Fri, Sep 20, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: I'm looking for, you know, its one of those... hmmm.....

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 11:44 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:34 AM

Okay, being a guy I have the smarts not to buy any clothing for a woman, but to go one step further in romanticism and say, "here honey, here's a gift certificate." :) But obviously I dont have enough smarts to remember what its called, so I'm gonna fumble the ball a bit. The closest name I can think of is sort of a night... 'dress', skirt, evening wear, whatever you call it. Women, whatever you wear to bed that looks like the P4 Thin-Strap Dress. But there no definitive curves, it just falls on, and you wear it to bed, and go night-night. Usually its generally made out of silk I believe. And if youve gotten this far and have any idea what I'm talking about, can you point me into the direction of one (or one very similar) that fits Victoria? I could just say "screw it", and paint the whole thing on, but frankly, I'm not big on that option. I'm gonna have to do post-work on it anyway, but I want as much 'naturalism' to it as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A big thank-a-you in advance... a3-ro2.gif

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:02 PM

file_227037.jpg

You mean like a slip....Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:04 PM

file_227041.jpg

slip.....

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:04 PM

file_227042.jpg

.....ah yes.....it's a slip......Sharen LOL

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:16 PM

Sharon, WEIRD! I had this feeling that it would be you who was gonna right back first. sweeeeet. Thats exactly it. I just couldnt go hunting for it since I am at work with a very open cubicle that has people either passing by it or coming in more often than I would want. So checking out Victorias Secret would raise a few eyebrows. :) As it was I had to scroll through the post very fast. :) Now the question still remains: where can I find one for Vicky!? a3-ro3.gif

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:35 PM

Believe it or not, I seem to remember something like this at Poser World, or something I just got in the mail. Let me check out Poserworld tonight or you can, and let me look through the item I got lastnight. Funny this is for Victoria, and these are Victoria Secret....LOL...just thought it was ironic, and what do you mean I would write back first.....LOL Sharen

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:44 PM

Dunno, it was just a gut feeling. Drink more beer, get em more often. :) Yeah if you could look for it i'd be most appreciative. a3-ro3.gif

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:49 PM

okay.....get back to you later tonight. Gotta make a few runs on PC troubleshooting tonight. Sharen

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 12:50 PM

Hi, Well, the bvious joke is that they're not called "unmentionables" for nothing :) "24 hours, then bye, bye, bank" Yay! :) later jb

amp-three ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 1:36 PM

Hey, Tyra Banks in a slip? I'd be glad to mention that. :)

a3-ro2.gif

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 1:44 PM

hmm i thought i made one for vicky hehe i will have to check.

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

nfredman ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 4:25 PM

Sometimes they're called slips, sometimes they're called chemises. They're most always called, "slinky." :^D

dancineyes ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 6:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=100684&Start=121&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

Hello,

This thread was very funny to me. I love it when a man tries to ask a question about "women stuff". I have been looking for you but have not had much luck. I was looking through the Poser gallery and came upon an image of a woman who seemed to be wearing exactly what you are looking for. I will supply the link. But they stated that they got it at Poser World. I don't know much about Poser World as I don't have a credit card and it seems to be a subscription based website. Anyway just thought you may have access to this website? Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If I do locate anything else I will let you know. Good luck! :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 3:04 AM

The proper term for something worn to bed is called a "nightgown". A "slip" or "chemise" is worn under regular clothes. A "halfslip" is from waist down, and can be of any length. If made of heavy enough fabric (not to see through) such as silk charmeuse, a slip can be worn as a dress to a party by wild young things who like to raise eyebrows. A "dressing gown" or "negligee" usually also has a matching robe. These are worn by ladies in the morning while preparing their toilette, having breakfast in bed, reading the newspaper, and otherwise being extremely casual. Occasionally gentlemen visitors will be entertained while the lady is "en negligee". If you are ordering something slinky for a woman to wear to bed, ask for a nightgown or negligee, and go for silk. It is affordable, and the feel of real silk (from both the inside and the outside) will make the gift extra special. Carolly

amp-three ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 12:36 PM

Hee hee hee. I'm not asking for ideas on what to get my girlfriend... I'm just trying to find something that works in Poser. And ive had ppl look into the PWFW one, and it doesnt work for what i want. :( a3-ro3.gif

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.