Wed, Jul 3, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 03 10:45 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Question About Thumbnails and the TOS

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2023 at 5:02 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Can somebody tell me if nudity is now allowed in thumbnails? Because I just got a face full of it while browsing the gallery, all from the same poster who is rather known for multiple similar renders per day of "bountiful" naked chics. And this is not the first time, nor are they the only ones with such thumbnails. What I think is going on is that the artists are not making thumbs themselves but are letting the gallery software do it for them, and of course it does so by reproducing the entire image. Now I always understood that if nudity was involved, one's thumbnails must be made from the cropped image so as to not have anything NSFW on the front page and last time I looked -- a couple weeks ago -- that was still in the TOS image guidelines section. Has it been changed? Is there a user setting I need to enable so I don't get the Full Monty while casually browsing? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nudity in the right place -- Merlin knows I've rendered more than bare booty! It's just that when opening the New Art page, one shouldn't have to immediately slam it shut when in company/at work/on a public computer so as to not give anyone a totally unexpected anatomy lesson.

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2023 at 5:20 PM

Correction since I can't edit: Line should read "Merlin knows I've rendered more than one bare booty". Fumble-fingered typist at work, apologies. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2023 at 7:27 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

That rule has been changed. Since the flags for nudity, etc. prevent members who have the filters turned on in their settings from seeing the thumbnails, we've started allowing unedited thumbnails. I recommend if you're at work, or in public, turn on the filters if you're worried about people seeing over your shoulder.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2023 at 7:57 PM

Thanks for telling me. I wasn't sure what was up with it since it wasn't mentioned anywhere else that I could find. Also, can you tell me if there's been any changes to the allowable file sizes for thumbnails and uploads? I don't mean the pixels/dimensions, but the size in kb. mb. or whatever. Was worried some of my own pix & thumbs that I'm working on might be too big, as I remember thumbnails could not be larger than 30 kb and there was a 512 kb limit on renders. But I have only been able to find the allowed minimum and maximum pixel sizes when I went looking. 

Apparently I am working with rather old information with regard to such things.

And yes, I will be careful to not browse unfiltered when in public or if there's a chance any visitors  might be in a position to catch stray glimpses of anatomy. :-)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2023 at 10:08 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I don't know of a size limit, but I've uploaded images larger than either of those listed. I'll ask about limits.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2023 at 9:49 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

It’s been confirmed that the only limits on size are the dimensions 

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2023 at 11:04 AM

Again, thanks, that is a relief. Now I won't have to try to squoosh things down to those old timey limits like I've been doing for nearly as long as I've been here, which was around 2004/05, iirc. Just keep to the allowed pixel sizes and all's good, eh? Guess we can consider the issue sorted. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.