Wed, Sep 18, 10:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:37 pm)

Subject: I Need 2014 Install Help

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 11:08 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Hi All,

Poser 2014 is having trouble installing on W10. It won't even run. I've reinstalled it a couple of times.

In Safe Boot, I get this error message. Anybody know what it wants from me? What kind of "open port" is it missing? I've never seen it before this install.

TIA

The Machine

X570 Aorus Master

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core

128GB RAM

Nvidia RTX4080

0BeqqgVNlennaL0WvyfdlOS4LmZGmCnYuHbeRFnT.png

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 11:47 AM

It is trying to open the air library, which wont work.

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/499/how-to-fix-your-runtime-now-that-adobe-flash-has-reached-end-of-life 

Look under Option 2. It has been ages since I had to do this, but it should still work.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 12:34 PM · edited Fri, 22 September 2023 at 12:35 PM

Wa! This must be my lucky day!

I took a look at the article intro, I'll read the rest later. Flash, eh? and Adobe? I was a Flash user before Adobe bought Macromedia. Thanks for this writeup.

Renderosity is hosting some great models that were made 20 years ago or so, but they were made only to go into Poser. The easiest way to convert them is to load them into Poser, then export them. This is what I want to liberate:
https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/97334/cadillac-fleetwood-1953

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 1:23 PM

Wa! This must be my lucky day!

I took a look at the article intro, I'll read the rest later. Flash, eh? and Adobe? I was a Flash user before Adobe bought Macromedia. Thanks for this writeup.

Renderosity is hosting some great models that were made 20 years ago or so, but they were made only to go into Poser. The easiest way to convert them is to load them into Poser, then export them. This is what I want to liberate:
https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/97334/cadillac-fleetwood-1953

Later

Editing the .ini file was a good idea, but the bad behavior continued. I'm guessing it wants permission to access the internet, but it already has it. This is a great project but I'm going to look for another way.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 2:25 PM

I have had a similar message a few times and in my case it was my firewall blocking access I had to go into the my anti-virus and allow the Poser library access to the internet. I have even had it on Poser 13 when installed on a new machine.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 4:18 PM

I've been looking at firewall things. Poser does have W10 access to the internet, but something is blocking it still. After it fails to load, it crashes. I may try a more recent version of Poser, it can't hurt. There are too many fine old Poser 3D models to just shrug, but at the moment I'm out of ideas.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 8:02 PM

I only have P11, P12, and P13 installed on my system, wish I could be further help.

I have not used the older versions in years. Most vendors don't support older versions anymore either.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 8:30 PM

Thank you, I appreciate your effort. I ordered a copy of 11 Pro, in the hope that 2014's behavior is a quirk. Ourias's work won't be coming around again. Same goes for Dreamland.

Richard60 ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 9:04 PM

you have reinstalled the program, but have you applied the last service pack to that installation?  I have version 5-13 on my computer and only 8 won't run due to I.E. being removed.  you need to run the latest patch which would be 10.0.5.28925.  Without that patch Poser will not run.  There was a Windows update that disabled certain features that 10 requires.  This patch is the only one that has ever been issued to a prior Poser version when the newer version was out.  The patch itself is about 95MB in size.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 9:48 PM

Ah, good. Tell me, any place in particular I would look for this patch? The number came up (on the search engine) right away, but it was all on non-Poser sites. They want to install a whole new copy, looks like. Is this what you are talking about?

Rottenham ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2023 at 10:22 PM

I looked. Poser 2014 SR5.2 is the thing. Smith-Micro was offering that. It's no longer available anywhere. Thanks for the suggestion.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 12:19 AM

I will try to send you a link via your account here.  Will be a bit as I have very slow internet.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Rottenham ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2023 at 2:56 PM

When I get v11 Pro, I'll check back here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.