Wed, Oct 2, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 9:13 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Blacksmith3D Pro is not working anymre

marciushess ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 10:08 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:29 PM

Hi, since Blacksmith3D closed his store, the signature stopped, but the program was still running. Now I receive a message that is impossible to validate the Pro version. The message says there is no internet connection, but that is not the case. I think they simply shut down the server. I've tried to contact them in many ways without success. Someone know how to contact him or how to make the software work without this internet validation, on the Pro version?

CHMedia ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 1:48 PM

I believe it has been discontinued. If I find out otherwise I will let you know.

marciushess ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 3:21 PM

Thanks a lot CHMedia.

Amaranth ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2023 at 5:27 AM

Since many of us paid a lot of money for this program even if the vendor closed it's store the program should still be working without being needing to connect to the internet. I checked my version too and I only can open it in demo version. Should we open a ticket to get this resolved ? 

Amaranth3D

marciushess ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2023 at 10:51 AM

I think it's a good idea to open a ticket. If everyone who bought the product do  I hope the store can solve this.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2023 at 6:01 PM

I just put in a ticked too. This is a $200+ software and it should not be telling me that I have the demo version only.

marciushess ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2023 at 7:00 PM
Rhia474 posted at 6:01 PM Sat, 2 December 2023 - #4478517

I just put in a ticked too. This is a $200+ software and it should not be telling me that I have the demo version only.

Exactly. 

JeepersHD ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 11:51 AM

Hi.
Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem, the program cannot  connect to the server and just opens the demo version.

Who do we need to contact/ send a ticket to, to have this issue resolved? (if it can be resolved at all :/)

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 12:07 PM

A post on Facebook reported an article from 9 years ago that Renderosity was going to take control over Blacksmith3D products and licensing.  It might appear that things switching over new location or servers.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 12:15 PM

Well, the answer I got from support is... to put it mildly, unacceptable.

Dear [name]

I apologize for the inconvenience all versions of Blacksmith 3d Jan 3, 2023, are no longer available as well as the original developer. I wish we could do more to help. If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact support.

So basically they are telling us that the software we legally bought from this site is... dead. Don't expect it to work,  like, ever again.

To say I am dismayed and angry is an understatement. I wonder if this will happen to Poser.  I wonder if I ever want to buy stuff frim here again.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 12:17 PM
hborre posted at 12:07 PM Sun, 3 December 2023 - #4478530

A post on Facebook reported an article from 9 years ago that Renderosity was going to take control over Blacksmith3D products and licensing.  It might appear that things switching over new location or servers.

No. See above. They are basically disavow the software. This is absolutely outrageous, especially without any notice. 

JeepersHD ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 1:44 PM

Damn, that is depressing news...

I opened a ticket, using the link at the top of this page.
When I receive news I'll post the reply here as well.

I don't have my hopes up after this though :C

marciushess ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 1:54 PM

I received the same answer,  same words. I think they should make something about it,  a way to make the software work without need to contact a server that doesn't exist anymore.  I hope thecstore can find a way to solve this.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 2:10 PM

Good luck with hoping, since this seems to be the only notice about it. There is no official notification about it anywhere on this site, so I suspect a ton of people will be disappointed come Jan 1st.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 3:09 PM

Abrupt and unannounced.  This serves as a warning about phone-home applications.  

Amaranth ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 4:47 PM · edited Sun, 03 December 2023 at 4:47 PM

oh wow

I found this on his LinkedIn

Contract Software EngineerContract Software Engineer
Bondware IncBondware Inc
jan. 2014 - jan. 2017 · 3 jr 1 mndjan. 2014 - jan. 2017 · 3 jr 1 mnd
- Blacksmith3D acquired by Bondware
-Developed versions 6 and 7 of software product ( Windows and OS X ) with interface redesign, additional features, code modernization.
- Worked in team environment to focus on quality control, user experience and meeting development schedule.
- Maintained product, provided technical support, created documentation training materials 

I moved on to Substance Painter but I know many people rely on this texturing program.

Amaranth3D

JeepersHD ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2023 at 4:37 AM

I also received the same reply in email unfortunately.

I guess there's little choice other than to move to Substance Painter.

Steam still sells a licence, Not really what I want but our options are few  :/ :C

ashleyb ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2023 at 9:54 AM

The dev team looking to correct this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, it can be corrected. 

snarlthewerewolf ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2023 at 7:22 PM

I actually found this thread because I have the same issue too. I really love Blacksmith and even though I have substance painter and zbrush, I tend to use Blacksmith for basic fixes. It also has unique features that other programs don't, like overlay an image on a obj and then have it update the texture align the image perfectly. Great for trying to overlay names, numbers and pictures on T-shirt textures.

marciushess ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2023 at 9:05 PM
ashleyb posted at 9:54 AM Mon, 4 December 2023 - #4478579

The dev team looking to correct this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, it can be corrected. 

I hope they can, thanks.

JeepersHD ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2023 at 10:29 AM

I was able to open Blacksmith3D  again today, the connection to the server seems to have been re established! 
I hope it works well again for everything else as well.

Big thanks to the dev team for adressing this !!!!  = ^ . ^ =

snarlthewerewolf ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2023 at 10:18 PM

As can I. Thank you, Renderosity. As a long time 3D content purchaser, I greatly appreciate how often you go to bat for your customers. You really DAZzle us with your customer service, unlike another store ;)

Amaranth ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 7:51 AM

I finally had some time to test it and I only needed to reregister with my license key. Thanks for fixing this !

Amaranth3D

marciushess ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2023 at 12:38 PM

Yeah, it's working again. Thanks a lot to the Dev. Team

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.