Mon, Sep 30, 1:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Block feature for the Galleries

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2023 at 6:10 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 1:33 AM

It would be super good to be able to filter specific gallery users. Practically every other art site out there has this feature. Thanks.

My Freebies

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2023 at 3:09 PM

Seconding this and I'd also love to be able to block freestuff providers.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2023 at 4:15 PM

Thirded!

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Amaranth ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2023 at 7:54 AM

Has this been taken into consideration ?

I'm sort of grossed out by the fact that seamingly underaged figures are posted in galleries with cameltoes and skimpy outfits. I even removed my own gallery and that were a LOT of images to delete since 2005.

Amaranth3D

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2023 at 10:42 AM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:09 PM Wed, 29 November 2023 - #4478335

Seconding this and I'd also love to be able to block freestuff providers.

Agree with this too, good idea.

My Freebies

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2024 at 3:55 PM

Adding another vote for this. Having the ability to unfollow individual artists would be most welcome. And it's long overdue. 8-(

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2024 at 5:54 AM

I'd like to be able to block AI-generated pictures.

CHMedia ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 2:57 PM
Nevertrumper posted at 5:54 AM Sun, 14 January 2024 - #4480355

I'd like to be able to block AI-generated pictures.

Renderosity doesn't allow AI-generated images only AI post work with a description of the process used. Here is our Policy: https://www.renderosity.com/article/27412/renderosity-updated-policy-for-ai-images-in-galleries

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 10:17 AM

That isn't stopping people from posting them, and with no description to boot.. 

Policies are only as good as the enforcement.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 6:42 PM

I agree with shvrdavid.  As long as individuals are allowed to  skirt around the posting issue without descriptions and/or comments, it's a mute point to remind them of the policy without consequential penalties or punishment.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 4:38 PM

These are all in one upload session; some individuals have been consistently doing this daily.   Maybe the solution is to build an hourly timer that begins after the first image is uploaded.  Maybe set it for 2 hours.  I know policing the gallery is a full-time job but abusive activities are going back to what they were before the AI ban.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 5:42 PM

Agreed. I stopped uploading anything--this is very discouraging and demotivating. Please do something about it.

Krid ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2024 at 9:07 AM

Hi Rod,

You are absolutely right. I've been here for what feels like hundreds of years. When I started here, it was a real community. It wasn't a case of tit for tat. It was about the kind of pictures and what they mean. And yes sometimes it takes me a long time to finish a picture (without AI you can create a picture in a few minutes). Or also: I take a picture and simply change a few poses. The result is: you upload a picture and a few minutes later you're on page three or even further away. The main thing seems to be: "I'm a top artist". And I don't think it's honest. Creativity no longer seems to be the order of the day here. I think it's a shame how everything has developed here...

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2024 at 11:57 AM

The sad thing is, it seems like those who could make the changes this site sorely needs don't appear to give a damn. Scroll through this thread. How many Mods have responded in any way? One. And that reply simply states that Renderosity doesn't allow AI-generated images. Like the ones clogging the galleries on a daily basis. Sigh...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2024 at 12:14 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Please refer to the Updated AI Policy for more information. https://www.renderosity.com/article/27412/renderosity-updated-policy-for-ai-images-in-galleries

The number we allow per day is 8. We made this decision based on community member's suggestions.

Let's not discourage people from uploading. We have heard you all loud and clear. Members are hesitant to post in the threads because of discouragement and complaints.

kalebdaark ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 3:37 PM

Yeah, I still want the ability to block certain users.   My beef isn't with AI artists, mine is with any post of the same character, just minor variations, single images only at the max rate per day.   The never ending sameness of artists such as [censored] [censored] [censored] and [censored] (you know darn well who it is, just look at the new list daily).    Most of those are using Daz studio renders of basically the same girl, or same art style, and they're usually pinups, all as individual posts not in multi-image posts.   They could easily do multi-image, but just choose not to to maximize their exposure I suppose, but it pushes others down onto page 2, so those won't be seen for very long.  You don't need the "flood" of AI to be rude, you can do just fine with good 'ol DS3d or Poser.   They should be able to post what they want, I just want the ability to filter them out.    Looking at their endless cavalcade of conformity makes me not want to look anymore, and not post.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:04 PM

Regrettably, common courtesy is often overlooked when artists are eager to display their style, theme, or generated images. This recurring narrative discourages many veteran artists who are reluctant to compete with the constant influx of eight images daily, all year round. While Renderosity does not wish to deter uploads, the lack of visibility disheartens many artists, leading them to believe that sharing their work is futile. Without an effective filtering system, these seasoned artists may remain disheartened about posting their artwork.

kalebdaark ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:16 PM · edited Thu, 04 April 2024 at 4:24 PM

Yeah, that's where I'm at, plus the boredom.   The sheer mind-numbing BOREDOM of seeing the same basic image over and over again, and that goes for AI and the other render options.   Maybe I'm just decadent, my brain fried by too much endless novelty and dopamine, but again, it's a heck of a de-motivator, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.   I think that might be the "worm in the apple" of all of this AI stuff (again, they're not my beef, anyone can do it) and at some point the stuff starts to have "that distinctive AI look" or "DAZ Look" or "Poser look" and at some point people turn off and shut down.   Everyone has their limit.  I gotta wonder how those aforementioned non-mentioned artists bust out 8 renders per day like that. With AI assistance, it'd still take them maybe an hour to do 8 (it takes me a bit longer, but I care about what images I produce and will tweak them til they're right). That's an hour gone from their life per day. Do they have a life? Chemical assistance maybe? The more I think about Krid's comment, well....he had a point.  

kalebdaark ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 9:44 AM · edited Sat, 13 April 2024 at 9:44 AM

Another day, another gallery look.   The never ending repetitive sameness, day-in, day out.   What's the point?   I'm even skipping days, then multiple.  I feel better off without it, since it's a waste of time, really.

So I'm going to go out on a limb today with the suggestion:

1 and only 1 gallery post per day, for anyone.    It can be either a single or multi-image post, your choice, but only 1.

That should stop the endless flood of similar-seeming images and force people to up the quality and care about the one and only thing they're going to upload today, be it AI, Daz Studio, Poser or whatever, so it better be the most compelling thing they can think of to get those clicks and attention.  It'd also give everyone a more-or-less equal shot at time on the first page, which is where most people look.   The eight per day just encourages an endless sameness that makes me want to barf and not even engage with it at all anymore.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

I concur with this idea. The administrators' decision to allow multiple images within a single post could decrease the number of gallery posts, thereby encouraging veteran artists to share their work and gain recognition once more.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Observing the gallery, it's apparent that one individual has shared 32 images over 8 different posts. Should they maintain this rate of posting daily for an entire year, the total would reach 11,680 images. Yet, amassing such a vast collection of images with redundant styles and themes might be considered an ineffective utilization of storage space.

ladylake ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2024 at 11:01 PM

I don't understand.   We can block (keep from seeing) individual users.  I have done it to a couple of those who post 8 images of the almost same thing every day.   Just block those you don't wish to see.  If this is not what you are talking about, sorry to have posted.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 8:14 AM
Site Admin

This is an older thread from before the block was added. A spammer necromanced it

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ladylake ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2024 at 1:07 PM

Thanks for that.  Is there not a way to lock or delete this thread then?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.