Fri, Aug 2, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:56 pm)

Subject: Clothing V4-to-LF1-to-LF2 with clothing morphs carried over?

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2023 at 9:28 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:12 PM

I have the LF1 to LF2 working out okay but I don't have a huge wardrobe for LF1 to begin with so I have been converting V4 (and others) to LF1 using Crossdresser by EvilInnocence; all has worked out for what I needed.
BUT
I just tried converting a V4 to LF1 top that has some morphs for open and closing; Crossdresser brought all the clothing custom (non-character) morphs over just fine for LaFemme 1, but when I convert that to LF2 the 'Open-Close' morphs won't work....

I can convert the clothing, then load the original LF1 converted version into Poser13 and Copy the morphs from one to the other - No Error - but when I try to use the morphs on the LF2 version: the front seam is Welded Shut, instead of opening the blouse it just pulls and distorts the mesh?
I thought maybe it was because "weld seams" was checked when I exported the mesh but when I tried again and Unchecked that; same thing, same result

I am using a "Combat Jacket" originally for V4 (forget maker offhand).

So I guess my question is: What does Crossdresser do to transfer over such Clothing Morphs from V4 to LF1 that is not happening when I convert the same piece from LF1 to LF2 using the LF2 tools?

(**sorry, I may not get back for a day or two to see if anyone answers...)

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2023 at 10:48 AM

Copy morphs from the original V4 garment. You can do that for any clothing conversion, and it usually works pretty well. It doesn’t have to be the sa,e garment. I copy morphs from the morphing fantasy dress to other gowns all the time. I find, though, that open and close morphs can just tear the mesh if the garment is completely closed at the start.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2023 at 7:36 PM · edited Tue, 05 December 2023 at 7:39 PM

RobZhena posted at 10:48 AM Tue, 5 December 2023 - #4478671

Copy morphs from the original V4 garment. You can do that for any clothing conversion, and it usually works pretty well. It doesn’t have to be the sa,e garment. I copy morphs from the morphing fantasy dress to other gowns all the time. I find, though, that open and close morphs can just tear the mesh if the garment is completely closed at the start.

I have done that and it just won't work.
I have tried copying the morphs from the Original V4 garment and from the LF1 converted through Crossdresser - neither way will let morphs work for LaFemme 2SR1??

All other morphs seem to work (breast, FBM, adjust morphs, etc). I am at a loss how to explain why this is.
I have some other clothes to convert later (coats and such) like the Gunslinger Duster and others....not sure yet if they are going to do similar in the 'Open/Close' morphs??
TfJ38v52AgtQEC7Wp3k2pztvWMjERh869vKQkYAs.jpg

Oh Shoot!
I just realized the end of your comment.
YES, this blouse IS "completely Closed" in it's default position....
Is there a fix for this??
Again: Crossdresser can convert from V4 and copy the morphs over - so how can we do this for LF2??

there must be a set or method that Crossdresser knows that we dont?

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2023 at 5:19 PM · edited Sat, 09 December 2023 at 5:19 PM

Maybe this render explains better.
All Six 'Combat Jackets' are rendered together in the same scene to show that CrossDresser can copy the morphs over to the converted piece but the Poser converted/fitted piece is welding itself closed for some reason??:

vPO0nyYvokAsHO62Ao3OcqsxJTDr4WYyzup1VWiD.jpg

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2023 at 7:33 PM

This will sound stupid, but when morphs start misbehaving, I restart Poser.

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2023 at 10:31 PM

RobZhena posted at 7:33 PM Sat, 9 December 2023 - #4478873

This will sound stupid, but when morphs start misbehaving, I restart Poser.

I have restarted....dozens of times. They are not 'misbehaving', they are just not copying over correctly or the conversion using the LF2 Tools are altering the mesh...?

Just tried with the Calamity Cowgirl Vest, which is NOT fully closed the way the military shirt it and the Open/Close morphs are working FINE after copying over to LF2

Something is going on with pieces that start out 'Closed'....I had the same thing with some other items where there is not a large gap in the Left - Right side.
No, I do NOT have the check in "Weld Seams", I tried it both ways.
I have a couple other things to try with the check boxes during the Export part of conversion but my time has been limited ...... will try a couple more tests when I can

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2023 at 10:32 PM

9AIiFaDwM53nxPKSZEtGOoho8lLwLLU3o9YOWEb7.jpg
This one worked...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 3:06 PM

It seems to me that the morph projection is getting confused with those vertices touching each other there. The vest that worked well isn't closed at the front.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2023 at 6:37 PM · edited Sun, 10 December 2023 at 6:39 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:06 PM Sun, 10 December 2023 - #4478903

It seems to me that the morph projection is getting confused with those vertices touching each other there. The vest that worked well isn't closed at the front.

Yes, that is what I am finding on other pieces as well. A "Victorian Bundle" I have for V4 converts the Chemise to LaFemme1 perfectly with CrossDresser, it has a morph to slightly open the top couple buttons. But when converted to LF2 it only stretches the Chemise.

Also there is a "Victorian Love Lace" set with a Skirt that has 'move' morphs in the bustle(?) and it converts GREAT from V4 to LF1 with CrossDresser but converting to LF2 the skirt Move morphs is dragging too much with in the layers of the skirt.

I have tried various options throughout the handling of the OBJ and converting steps - nothing is working....I guess it is what it is until Evilinnocence or someone else can come up with a solution....I am out of ideas

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.