Wed, Sep 18, 2:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: Can move poser figures to daz?

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2023 at 6:35 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 4:56 PM

I have poser and daz and wonder if one app can accept a figure/character from another app for a scene?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2023 at 7:28 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

The Daz's millennium figures up to generation 4 can be used in Poser like you would use any other Poser figure. Daz's Genesis figures are not compatible out of the box. There used to be a script that allowed it, but that was discontinued. I think some people have had luck exporting as an FBX and importing into Poser, but I haven't looked into that.

As far as Poser figures into Daz, the older, non-weight-mapped ones worked with no problem. The weight-mapped ones aren't compatible, though I've heard some people have gotten them into Daz. You may want to ask in the Daz forum https://www.renderosity.com/forums/12452/dazstudio if your want to go in that direction. The weight-mapped Poser figures include Alyson 2 and Ryan 2, Miki 4, Roxy and Rex, Pauline and Paul, Pauline 2 a Paul 2, and Lafemme and L'homme. The poser versions of Dawn and Dusk are weight mapped, but there are Daz versions available.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 12:36 PM

IIRC, there's an excellent tutorial / sub-forum for getting Gen_3~~5 (V7~~9 etc) into Poser. Inspired by this, I ported  'Kalea V7 Rogue' to FBX, used it in P_11.3...
https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/DS-Kalea-7-Rogue-ported-to-Poser-as-FBX-Yay-951836762
( Keep those head-ache pills handy !!)

Going the other way, you may be able to do it by simply exporting clad Poser figure as FBX.

Sadly, there seems no practicable way to use either DS' or Poser's 'dynamic' clothing facility to simply drape an imported 'nude' FBX...

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 5:16 PM

Thanks both of you for expertise!

don

Passion3D ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2023 at 3:07 AM · edited Tue, 22 August 2023 at 3:08 AM

For information, Willdial's tutorial allows you to use G3 and G8 with their morphs in Poser ;)

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/76121/genesis-3-poser-updater

Here's a rendering of G3F in P12 Cycles

hLKeozga9kWoCaJx1QpiaaQNBrS4YnPNwxwIhN8e.png

Store | DeviantArt | 

Poser 12, DazStudio 4.21, Blender 2.83 - LinuxMint 21 - Ryzen 5 RAM 16G, GTX 1650 VRAM 4G 

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2023 at 6:13 PM

Here's a thread on how to covert your clothing for the other program to Poser figures: How to Convert V4 and Other Gowns and Dresses for La Femme

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.