure/migration/upgrade, DDOS/hack, something. I just received their standard newsletter this afternoon. I can't imagine, even tho CG Society is a shell of what it once was, it'd be going offline anytime soon, at least not without more fanfare.

Actually, now it appears to be back up.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.