Sat, Aug 3, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Forums disappearing without notice

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 1:33 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:42 PM
Online Now!

I wanted to start a new topic in the "Suggestion Box" forum but the forum's gone. Either that or my memory's playing tricks on me.

I then spotted a recent "Carrara forum gone" topic where Wolfenshire explained that any forum that goes long enough without any activity gets closed.

There's definitely some logic to that, but please make it blatently clear to all forum users that this is the way it works. 

I would suggest that at the top of each forum, just undet the list of forum admins and mods, you add a sentence along the followinh lnes:

"Any forum that has no activity for (whatever-long-enough-means) will be closed."

Simple, eh?

P.S. That's not the suggestion that I wanted to post. So please can you reopen the Suggestion Box forum, assuming that it did actually exist and that it wasn't just my imagination, so that I can post the suggestion that I came here to post in the appropriate forum.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 3:15 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yes, the Suggestion Box forum did exist, and yes, it was closed. I don't really see that one coming back, but I'll pass your suggestion on to Admin.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 6:39 AM
Online Now!

I'm disappointed - I'd actually posted a few suggestions for forum bug fixes over there and to my great surprise they were all fixed ! But no worries, I'm quite happy to post suggestions here in the Community Centre Forum. Except that I've forgotten what my suggestion was. Never mind, it can't have been that important.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 7:48 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Maybe they will, idk, but for now posting a suggestion here is fine.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2023 at 2:51 PM · edited Thu, 14 September 2023 at 2:55 PM

The more forums the bigger the number of spammers. Most forums were only hit and were active only because of spammers.

The "Where can I find?" forum was the "Where can I promote my new item released at DAZ?" forum.

"No, of course I'm not a vendor asking you to look up my own item!" LOL! umm... for advertising purposes.

"Oh, you can find it at DAZ? That's great! Now you know where to find it" LOL!

.... oh, and like 4 out of 5 times, people were finding it difficult to say "Thank you!"

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2023 at 2:01 PM

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed 'Rosity being really s...l...o...w over the last few days? 🤔

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2023 at 3:26 PM
RodS posted at 2:01 PM Fri, 15 September 2023 - #4474627

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed 'Rosity being really s...l...o...w over the last few days? 🤔

The site has a very slow response indeed I was trying to browse at 9:20pm 1:40am and 11am Chicago time, I'm from Chicago. I'm sorry I can't reach all my fans' images to comment. I don't have time to waste waiting for a page to load. I tried both home internet WiFi and 5G, no improvement :(

EVargas ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2023 at 3:37 PM
RodS posted at 2:01 PM Fri, 15 September 2023 - #4474627

I experienced that too this week, but it is already better for me now (browsing from Brazil).

Store | Website

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2023 at 4:23 PM

Bit slow for me too, wonder if the hurricane has anything to do with it? Or more of the same cyberattacks that have been affecting sites lately? They hit The Weather Network just a few days ago and it's only now recovering ... sorta. :-(

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2023 at 5:47 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

There's a post in one of these threads from the dev that says around midnight there are a lot of scripts running, and that could be slowing things down.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2023 at 2:20 AM
Online Now!

All very interesting, but nothing to do with forums being closed without notice.

;0)

FirstBastion ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 8:27 AM

I like the suggestion that a "suggestion box" is a good idea to have. 

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2023 at 11:01 AM

We did used to have one, but I think they traded it in for the new Social Media forum(s). 

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 1:08 AM · edited Mon, 18 September 2023 at 3:36 AM
Online Now!

The Socisl Media forum is possibly one of the wackiest ideas the behind-the-scenes boffins here at Rendo have yet come up with. :0)

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 1:57 AM

not sure what it's purpose is, I already follow Renderosity on Facebook, have for years, no idea how that relates to the forum.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 3:56 AM
Site Admin Online Now!
Oh, how fun, obscure word typically not used in American English.  I see the word use above being misinterpreted real fast as name-calling. It is not.

Boffin is a British slang term for a scientist, engineer, or other person engaged in technical or scientific research and development.
"a computer boffin"

Thank you, the word police has been here. Please continue.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 8:44 AM

a computer buffoon probably sums me up nicely 🤡

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2023 at 10:11 PM
Online Now!

I'd overlooked the fact that Americans have a similar word but with an extra g - although surely these days only a buffoon would take umbrage at being called a boffin when it's so easy to simply google boffin?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2023 at 4:14 AM

well I learnt a new word

Downunder we use rooting that way so when an American says I am rooting for you we look them rather aghast 😮

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2023 at 4:54 AM · edited Tue, 19 September 2023 at 5:06 AM
Site Admin Online Now!
There are 67 countries that speak English, with around 150 - 160 dialects total.  Now add in the other 7,116 languages around the world, and it's surprising anyone can understand each other.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2023 at 10:46 AM

::mumbles something about towers, honked off Deities and curses:: No wonder we're all Confunded*!

(* not misspelled, look it up ;-)

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 10:17 AM

We will bring back the Suggestion Box. No Worries! Go enjoy the Social Media forum. That's where all the fun is happening.

JacquelineJ ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 11:42 AM · edited Fri, 22 September 2023 at 11:42 AM
Forum Moderator

3dcheapskate posted at 1:08 AM Mon, 18 September 2023 - #4474751

The Socisl Media forum is possibly one of the wackiest ideas the behind-the-scenes boffins here at Rendo have yet come up with. :0)

So sorry to hear your opinion...here is a little social media coupon just for you, it's good till 10/18! Happy Friday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.